Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He is playing like a player who is restricting himself. It’s like he’s afraid to move incase he drops a bomb. If he played with a bit more freedom we would probably see the beast unleashed. I’m convinced there’s a world class powerhouse hidden away in there, but getting it out is going to be the issue. 

He showed against Man U, Liverpool in the league cup match and Spartak Moscow there is real potential there. 

The hurdle appears to be a mental one, hope he can overcome it and show his ability on a more regular basis. 

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He is playing like a player who is restricting himself. It’s like he’s afraid to move incase he drops a bomb. If he played with a bit more freedom we would probably see the beast unleashed. I’m convinced there’s a world class powerhouse hidden away in there, but getting it out is going to be the issue. 

...to be honest, watching us, it seems that there are a lot of our players playing in a restrictive way!!!

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

What do you think is his best attributes and position, some saying it’s in a defensive role and Rodgers playing him out of position by trying to get him to progress with the ball, who’s right?

...Rodgers reading his game wrong!!!

If he believes Wilf should be playing so far forward, then you can understand why he would get this so wrong.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Rodgers reading his game wrong!!!

If he believes Wilf should be playing so far forward, then you can understand why he would get this so wrong.

But isn’t he wanting him to play the same game as he did in Lille?

He wasn’t a destroyer type DM infact he wasn’t very good in the tackle it was the interceptions and arial duels he shone at but his most telling attribute was progressive ball this what Rodgers asking him to do is it not, intercept and carry the ball out into oppo half then off load to the more creative players isn’t it?

Whats your reading of the then and now?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

But isn’t he wanting him to play the same game as he did in Lille?

He wasn’t a destroyer type DM infact he wasn’t very good in the tackle it was the interceptions and arial duels he shone at but his most telling attribute was progressive ball this what Rodgers asking him to do is it not, intercept and carry the ball out into oppo half then off load to the more creative players isn’t it?

Whats your reading of the then and now?

...just watching the game and he does sit too high up the pitch!!!

38 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

He will start against Brentford and look like prime Yaya Toure. Remember this post.

Good. Then we can sell him.

I just looked it up: We play 6 games (5 PL, 1 League Cup) before the window closes. With five subs, we might be playing guys with literal price tags printed on their shirts.

He’ll be another classic case of two camps on here with differing views: those judging him by what we’ve seen on the pitch and those who claim he’s going to come good based on a name, a hope or a reputation built in France.

The cold hard evidence is that he’s not good enough. 

And the reason for that is because he can’t, or doesn’t want to, put the yards in. Numerous examples in history of those with all the ability but not the application or the desire. Soumare is another.

It seems so simple: run. Put some effort in. Bust a gut. Track your man. But if there’s not that little voice in between the ears telling him to do it then he never will.

I enjoyed the interview last season where he said he’d realised that you needed to run more in the Premier League. And then proceeded to run not a yard more than his languid and laboured performances up til then.

He’s a passenger. Rodgers knows it and tried to shake him up by giving him the cold shoulder at the end of last season. He’s testing whether anything has changed with some game time in pre-season and, so far, it appears to have not.

I said last season he’d be back in France within two years. It’s likely to be less than that.

• Like 1

If no one wants to buy him he needs a loan abroad for a year and maybe he'll come back better, he aren't getting paid elsewhere like Leicester pay him. Read he was on 11k a week  at his old club.

Maybe we bought him 2years early. Can't seem to work him out. We seem to have bought him for the wrong reasons thinking his value will triple in acouple of years

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

8 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I enjoyed the interview last season where he said he’d realised that you needed to run more in the Premier League. And then proceeded to run not a yard more than his languid and laboured performances up til then.

Yeah, I remember that interview. It was like he completely understood what was going wrong... and has done nothing to change it.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Pliskin said:

What have you seen that's convinced you of this though? Is it because he's a bit of a unit ala Yaya Toure, Sissoko and they're pretty good? 

17 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

What have you seen that's convinced you of this though? Is it because he's a bit of a unit ala Yaya Toure, Sissoko and they're pretty good? 

Previous games he has played in France where he looked every bit like this. He does have the natural attributes to be a top class player, but there’s just something that is preventing him from being able to perform at that level. 

• Like 1

It was pretty clear from the game against Hull, that there's no problem with the lad in terms of his attitude. As soon as he made Barnes's goal, KDH and Albrighton both rushed up to him and made a point of saying "You made that!". That's not the actions of players who dislike the lad, and neither seem like players who would appreciate those with a poor attitude. Vardy interestingly enough also reacted, again it seemed to me he was telling him something along the lines of 'That's what you can do!'.

I thought his link up play with Maddison was very good, he actually on multiple occasion was willing and able to play a one-two with Maddison and actually run beyond him. That's not something we see from Tielemans at all given his lack of mobility. With a first choice fully fit back 4, I'd like to see him start against Brentford if he continues in the same vein during pre-season.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

It was pretty clear from the game against Hull, that there's no problem with the lad in terms of his attitude. As soon as he made Barnes's goal, KDH and Albrighton both rushed up to him and made a point of saying "You made that!". That's not the actions of players who dislike the lad, and neither seem like players who would appreciate those with a poor attitude. Vardy interestingly enough also reacted, again it seemed to me he was telling him something along the lines of 'That's what you can do!'.

I thought his link up play with Maddison was very good, he actually on multiple occasion was willing and able to play a one-two with Maddison and actually run beyond him. That's not something we see from Tielemans at all given his lack of mobility. With a first choice fully fit back 4, I'd like to see him start against Brentford if he continues in the same vein during pre-season.

We might see a different beast now he’s had his year of settling in. It’s clear last season was also a confidence issue. Could be a right gem this season, let’s give him a chance. And if he flops this season we know to get rid. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

As soon as he made Barnes's goal, KDH and Albrighton both rushed up to him and made a point of saying "You made that!". That's not the actions of players who dislike the lad, and neither seem like players who would appreciate those with a poor attitude. Vardy interestingly enough also reacted, again it seemed to me he was telling him something along the lines of 'That's what you can do!'.

In today's training clips you can also see Youri and our staff encouraging him after he intercepted a couple of passes in the rondos 

2 hours ago, Bert said:

We might see a different beast now he’s had his year of settling in. It’s clear last season was also a confidence issue. Could be a right gem this season, let’s give him a chance. And if he flops this season we know to get rid. 

Can you stop talking sense please?!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Completely agree. His contract is up in 2026 so we’ll still get a decent fee even if this season is a bit of a bust. 

On 16/07/2022 at 12:12, BKLFox said:

What do you think is his best attributes and position, some saying it’s in a defensive role and Rodgers playing him out of position by trying to get him to progress with the ball, who’s right?

For me the most encouraging thing against Hull was seeing him making yards, either by quickly passing forward or surging with the ball, using his strength to push through. 

He's not exactly box-to-box, his heat map is more compact than that but at his best he looks like a player that can unlock the side-to-side stuff and make that break through the line, which is an exciting prospect.

He's a player that can bring impetus and create momentum, disrupt a sitting opposition and beat the press with explosive forward movement. This is something that we sorely need at times, and I hope these qualities start to come out of him this season.

Ndidi's ball-winning, Maddison's creativity, Soumare's ability to move the ball into attacking areas, KDH's strength, commitment and work rate, Barnes's willingness to take a defender on - there's real potential there if they're firing on all cylinders.

For now though, the jury's still out on Soumare.

Edited by Bourbon Fox
  • Like 3