Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

https://dominicwellssj.wordpress.com/2021/07/19/boubakary-soumare-scout-report/

This is an excellent report of him from last summer. In short, it says he's excellent in possession and carries the ball well but struggles big time defensively, particularly with interceptions and tracking runners. We haven't seen much of the former as he struggles to get up to the speed of the Premier League, but the latter is glaringly obvious and has been from the start. This is presumably why Rodgers saw him as more of a box-to-box player for us, and that he needed to add goals and assists to his game, rather than as an Ndidi replacement. 

I have no idea how he's getting on in training so it's hard to say whether he should be shipped out asap or given time to adapt. Rodgers certainly doesn't seem keen at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Was he on the pitch at the end yesterday? Couldn't see him but I was at the top of C Block. 

didn't see him to be fair and would be surprised if he wasn't even at the ground, unless he's back in France. 

Did I just read he was surprised by the pace and intensity of the PL?

Clearly he isn't too smart. We've all watched the various leagues and it's very apparent that the PL is much more competitive than the other leagues in Europe.

Same for Daka really. They should know what they are coming to, and be prepared mentally to go hard or go home.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Did I just read he was surprised by the pace and intensity of the PL?

Clearly he isn't too smart. We've all watched the various leagues and it's very apparent that the PL is much more competitive than the other leagues in Europe.

Same for Daka really. They should know what they are coming to, and be prepared mentally to go hard or go home.

Didnt see Daka either. Was he there? 

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Didnt see Daka either. Was he there? 

He seemed quite happy with his entourage on the pitch after the match. Wasn’t mixing that much with the others mind but I wouldn’t read to much into that.  Hopefully next season will be his breakthrough season in the team. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest Chocolate Teapot
57 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Also looks like he’s  lost weight in the face hopefully been doing work in the break 

Hes clearly had his teeth done....

9 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Haven’t some ITK said that Rogers doesn’t rate him so he’s finished here? 

Some of our own fans hate him and will look down on people who cheer and encourage Boubaks onto the pitch. So wouldn't surprise me people to make stuff up, it's weird but some of our fans really are that.

On that clip though as he's jogging into the pitches he says "I am late", which is one of the things Brendan saw in him as being inexcusable last season according to the "itk" leakers.

For me his time for excuses are up, barring injury early in the season. Young player, new country, new language; it's a big change for a young lad. Now that settling in time has gone, Wesley's playing regular with him too now, we should see him click into gear. Hopefully wins the fans back over quickly.

52 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Some of our own fans hate him and will look down on people who cheer and encourage Boubaks onto the pitch. So wouldn't surprise me people to make stuff up, it's weird but some of our fans really are that.

On that clip though as he's jogging into the pitches he says "I am late", which is one of the things Brendan saw in him as being inexcusable last season according to the "itk" leakers.

For me his time for excuses are up, barring injury early in the season. Young player, new country, new language; it's a big change for a young lad. Now that settling in time has gone, Wesley's playing regular with him too now, we should see him click into gear. Hopefully wins the fans back over quickly.

....I think the "I am late" comment seems to back up the previous ITK comment about Rodgers's frustration!!!

You can't constantly keep doing the same thing, that you have been warned about, it gives the impression he is looking for a way out, and we will have to pay up his contract.