Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

Just now, Kirkbyfox22 said:

Big shout tonight.  Solid !

No coincidence he’s had a run of games and he’s improving.  Great positions in front of defence, all round good game 

Exactly. A run of games and he looks a good player. He looks so composed and very rarely loses it. (One exception tonight). 

he adds real physicality in there and also means we keep the ball better when progressing up the pitch. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Exactly. A run of games and he looks a good player. He looks so composed and very rarely loses it. (One exception tonight). 

he adds real physicality in there and also means we keep the ball better when progressing up the pitch. 

He has definitely improved but even Carragher picked up on him losing the ball more than once.

In fact, Carragher’s exact words were that Bouba is playing like it’s a testimonial match at times.

For me, he is always going to struggle with a high press and would feel much more comfortable him not being the DM.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gerblod said:

One thing we require of our players is to play safely. Three times he got dispossessed of the ball. One time he just loped on back as if it wasn't a problem. His header back to Ward was potentially calamitous. He passes back as much as Amartey does. It's not what's required of a decent Premier level player.

He's improved, but, unless he steps up a level, he's not going to be much better than Choudhury.

I think there's a lot of wishful thinking on here regarding him. I understand that - you want to feel that the club has found a star-in--the-making, yet it's not evident he's anything more than a dilettante player.

Whilst I think this is a bit harsh, I am somewhat of the same opinion. I think Soumare has improved a hell of a lot after his recent spell in the team, but he looks like the weakness in the team that the opposition should target. Getting caught on the ball can happen to anyone, but he always seems to take too long on the ball in dangerous positions and worst is his attitude to losing it which drives us all up the wall.

In terms of technique and ability he is better than Mendy, Ndidi and Hamza. But all of those 3 I feel are either better defensively or have a better mental attitude.

Soumare *could* get there and be a really good player. But I agree that he needs to step up another level. Otherwise I'd have Ndidi back in the team ASAP.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Whilst I think this is a bit harsh, I am somewhat of the same opinion. I think Soumare has improved a hell of a lot after his recent spell in the team, but he looks like the weakness in the team that the opposition should target. Getting caught on the ball can happen to anyone, but he always seems to take too long on the ball in dangerous positions and worst is his attitude to losing it which drives us all up the wall.

In terms of technique and ability he is better than Mendy, Ndidi and Hamza. But all of those 3 I feel are either better defensively or have a better mental attitude.

Soumare *could* get there and be a really good player. But I agree that he needs to step up another level. Otherwise I'd have Ndidi back in the team ASAP.

There is no way I would swap Soumare for Ndidi. Ndidi can’t pass a ball 5 yards. He’s so bad on the ball. We lose possession from him all the while. Soumare keeps the ball ticking over. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are people mad? Hes the weak link clearly and we looked much better when Ndidi came on today.

People going hard on Wilf because hes played CB, had a bad injury and surgery and Got caught once at our worst moments vs a high pressing Spurs team.

He is by a mile our best DM and even though he cant pass very well,Soumare looks like he could lose the ball at any moment and each game around early 2nd half looks like hes nakard and we carry him.

Vs Wolves i was screaming him to come off then Brendan brought Praet on and we battered them, today same, him and KDH comes off and we get stronger.

Hes still part of our best team IMO not Soumare.

Ward

Castange Amartey Faes Justin

YT  WIlf

Praet Madders Barnes

Vardy

Thats our best team IMO but im also ok with KDH in the middle and Madders off the right although not a long term thing i like but when its working it should stay.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

That about sums it up for me. I've developed a disliking of all the circumstances surrounding summer '21's intake. He wasn't the worst of a bad bunch, but he wasn't the best, eiher - overweight, lackadaisical and seemingly picked despite his shortcomings and unreadiness for the contest. So, I've become immune to his apparent 'charms'. 

It's weird, buy I kept wondering, "someone's missing here". When Wilf came on I realised who I'd forgotten. The thing is, Wilf operates several yards/metres deeper than Soumare, Mendy and Choudhury. So maybe I was actually having a flashback to N'Golo Kanté - Mr. Irreplaceable. 

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Ndidi looked largely awful when he came on. I  think someone said his wife had just given birth(?) which may be a factor, but his form has been terrible for the past goodness knows how long.

Soumare has a lot to do yet with the pace of the game and cutting out sloppy errors. Can he? Hopefully, but not sure. But he seems a more compact, solid unit than Wilf does at the moment. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, frany104 said:

He lost the ball THREE times by my count, and made a very risky header back to Ward. I didn't see the Amartey incident specifically. He noticeably failed to respond to being dispossessed once - jogging back as if it wasn't a problem that he'd lost it through sheer sloppiness. He's been the same since he got here. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Ndidi looked largely awful when he came on. I  think someone said his wife had just given birth(?) which may be a factor, but his form has been terrible for the past goodness knows how long.

Soumare has a lot to do yet with the pace of the game and cutting out sloppy errors. Can he? Hopefully, but not sure. But he seems a more compact, solid unit than Wilf does at the moment. 

I heard it was Praet who was absent due to his wife giving birth.

I actually felt some relief when Soumare was replaced. At least Wilf pursues the tackle. In reality they're not interchangeable. Kanté did the jobs for City that it take two players to do these days. If Soumare bucked his ideas up, he'd add 30% to his effectiveness, but he acts like it's a Sunday pub game.

10 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Something that makes me want him to succeed here. But he can't keep getting caught in possession and get away with it. 

Also when he gives it away he doesn't race back - just jogs. And one of his errors should have led to an Everton goal.

I think he's ordinary at best. But at least he's not terrible anymore, so...progress?

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

I heard it was Praet who was absent due to his wife giving birth.

I actually felt some relief when Soumare was replaced. At least Wilf pursues the tackle. In reality they're not interchangeable. Kanté did the jobs for City that it take two players to do these days. If Soumare bucked his ideas up, he'd add 30% to his effectiveness, but he acts like it's a Sunday pub game.

What utter nonsense. Some people just can’t give him any credit. He’s been solid for weeks now and his confidence has grown. Ndid looks a bomb scare when he comes on. 

funny how when Soumare loses the ball people criticise but when KDH loses it about 10 times it’s not spoken about. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, frany104 said:

What utter nonsense. Some people just can’t give him any credit. He’s been solid for weeks now and his confidence has grown. Ndid looks a bomb scare when he comes on. 

funny how when Soumare loses the ball people criticise but when KDH loses it about 10 times it’s not spoken about. 

KDH has been getting a fair bit of abuse for his under performance this season to be fair mate.

Soumare has definitely improved but that’s from a very low starting point for comparison.

I would like to see him play in KDH/Youri’a position with Ndidi or Mendy behind him as will never feel totally comfortable playing as the DM in the PL.

11 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

He has definitely improved but even Carragher picked up on him losing the ball more than once.

In fact, Carragher’s exact words were that Bouba is playing like it’s a testimonial match at times.

For me, he is always going to struggle with a high press and would feel much more comfortable him not being the DM.

I thought that comment from Carra was bang on about Soumare

35 minutes ago, frany104 said:

KDH hasn't been in great form too, but he also gets back and rectifies his mistake. Soumare mopes and jobs back, very rarely does he race to win it back.

He's not the wost signing but he's deeply average and I'd target him too if I was an opponent.

By the looks of it he is being played in the deeper midfield role that youri has been in for the last 18 months. You have to remember that bouba isn't a DM. It's pretty clear to see that by his driving force when he picks the ball up and forces the whole team to run up with him.

Quite frankly he's been our most improved player this season, yes he has given the ball away but so has most others.

I'd be starting him ahead of wilf all day long at the moment as our good form has clearly coincided with him being in the team and the new system we are playing

• Like 2

Really pleased with what I've seen from him. He pushes the whole team up with his driving runs. Plus he's getting much better at just brushing off opposition players to get away from danger.

Yes Bouba loses the ball a bit, but I currently feel much more comfortable with him on the ball than I do with Wilf.

I love Wilf, but he turns into danger so so often lately, and then loses the ball deep in our half. He did it yesterday pretty much as soon as he came on!

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 1