Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

42 minutes ago, Guest said:

It's mental isn't it. Why would you task someone with such obvious defensive weaknesses with screening the back line? We've got two defensive midfielders in the squad, one hasn't played a minute in the league and the other one is being deployed at centre back ahead of three players who are actually centre backs. I suppose it makes more sense when you remember that the man making the decisions seems to be actively trying to get sacked but still.

As per though, the signs at Lille were that he wasn’t a DM but that has stopped the insistence he can play there 

• Like 1

Not really seeing what others are who compliment him. Granted, he is not a DCM, but his lack of effort at times is quite alarming. 

We already have to carry Tielemans in midfield when he doesn't track back. Can't afford another one. 

Whether he is a vast improvement in an advanced role, I am not so sure, but we are stuck with him this season and so I just hope a new manager can get his work rate greatly improved. He's a big unit and can bully players off the ball, but he has to be willing to battle for 90 minutes. 

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

He here until at least January so when the new manager come in he will have 2 or 3 months to prove himself.

If he is still in our team in Jan, we will still be rooted to the foot of the table..

I notice those that were saying how amazing he supposedly was v Man Utd are nowhere to be seen now..

He's certainly trying and putting more effort in, especially when tackling. The bottom line though is, he's not good enough. There's huge gaping holes in our midfield and at times Youri was playing deeper then him. He just doesn't seem to have the tactical awareness and the game just passes him by. Honestly I'd play Mendy, even though he's half his size.

• Like 1

I don't get it, I actually was pleased with some of his qualities today. Kept receiving hospital pass after hospital pass, but held onto the ball, used his strength well, and on occasion managed to break forward, considering he was our deepest midfielder.

There's a good player in there, but playing in a team (and particularly defence) with zero confidence. He's also not a DM. He is far better at carrying the ball forward.

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Will not judge him until I see him play under someone else. 

100% This. Infact even players like Perez will get a fresh chance for me, It does not matter how awful they've been in the last 18 months. Pretty much every player in our match day squad, even Vestergaard can play at a mid table level in this division when getting a tune out of them. A new manager and fresh ideas and we could get some surprises. 

• Like 1

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

100% This. Infact even players like Perez will get a fresh chance for me, It does not matter how awful they've been in the last 18 months. Pretty much every player in our match day squad, even Vestergaard can play at a mid table level in this division when getting a tune out of them. A new manager and fresh ideas and we could get some surprises. 

This is what excites me about a change in manager. 

Never like to see a manager be sacked, as means that things have gotten really bad for us, but the thought of a complete reset and all these players getting a second chance under a different style of play, is exciting! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, STUHILL said:

The amount of times I have seen him casually jogging back when the opposition is on the attack, is shocking. That has nothing to do with his ability, that is a pure lack of desire to win. He should be sprinting back and throwing himself at the ball Big Wes style.  Doubting whether even a new manager will get anymore effort out of him. Just seems to be his style. Playing him as DCM is all on Rogers though. Dumb. 

This.

He’s one of those that is technically good and has the ability to manipulate a ball pretty neatly at times. But then you watch him closely and his lack of running and effort puts the team under so much pressure.

You only need one man not to be doing a shift for others to have to move out of position to cover the gaps it creates. And for us, that man is very often Soumare.

It’s a bit of a disgrace really as all of his problems could be solved in his head.

• 4 weeks later...

No other player has enraged me more than Soumare: his lack of effort has been appalling at times.

However, fair is fair: he was very good tonight. Made a few tackles, took the ball under pressure and most importantly tracked back. 

• Like 1

The lad is an enigma. Looks miserable. When tracking back was always just jogging. But on a couple of occasions showed pace and strength to match. 

When he made the forward run and got a freekick you saw the lads cheering him on and he even cracked a smile. 

He's clearly better on the ball than Ndidi....need a good coach to get the best out of him.