Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Mendy is rubbish lol 

If we go down the sole reason won't be because Soumare is playing holding midfield.

Definitely not the sole reason no- not in the slightest- however it will definitely contribute- again just my opinion- the fact our complete jockey of a manager is putting him in the 11 speaks for itself

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

He's played okay last two games, certainly no worse than any other player. Only issues is he's obviously not match fit (yet).

Last night Dewsbury Hall was useless but nobody mentions it.

Dead right about KDH last night. One of his worst games I’ve seen him play for City 

18 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Completely entitled to your opinion and that's what makes football great but he did make some really good standing and sliding tackles, as well as win a fair few Ariel duals. So I think its unfair to say he didn't make a tackle all game. 

He wasn't amazing and appreciate your comments in reference to his lethargic style of play but was probably one of the best in a bad bunch in my own opinion. He clearly has ability and I genuinely felt last night was one of the first games I thought he showed that he wants to be here which for me is a positive in itself. Maybe if I watched the game back on Tv as opposed to live from my seat I may change my thoughts slightly.  

It’s his lack of awareness that gets me , in what is such a key position on the pitch.. The first half hour, he marked space, and let players go past him on the edge of our own box..

Thankfully Man Utd didnt exploit that, there will be far better teams that do though..

• Like 2

Just now, Rigga said:

It’s his lack of awareness that gets me , in what is such a key position on the pitch.. The first half hour, he marked space, and let players go past him on the edge of our own box..

Thankfully Man Utd didnt exploit that, there will be far better teams that do though..

Yeah that is a valid point and so integral to the role he looks to be chosen to play at the minute. Hopefully more game will see this improve 🤞

18 minutes ago, Rigga said:

I think you are overlooking how intelligent Ericsson and Fernandes are as footballers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

I think you are overlooking how intelligent Ericsson and Fernandes are as footballers. 

Dead right. This is why they play for the big clubs. They are so much better in the head and at picking up space.

30 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He's played okay last two games, certainly no worse than any other player. Only issues is he's obviously not match fit (yet).

Last night Dewsbury Hall was useless but nobody mentions it.

I don't think KDH has been anywhere near the player he was last season so far, but as you point out he seems to get a free pass. That said, most of them are way off their levels at the moment, so as one of our own its easy to leave him off of the list of underperformers.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

These guys went making late lung bursting runs into the box that are hard to track… They were at times simply just walking into an available space with Soumare nowhere to be seen 

• Like 1

I wondered what I’d walk into when opening this thread…. 

I think we are all really keen for him to be a success

i thought he’d improved a fair amount and did ok…

Evans and Luke T were stand out for me though and Soumare was better than just being a passenger 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rigga said:

These guys went making late lung bursting runs into the box that are hard to track… They were at times simply just walking into an available space with Soumare nowhere to be seen 

You have missed the point. They are both world class at making and creating space. 

4 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

You have missed the point. They are both world class at making and creating space. 

Didn’t miss the point at all…

you dont have to be world class at tracking a ‘run’ (a walk tbh) it’s just basic game awareness.. it’s called switching off, his movement was an after thought..

true he improved 2nd half, not so much his awareness but he put his foot in at times and carried the ball also..

59 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Dead right about KDH last night. One of his worst games I’ve seen him play for City 

KDH was everywhere and nowhere last night. The one time he had a chance to do something he didn't pull away from Vardy ton the right to receive the ball and the move broke down.  He is grafter, But that's about all he brings to the game.

I think he's being used wrong by BR. I'd play him behind Maddison on the left stopping opposition players stepping up to support there forward colleagues. Like the way Reece James destroyed us for Chelsea.

58 minutes ago, teblin said:

Amazing how people see the game differently for me after Evans he was the best player and think there is a player in there(always thought there was)

Yeah thought he was decent and looks like he's starting to get a bit of confidence,  so obviously doesn't read this forum.

We've got a lot bigger issues than this chap.

2 hours ago, Rigga said:

Didn’t miss the point at all…

you dont have to be world class at tracking a ‘run’ (a walk tbh) it’s just basic game awareness.. it’s called switching off, his movement was an after thought..

true he improved 2nd half, not so much his awareness but he put his foot in at times and carried the ball also..

So which runner does he pick when the two have made their movement? He can't mark two players, as I said you missed the point. 

Edited by BigMicky

It's probably been overplayed about his lack of willingness to track back but yesterday was a joke. Moves around a lot when he wants to go looking for the ball but he was just dawdling on his way back, every time yesterday. Cannot be the sole holding midfield, it's so painfully obvious

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

I wondered what I’d walk into when opening this thread…. 

I think we are all really keen for him to be a success

i thought he’d improved a fair amount and did ok…

Evans and Luke T were stand out for me though and Soumare was better than just being a passenger 

Luke T Really? Effort couldn’t be questioned but he was totally out of position for the goal and got roasted a couple of times by Elanga.