Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So if they said 1m upfront, you pay half his wages still.

7m when they win the league and 7m more when he wins player of the year, we should accept it.

You can't just go on the headline figure, we don't know the detail?

If it was 17m upfront he would be gone.

That example is extremely flippant.

We don't know exactly what the offer was, they've got the Tchouameni (sp) money, I can't imagine they're going to stage it in a ridiculous manner. Soumare is one of few expendable players we know there's a concrete offer for. We're in a position where we have to be reactive, we literally can't afford to look a gift horse in the mouth.

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

That example is extremely flippant.

We don't know exactly what the offer was, they've got the Tchouameni (sp) money, I can't imagine they're going to stage it in a ridiculous manner. Soumare is one of few expendable players we know there's a concrete offer for. We're in a position where we have to be reactive, we literally can't afford to look a gift horse in the mouth.

But you are just guessing it is a gift horse, without any facts.

You're being just as flippant about LCFC's response as I am about Monaco's offer. 

22 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Looked better in pre-season, show real desire to cover ground and get back.

Also needs to play in a midfield configuration which suits him, I want to see him running with the ball and using his power.

He's going to look better in a midfield which has energy and legs, stick him in alongside Youri is a recipe for trouble.

He has looked good, but he was even more impressive last summer as well. There'd a natural weakness to tracking runners in a league that's as frenetic as the PL. He's got to work extremely hard on changing that, which I hope he will but he needs to take it seriously and look at someone like KDH for inspiration. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

He has looked good, but he was even more impressive last summer as well. There'd a natural weakness to tracking runners in a league that's as frenetic as the PL. He's got to work extremely hard on changing that, which I hope he will but he needs to take it seriously and look at someone like KDH for inspiration. 

It is easier to teach him to run than it is for Hamza to play. 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

But you are just guessing it is a gift horse, without any facts.

You're being just as flippant about LCFC's response as I am about Monaco's offer. 

The position that we're in, even relatively unreasonable offers are a gift - the club don't want to be bullied which is fair enough, admirable even. If Monaco offered £8m upfront which (seems on the low side), we're still not in a position to turn it down.

The order of our considerations is probably: 

Wage bill reduction

Raising cash 

Meeting the 25 man limit

Selling Soumare even in a slightly unfavourable deal benefits us, sticking to our guns doesn't.

It's the awareness in his game which is lacking for me, he looks a bit away with the fairies sometimes when he's without the ball, letting runners go and not closing down quick enough. And when he's on the ball he either takes too much time or is a bit sloppy with his passing. I think a lot of fans have made their minds up he's not good enough so he needs to prove himself. It's a make or break season for him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The position that we're in, even relatively unreasonable offers are a gift - the club don't want to be bullied which is fair enough, admirable even. If Monaco offered £8m upfront which (seems on the low side), we're still not in a position to turn it down.

The order of our considerations is probably: 

Wage bill reduction

Raising cash 

Meeting the 25 man limit

Selling Soumare even in a slightly unfavourable deal benefits us, sticking to our guns doesn't.

But you and I don't know our actual position or what the offer is, we are guessing, the club does and has made a decision based on those facts

We also don't know what other irons are in the fire regarding players leaving. 

It could be an awful decision not to accept, it could be a fabulous decision. 

My point is we don't really know because we don't have the facts. 

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It is easier to teach him to run than it is for Hamza to play. 

You'd think so, but there's plenty of players who just don't seem able or willing to do that side of the game, whether that's a midfielder who's responsibility is to track runners when protecting the defence or an attacker who doesn't press from the front. They are essential basic requirements but not always executed there's no excuse if he hasn't sorted that part out now he's been here a year.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

But you and I don't know our actual position or what the offer is, we are guessing, the club does and has made a decision based on those facts

We also don't know what other irons are in the fire regarding players leaving. 

It could be an awful decision not to accept, it could be a fabulous decision. 

My point is we don't really know because we don't have the facts. 

Of course we don't know but we can speculate - if we can only discuss things when we're privy to everything that goes on behind the scenes then maybe only 4 or 5 people in the world could.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Rather keep him than Mendy or Choudhury, to be honest. I know no one has made offers for those two, but it's inevitable that they'll leave in 12 months anyway. If Soumare left we'd most likely want to sign another midfielder so seems a bit pointless when we can sit tight for a year and see how he gets on. 

If we were going to get our money back then fair enough, but £12.5m is cheap. 

Exactly that, you look at some of the fees been talked about in the last couple of days …

Morgan Gibbs-White - £25m bid rejected from Forest

Chukdnsbsvsndbbs - £20m from Villa to Chelsea

We should be able to make our money back on him, otherwise I agree a loan move or keep him.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So if they said 1m upfront, you pay half his wages still.

7m when they win the league and 7m more when he wins player of the year, we should accept it.

You can't just go on the headline figure, we don't know the detail?

If it was 17m upfront he would be gone.

We should accept a bag of Walkers Ready Salted for him, he’s bobbins.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

Somehow probably one of our best on the pitch tonight

which says a lot

Quietly confident he will get better and better for us. One thing seems quite clear right now and that's Ndidi has got to find his form from somewhere, him and James Justin are probably operating at about 15-20% of their output thst they showed up until early 2021. Been crap ever since by and large.

• Like 4

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Quietly confident he will get better and better for us. One thing seems quite clear right now and that's Ndidi has got to find his form from somewhere, him and James Justin are probably operating at about 15-20% of their output thst they showed up until early 2021. Been crap ever since by and large.

Honestly dont think Wilf was too bad tonight

our fullbacks just fully sold out our defense multiple times

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

He was doggo tonight. He made one or two passes in the second half, but mostly he spent his time slowly walking around ensuring there was always a Utd player between him and the ball.

Give your head a wobble Jim, he was easily our best player tonight.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1