Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Tielemans made him tonight, honestly that was one of the best Tielemans performances I've seen in a Leicester shirt and not for creativity but for tactically marshaling the entire defence and midfield. It was a masterclass.

But he doesn’t want to be here …

I had my worst stream since waiting 5 minutes for a frozen Kelechi to put in ball in (or not) against Brighton in the FA Cup. I saw that run though, sort off, looked like he waltzed by 3 players before giving the ball away?

Not an ideal habit but If it is an indication of how he plays when confident....... let him loose as a CAM on Madders days off?

40 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He is a dreadful player. He might show slight of foot occasionally, but his defensive attributes are dreadful. He just allows people to run past him he has no awareness of the space in behind him, and plays far too safe. 

Mendy is a far better option. 

I am prepared to see how he developes.

No use in going heavy every week and looking for mistakes give/ show him patience.

personally at the moment..since last year I reckon Mendy is our best DM.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I am prepared to see how he developes.

No use in going heavy every week and looking for mistakes give/ show him patience.

personally at the moment..since last year I reckon Mendy is our best DM.

He’s played 112 games for Lille and 38 for us.  I’m guessing he won’t develop basics like running after player who has just gone passed you. 

I’m not sure what Brendan and his team saw in him.  He didn’t score and assist for Lille and has zero defensive awareness. 

I would have Mendy every week over Soumare. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

He’s played 112 games for Lille and 38 for us.  I’m guessing he won’t develop basics like running after player who has just gone passed you. 

I’m not sure what Brendan and his team saw in him.  He didn’t score and assist for Lille and has zero defensive awareness. 

His 38 games for us,were not planned more thrown in because of our predicament,plus we weren’t nursing him off-field…

He has this season…

& oh yes,like you I prefer Mendy…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richmondfox said:

...we keep coming back to this!!!

Yes, you would like him to sense danger and fill in or cut out the passing lanes, but he doesn't, he is not going to develop in that way and you are looking for a certain type of player who plays a certain way.

For his own sake, Soumare going to another club would be better for him, as we still do not realise that he is a niche player. He has played 112 games for Lille and won the division with him in the middle doing what he does, and it seems what he does is good enough to become champion of a top-tier league. The way his game was described was that he assist the person who plays the assist. No goals were scored by him, if you are contributing to the play by making chances throughout the game, it does not matter, I would rather be the player constantly supplying than the one who judges his contributions by the goals he has scored.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

This is it. He offers absolutely nothing either way. He is poor defensively and poor in an attacking sense. Why Brendan persists with him I don’t know. Against better opponents he will be slaughtered. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Didn’t see much of the game but glad to hear he’s playing well. Funny what happens when a player is given a run of games. 

for me ndidi isn’t the future for us in that role since his injuries he hasn’t been himself. 

Yes I feel he is settling in well now.

He was not outstanding but he looked solid and more confident out there.

Looked very comfortable on the ball and also seemed more physical.

Hopefully more to come.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

he’s improved drastically but i can’t help but think we are asking him to play like mendy and not like soumare. 

His license to charge forward seems to have been removed 

i just get the sense there’s a skill set we aren’t tapping into 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he needs to be given a go with a proper dm to see what he can really do but he's being asked to do a job and he's doing it well

i don’t disagree at all. But the only time we see him he has to play with the handbrake on. 

He does make us so much more calm when playing the ball around and he possibly gives youri the ball support that he so clearly lacks with wilf