Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

38 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Like I said, I haven't looked it up so if you're taking it from stats then well done genius

You’re the one that said there was no chance he had without looking it up, doesn’t take much effort really… 

Other injuries?

“It’s about assessing and managing the players who have been coming back. It’s been a heavy schedule so we have to be mindful. You can see the cohesion of the team, even with the changes. Soumare is still out, he’s outside the team with personal issues.”

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Other injuries?

“It’s about assessing and managing the players who have been coming back. It’s been a heavy schedule so we have to be mindful. You can see the cohesion of the team, even with the changes. Soumare is still out, he’s outside the team with personal issues.”

Hmmmmm.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

Could be anything. Coupled with being young and in a new country, whatever it is may be magnified by this.

Does get you thinking though lol

It does, not helped by a manager who hasn't exactly been positive about him.

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Other injuries?

...didn't Benkovic have "personal issues! as well!!!

Something is going on, which is just not right, they do not have to come out with what is going on in respect of the player is entitled to his privacy but this only leads to speculation. If the talk was he has not settled then you can understand it, but dressing it up only leads to wild speculation.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

Something is going on, which is just not right, they do not have to come out with what is going on in respect of the player is entitled to his privacy but this only leads to speculation. If the talk was he has not settled then you can understand it, but dressing it up only leads to wild speculation.

I think a challenge with covid and the restrictions means it's even harder for foreign players to settle. His mate being injured as well probably hasn't helped.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Footballers are people too, so you need to give them the benefit of the doubt. Personal issues can mean anything (Ronaldo was off with personal issues the other day). Hopefully it's nothing serious for him and he gets the support he needs. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hmmmmm.

.....when you use the word "he is outside the team", it opens up the possibility that there is an issue between players as opposed to a physical problem pertaining to the individual!!!

Rodgers tends to be measured in his speech, so the statement "outside the team" is a pointer to him  (Soumare) not being part of the group for reasons other than football. I believe Rodgers did say a week or so ago, that Soumare was off ill and it wasn't anything to do with Covid. We may see Soumare leaving in the summer after all, if it is issues with teammates and this group is so tight, it would be the best thing.

He still looks like a phenomenal player though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I think a challenge with covid and the restrictions means it's even harder for foreign players to settle. His mate being injured as well probably hasn't helped.

...you would think his (Fofana) injury would allow him time to sit down and speak to Soumare outside of training!!!

Nice to hear a friendly voice on the pitch but settling in away from the games and training ground, more time would have been available to Wes to help him to settle down.

Did Silva not have his brother with him while he was training away from the squad and waiting to play for us.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Blows my mind how often people need reminding that Jamie Vardy, probably our greatest ever player, really struggled to adjust and he was moving an hour down the road to play in the second division. 

Guy wanted to quit and go back semi-pro after a few months and had to be convinced by our coaching staff to stick it out. 

And we're talking about kids a few years younger than him coming halfway round the world to get thrown in the deep end in the league above and we're losing patience? 

Stupid. 

Think this irks me the most, but in this age of expecting instant gratification, I suppose I should not be surprised. 

Could just be old and have no ambition of course. ;)

Edited by Dahnsouff

He had personal issues at Christmas. I’m not sure what they were. I know since then he has had a period of illness but the main issue is his ability to adapt so far to the speed and physicality of the Premier League. He has the creativity and ball skills in spades but he sees himself as a deep lying playmaker (He has ability at 8 & 6) but his opportunities here have been more box to box which he’s not excelled at yet. I guess if he’s going to be an 8 for us in a two he’s got a hell of a lot of work to do. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Blows my mind how often people need reminding that Jamie Vardy, probably our greatest ever player, really struggled to adjust and he was moving an hour down the road to play in the second division. 

Guy wanted to quit and go back semi-pro after a few months and had to be convinced by our coaching staff to stick it out. 

And we're talking about kids a few years younger than him coming halfway round the world to get thrown in the deep end in the league above and we're losing patience? 

Stupid. 

good post but… halfway around the world?  😂😂😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

good post but… halfway around the world?  😂😂😂

Obviously hyperbole but I'm talking about more than just Soumaré, we sign players from potentially all over the globe these days as a modern club and people have no patience or tolerance for how big a culture shift that can be.