Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

15 hours ago, Phenom said:

Considering he was going against a midfield with Casimiro, Eriksen and Fernandes, I thought he was good. Really good considering how poor KDH and Youri were.

Very much agree but I actually thought Youri played well. Played through the lines on nearly every occasion he could and worked hard. Played for the badge in my opinion 

15 minutes ago, Levi Port said:

Very much agree but I actually thought Youri played well. Played through the lines on nearly every occasion he could and worked hard. Played for the badge in my opinion 

YT looked good until they scored they he turned to shite.

13 hours ago, Rigga said:

Exactly that…wasn’t the only time either..

that was him last season, and it’s still him this season unfortunately..

but, some dont see it..

but he put a tackle in or two 2nd half so it’s ok

not even ‘world  class ‘ movement either from the oppo

.. it has it seems always been a part of his game, the lack if awareness and positions he choose to take up!!!

It was featured last season documenting his game where someone had analysed his game, in respect of strengths and weaknesses.

There is no debate that in these circumstances he is deficient and has failed to correct his obvious flaws.

His real strengths are getting us upfield by transitioning the play and his on the ball skills in tight situations centrally. We just have to weigh up if his flaws outweighs the positives that he brings and if we can mitigate his failings.

This is not a conversation that requires an endless back and forth, he has his flaws and at the same time, brings a well needed aspect to the table.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I thought he played well too. I like to see him get a run in the team, which means Ndidi has to sit down.

I also like Nachos to start so for me the next team set up should be:

Ward (though I prefer Iversen)

Castagne Evans Faes Justin (or Justin and Thomas as full backs)

Soumare Tielemans

Maddison Nacho Barnes 

Vardy

.. I  would look to drop Tielemans and have Ndidi infront of the back 4 as the base of a diamond initially, with KDH on the left and Soumare on the right and Maddison in the #10 role.

I think having Vardy  and Barnes upfront would  be the option as Nacho is drawn to the #10 position in his play.

If the game requires a change to stop them exploiting the channels then we could move Barnes wide and Put Maddison in the half space, both close enough to support Vardy.

That will be a high tempo team and we will need to utilise our subs, as we will be able to replace like for like except for Barnes, should he have to go wide.

I think he has decided his future lies here and he played like he cared. He was our best player and completely different to the player of last season.

A similar process happened when Vardy first arrived-not that I’m suggesting he’s as good as that but you take my point.

Edited by Mr Weller 2
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. it has it seems always been a part of his game, the lack if awareness and positions he choose to take up!!!

It was featured last season documenting his game where someone had analysed his game, in respect of strengths and weaknesses.

There is no debate that in these circumstances he is deficient and has failed to correct his obvious flaws.

His real strengths are getting us upfield by transitioning the play and his on the ball skills in tight situations centrally. We just have to weigh up if his flaws outweighs the positives that he brings and if we can mitigate his failings.

This is not a conversation that requires an endless back and forth, he has his flaws and at the same time, brings a well needed aspect to the table.

Taking everything on board there..

we haven’t been allowed to see his carries upfield though because he’s having to sit in midfield..

atm we are asking him to play a role that doesn’t suit and one that his lack of awareness means it’s a big weakness..

I wish BR would play our players in their given positions… Maddison wide right, just blunts us even more… but that is another topic

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

I think he has decided his future lies here and he played like he cared. He was our best player and completely different to the player of last season.

A similar process happened when Vardy first arrived-not that I’m suggesting he’s as good as that but you take my point.

Certainly wasn’t our best player… Evans stood out by far..

I think it’s because as fans we want him to do well that our judgment is clouded 

3 key chances that Man Utd had, he was missing…. Edge of the box for Eriksen chance early on..  

Then didn’t track Bruno wide right for the goal…

and although this is indirectly, the Ronaldo scissor kick , watch Soumare be miles away from the action and only when he thinks Ronaldo is going to possibly play it back to the edge of the box does Soumare react..

Thought he was a passenger in the 1st half and just kind of stood there letting the play go past him. But 2nd half he was absolutely brilliant, something changed where he was actually going in for tackles, worked hard and didn't give the ball away.

11 hours ago, Rigga said:

Certainly wasn’t our best player… Evans stood out by far..

I think it’s because as fans we want him to do well that our judgment is clouded 

3 key chances that Man Utd had, he was missing…. Edge of the box for Eriksen chance early on..  

Then didn’t track Bruno wide right for the goal…

and although this is indirectly, the Ronaldo scissor kick , watch Soumare be miles away from the action and only when he thinks Ronaldo is going to possibly play it back to the edge of the box does Soumare react..

Was Evans really our best player? Said it before, towards the end he literally had no clue what to do with the ball and Soumare literally took it off his feet and drove us forwards rather than watch Evans dordle with it.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

With Tielemans eyeing the World Cup and a move in the summer, as well as our tightening of the purse strings, we could really do with Soumare becoming the player we all hoped he would be. I have my doubts, but stranger things have happened,  and he's had an OK start to the season so far. 

13 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Was Evans really our best player? Said it before, towards the end he literally had no clue what to do with the ball and Soumare literally took it off his feet and drove us forwards rather than watch Evans dordle with it.

If you have watched Evans for the time he has been with us, that’s what he does..

he’s not a ball playing CB, never has been..

his reading of the game, positioning and out and out defending in Thursday night meant in my eyes, he was out MOM

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rigga said:

If you have watched Evans for the time he has been with us, that’s what he does..

he’s not a ball playing CB, never has been..

his reading of the game, positioning and out and out defending in Thursday night meant in my eyes, he was out MOM

The way Soumare took the ball from him didn't strike me as a tactic to be honest, else Evans would have just laid it off for him. He literally took it off his toes 😂

26 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

The way Soumare took the ball from him didn't strike me as a tactic to be honest, else Evans would have just laid it off for him. He literally took it off his toes 😂

Does that mean Evans played poorly then ? 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

The instructions are probably ‘do not go long’, keep possession, short passes, wait for an opening. When the most obvious pass is NDidi/Amartey or whoever else can’t do a thing with the ball, no wonder he’s dordling (that definitely isn’t a word :ph34r:).  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

The instructions are probably ‘do not go long’, keep possession, short passes, wait for an opening. When the most obvious pass is NDidi/Amartey or whoever else can’t do a thing with the ball, no wonder he’s dordling (that definitely isn’t a word :ph34r:).  

Yeah I'm aware it's dawdle 😂. Someone should have told Danny Ward not to go long then.

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Personally think he will come good. There is a great player in there, we see glimpses. Needs more game time. 

How many games does a player need to play before they know at run at a player going by them with the ball. Watch him closely today if he starts. He puts the defence under extra pressure by not doing the basics. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah I'm aware it's dawdle 😂. Someone should have told Danny Ward not to go long then.

I wasn’t picking you up on that mate. I’m hungover and couldn’t for the life of me think how to spell it 😂

Lets not get started on Ward in this thread! lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

How many games does a player need to play before they know at run at a player going by them with the ball. Watch him closely today if he starts. He puts the defence under extra pressure by not doing the basics. 

Yeah that’s fair enough. I just have this feeling that he is a good player and we’d regret losing him. I do get your concerns though and he does need to improve the basics sharpish. 

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Yeah that’s fair enough. I just have this feeling that he is a good player and we’d regret losing him. I do get your concerns though and he does need to improve the basics sharpish. 

A good player at his age does the basics though mate.

I want to be proven wrong so badly but Soumare even against United (when people say one of his better games) let players run past him regularly.

Just now, SafewayFox said:

A good player at his age does the basics though mate.

I want to be proven wrong so badly but Soumare even against United (when people say one of his better games) let players run past him regularly.

We have different views then. That’s cool. One of us will ultimately be right. Currently the weight of evidence supports you. I just see something in him. Time will tell.