Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Obviously hyperbole but I'm talking about more than just Soumaré, we sign players from potentially all over the globe these days as a modern club and people have no patience or tolerance for how big a culture shift that can be. 

In that case then people should be perhaps pointing a finger at the club recruiters rather than the player. We don't know the details of the Soumare situation and it might well be something unavoidable. Wish the lad well. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Obviously hyperbole but I'm talking about more than just Soumaré, we sign players from potentially all over the globe these days as a modern club and people have no patience or tolerance for how big a culture shift that can be. 

i agree but it can also be overused when players simply are a bad fit. imho soumare is just a bad signing.  I need at least a glimpse of something for that hope. That’s why i still hold faith in daka 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You do get the feeling he'll be off back to France in the summer, no doubt a loan move which will be pretty pointless to our rebuild.

.....with an obligation to buy, would be the thing, or better still, sell him in the summer!!!

This could well be a Slimani type situation, we need to deal with it right now.

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

i agree but it can also be overused when players simply are a bad fit. imho soumare is just a bad signing.  I need at least a glimpse of something for that hope. That’s why i still hold faith in daka 

I understand your sentiment but there were a few games early on when he really started to look promising and was driving through the midfield. I have definitely seen at least glimpses to the same extent as Daka. This sounds like a personal matter which I hope he can resolve. If he can I would like to see us give both  Daka and soumare another season to come good but the club will have a closer idea about that than us from afar. 

4 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

I understand your sentiment but there were a few games early on when he really started to look promising and was driving through the midfield. I have definitely seen at least glimpses to the same extent as Daka. This sounds like a personal matter which I hope he can resolve. If he can I would like to see us give both  Daka and soumare another season to come good but the club will have a closer idea about that than us from afar. 

for the record i don’t think he’s a bad players. But everything about his game suits leagues on the continent and not the prem. 

He likes to play with time, you can see how he tries to be casual, something that probably works well for him in france but here he is rushed and you can tell he isn’t comfortable at all when pressed. 

I really don’t think he can just flip his game on it’s head and suddenly be a new player. i hope i’m way off but my inclination is that the game is just played in a different way. 

if ndombele couldn’t adapt, then what chance does he have? I think people forget what an unreal talent he was before he got spursed 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, AjcW said:

If we say that it damages his chances of a move to anywhere other than France in the future

If we say anything more detailed than 'personal issues' you open up a whole heap of issues, including resale value if it's something he's struggling with.

Why as fans do we struggle so hard to accept players are human beings?

Madders was absolute dog shit first 6 months after his new baby arrived... just like you or me would be. Now he's shit hot again.

They have lives, things happen, it affects them. I'm just happy to club are letting him work it out in his own time.

There's a player in there somewhere, plenty of players take at least two years to hit the heights over here. As much as Ligue 1 isn't the toughest, you don't become champion by accident! 

...we dragged Benkovic from pillar to post, it took far too long to address the problem!!!

It did not help the player nor at the time resolve what was going on in his life that stopped him from performing. Eventually his contract was cancelled but we should have helped him deal with the problem instead of farming him out to different clubs without attempting to address the problem. Apparently Soumare is in France at the moment, so I suspect the club has seen fit to address the issue and allow him this time off.

I understand players are human, I have posted enough times that we should be looking at Benkovic as someone who is struggling mentally and we should be looking specifically at helping him as opposed to offloading him to someone else. Personally I feel the club had let him down and if someone is struggling, then their welfare comes before the club and any shortfall in what they produce on the pitch.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

for the record i don’t think he’s a bad players. But everything about his game suits leagues on the continent and not the prem. 

He likes to play with time, you can see how he tries to be casual, something that probably works well for him in france but here he is rushed and you can tell he isn’t comfortable at all when pressed. 

I really don’t think he can just flip his game on it’s head and suddenly be a new player. i hope i’m way off but my inclination is that the game is just played in a different way. 

if ndombele couldn’t adapt, then what chance does he have? I think people forget what an unreal talent he was before he got spursed 

Totally agree and get that but can you remember  which game it was when he absolutely was bossing the middle of the park. I for one would be careful recruiting from outside the English leagues for this reason as the hit rate is lower due to this very problem. On the other hand the potential rewards are greater. For every silva there is a henry or a fofana. The jury on these two is still out for me. 

Edited by Supergray22

13 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Totally agree and get that but can you remember  which game it was when he absolutely was bossing the middle of the park. I for one would be careful recruiting from outside the English leagues for this reason as the hit rate is lower due to this very problem. On the other hand the potential rewards are greater. For every silva there is a henry or a fofana. The jury on these two is still out for me. 

Wasn’t that a European game where you could argue the quality/opposition more suited his less hurried style?

I hate being harsh on a player but Soumare for me isn’t right for us as a club right now nor a player in a very fast paced PL.

Someone made a comment on his personality being different to Little Wes’ which is so true, I wonder if Soumare would have passed Pearson’s “personality test” he allegedly including in his scouting reports?

• Like 1

Wow just goes to show players are human too. We don't know what matters they might be dealing with on and off the pitch. Not every person has a mind of steel and can separate their professional lives to there personal ones. An active example is Ronaldo himself at Manu who has briefly stepped out of the lime light and we can all understand what a terrible mental trauma he must be enduring with his family. Any ordinary person would need weeks and months off to recover but he's supposed to be playing this weekend! Anyway, hope Soumare gets himself back on a healthy path we need the player we know he can be the same for Daka, Nacho and anyone else who maybe struggling

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Wasn’t that a European game where you could argue the quality/opposition more suited his less hurried style?

I hate being harsh on a player but Soumare for me isn’t right for us as a club right now nor a player in a very fast paced PL.

Someone made a comment on his personality being different to Little Wes’ which is so true, I wonder if Soumare would have passed Pearson’s “personality test” he allegedly including in his scouting reports?

There was two or three games when he I thought he was about to breakthrough in a manner similar to kdh. But you are right the one I was referring to specifically was a European game. 
I do think Personality and team fit is crucial. I’m surprised they don’t do physcometric tests as part of the selection process alongside medical or preferably before this stage as they are widely used in business and give remarkably good insights that are almost impossible to fudge. 

14 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

There was two or three games when he I thought he was about to breakthrough in a manner similar to kdh. But you are right the one I was referring to specifically was a European game. 
I do think Personality and team fit is crucial. I’m surprised they don’t do physcometric tests as part of the selection process alongside medical or preferably before this stage as they are widely used in business and give remarkably good insights that are almost impossible to fudge. 

....I am not sure if Psychometric testing would evaluate if a player can get up to the speed of the Premier League!!!

It would however evaluate if a player would fit in an environment and the chances of them excelling with a certain group. The ability to read people by gut reaction has served us well to some degree but it is a hit and miss format.

Pearson's team watched a player for some time and got to know their personality before they came into the club. I would love to see the dossier on Vardy, it would make interesting reading.

• Like 1

Just now, AKCJ said:

Bit more to foreign life than being able to speak to 3/4 people at work, surely?

Yeah that’ll be what it is, don’t think it’ll be lack of anything else. 

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I am not sure if Psychometric testing would evaluate if a player can get up to the speed of the Premier League!!!

It would however evaluate if a player would fit in an environment and the chances of them excelling with a certain group. The ability to read people by gut reaction has served us well to some degree but it is a hit and miss format.

Pearson's team watched a player for some time and got to know their personality before they came into the club. I would love to see the dossier on Vardy, it would make interesting reading.

Checks notes:

Early to mid 20's

Fan of Happy Hardcore

Dodgy haircut

Likes the occasional Skittle Vodka at the weekend.

:D

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Nick said:

😂 This place! Personal issues could mean absolutely anything… Some of the supposition in the last few pages is crazy talk!

Mate I heard he's banging Rodgers daughter so Rodgers got the step ladder out to nut him. 

45 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Best for all parties concerned if we move him on in the summer, maybe a loan back to France.

He's found it tough adjusting to life in the UK with the language barrier etc. and with not playing much he's probably homesick living without friends or family

Have you spoken to him?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

But lets be fair here...Being associated with anything Foxestalk, if goes without saying...You cant Pick a player & have also Drove your fingernails into all our players especially the Great ones...

As much es many Love to have a Hoik at Rodgers, FT posters have still a few Mountains of humble Pie to choke on,before they/we can be considered near to

being a Good manager,coach, scout...Our references are nothing to write home about...and most are at home...

Now me...I Dont write home,also prefer to sit in the fence,until its had a few more licks of paint.

And Dont go around pressing my own cause at being a super Sports pundit,because my lifes history as shown in every walk of life, 

Everybody or most wake up the Next day,which gives way, to  Fresh chances, 365 Days of chances time xx years to gather experiences about yourself & others. How  to Take the Next step,to the right path to the enticing opening door, that either  Shits on you ,

or Applauds & encourages Part of that journey at a supersonic pace or Shanksy's pony...

Judging others in their chosen career paths or Way of life...I have never gained godly status,

so I refrain from even when it covers what I am qualified to do..

The twat Teenager who Sticks a screwdriver in a 220Volt Plug because he is day dreaming,

might still  turn out to be the best IT/Electrical Engineer ever born..

I know One Thing definitely...2 even 3 years might be a tad short, to reach brilliance, but still worth having another Crack, before dropping People I know fk all about & cant judge at even the average value, just because the git infuriates me....:frantics:..:rolleyes:

Gospel according to fuchsntf..

Edited by fuchsntf

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

That is exactly what I was implying. I wasn’t suggesting it was to evaluate their tacking skills 😀