Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It comes down to two things for me, 1) he's not as good as Ndidi or Mendy as a defensive midfielder as positionally he's atrocious and he isn't as good at tackling as them and 2) he's not as good as Tielemans, KDH, Praet or Maddison as a CM. 

He is everything I under appreciate as a central midfielder. Doesn't score, doesn't assist, doesn't break up play well enough. He's a water carrier.

C’mon, Ric— you can’t believe that Mendy is a better tackler than Soumare. 

Let’s guess who’s who based on these stats. 😜

2FA6EBD6-6A29-412E-8705-ED6249E436EE.jpeg

33BFAC4B-081D-4C21-A248-587B4BA10F89.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, taupe said:

Bouba's dance, where can I see it? Apparently, he did some kind of jig after Youri's goal. I didn't see it and the video has now been removed. I can't see any sign of it in the goal footage itself either. Has anyone a link or some such?

He's posted it on his Instagram feed. Very restrained, and chuckle worthy!

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 hours ago, The_77 said:

C’mon, Ric— you can’t believe that Mendy is a better tackler than Soumare. 

Let’s guess who’s who based on these stats. 😜

2FA6EBD6-6A29-412E-8705-ED6249E436EE.jpeg

33BFAC4B-081D-4C21-A248-587B4BA10F89.jpeg

If we're saying he's not good enough because he doesn't score or assist and then comparing him alongside Mendy and Ndidi then i can't follow at all.

His running is right up there in the team, and his tackling is on a level with Ndidi now. He also has a 50 yard run with the ball in his locker that neither of those do. He's been excellent this season - there's definitely a time and a place for him but I think we're definitely starting to see the player we thought we'd signed.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
On 06/11/2022 at 08:39, Ric Flair said:

It comes down to two things for me, 1) he's not as good as Ndidi or Mendy as a defensive midfielder as positionally he's atrocious and he isn't as good at tackling as them and 2) he's not as good as Tielemans, KDH, Praet or Maddison as a CM. 

He is everything I under appreciate as a central midfielder. Doesn't score, doesn't assist, doesn't break up play well enough. He's a water carrier.

1. He's way better at tackling than Mendy, and currently Wilf cannot make one. He also doesn't give away anywhere near the number of fouls Wilf and Mendy do.

2. Think we've landed on him not being a number 8.

3. His running stats are way up this year.

4. His physicality is excellent - Onana and Gueye are pretty much the most physical midfield you can deal with and he wasn't troubled bar one mishap in the first 5 minutes.

5. He also moves the ball way quicker than Ndidi and Mendy - him and Faes are part of the reason the football has been a lot better recently.

😍🤣🤣🤣🤣 so weird 🤣 like cheer the goal then dance sure, that's normal, but to just spontaneously start hip swinging, with the two step arms dance is just mad.

He's either really relaxed and pure enjoying himself or like super nervous and not acting appropriately 🤣love love love it!!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If we're saying he's not good enough because he doesn't score or assist and then comparing him alongside Mendy and Ndidi then i can't follow at all.

His running is right up there in the team, and his tackling is on a level with Ndidi now. He also has a 50 yard run with the ball in his locker that neither of those do. He's been excellent this season - there's definitely a time and a place for him but I think we're definitely starting to see the player we thought we'd signed.

Agreed. To be fair Mendy has done well when he has come on and ndidi did ok likewise. Great to have options in a pivotal position. 

On 06/11/2022 at 06:44, frany104 said:

What utter nonsense*.

Funny how when Soumare loses the ball people criticise but when KDH loses it about 10 times it’s not spoken about. 

*is what people state when they're so outraged someone would question their God given opinion that they're unable to argue their case.

When KDH loses the ball it's usually in a position where it doesn't leave the defence scrambling to save the situation. KDH invariably tries to correct his error - Soumare languidly turns around to watch his teammates trying to cover for him.

• Thanks 1

On 06/11/2022 at 08:24, fox_favourite said:

I can never make my mind up on him. Is it more that he’s not a CDM? He seems to me more comfortable going forward than being N’didi.

.. he is, and we should know this by now!!!

I think he needs his own Wout Faes beside him to mitigate his errors and give him the platform and encouragement to play.

• Like 1

There is no doubt in my mind we are a better side when we do not play Ndidi.  Ndidi is a real handicap as explained in numerous other posts and his lack of showing for the ball puts too much pressure on our defenders.  Either play Soumare or Mendy in the role, or even Praet or Tielemans.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gerblod said:

*is what people state when they're so outraged someone would question their God given opinion that they're unable to argue their case.

When KDH loses the ball it's usually in a position where it doesn't leave the defence scrambling to save the situation. KDH invariably tries to correct his error - Soumare languidly turns around to watch his teammates trying to cover for him.

Not always. started to lie on the floor waving his arma around

16 hours ago, gerblod said:

Exactly

I can't stand the languid shuffle when he gives the ball away.

Still think he is average and he has a long way to go before he changes my mind

• Thanks 1

I like Mendy, far too often underrated,plus no coincidence when we up on those giddy heights it was when Mendy was playing...Ndidi returned & after a couple of good games, we started to lose it....

And without reason Mendy was banished..

At present I prefer both Soumare & Mendy... Be it I will not dismiss or demean Ndidi,his time will come again..

It's no coincidence that Mendy led our best periods when we finished 5th & ditto for Soumare in this season's revival....

Amartey also has shown his metal in this latter period..

Too many fans mouthing off & missing the fine art, of how to pick & analyse their own player...

These last few seasons many fans failing their exams and doing OTT negative analyse without spotting or recognising the talent that lays before them...How many of you still dare make an observation or try to even offer an opinion...and you go through your decades not knowing which cupboard ,& which  pots & plates are needed for your Xmas gatherings,plus you always get the dud cracker ,

you just can't pick them..

:crylaugh:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

There is no doubt in my mind we are a better side when we do not play Ndidi.  Ndidi is a real handicap as explained in numerous other posts and his lack of showing for the ball puts too much pressure on our defenders.  Either play Soumare or Mendy in the role, or even Praet or Tielemans.

How the mighty are fallen! Or rather hacked down by those who want him gone because he's not reaching the heights he's capable of. Still the best ball-winner in the club. Maybe he's getting it in the neck because he's not Kanté.

Soumare gets caught in possession time after time and acts as if it's someone else's responsibility to clear up his mess. But he does a little celebratory shuffle and its 'aww Bouba - how sweet' from his fan club. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, gerblod said:

How the mighty are fallen! Or rather hacked down by those who want him gone because he's not reaching the heights he's capable of. Still the best ball-winner in the club. Maybe he's getting it in the neck because he's not Kanté.

Soumare gets caught in possession time after time and acts as if it's someone else's responsibility to clear up his mess. But he does a little celebratory shuffle and its 'aww Bouba - how sweet' from his fan club. 

Yep, according to the "experts" on here , Wilf was worth £80 million once and Caglar was about £50 million. They change their opinions quicker than we change  prime ministers.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

...Ndidi has always had this in his game, he was a monster before and now not fit to be in the team!!!

Now, are we saying it is down to the injuries that he has received that has slowed him down,  or have we changed the way we play that does not suit his skillset?

His injuries has not helped him but we all knew what he was about.

No doubt as a player who contributed to the team over a very productive period he will be disappointed with his inability to contribute to the current cause. We are not likely it seems, to have a DM that goes around "putting out fires", our style of play requires someone more proficient on the ball, we no longer seem to want his skillset, having transformed our way of playing. 

It is sad to hear how easily we seek to cast players aside, I hope he goes elsewhere and be appreciated for what he brings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gerblod said:

How fickle  some of the fans are..

Totally agree..what many fans often experienced but impatient followers forget,players for various drift into & out of the cosy squad fold...

They really miss the basic gamedays routine by riding some perfect holy grail.

I might at this moment prefer seeing Mendy or have Soumare given hard gametime.This doesn't mean Ndidi skill sets should be rejected or ignored.

Such grouping of players we need.

We as a club,can't regularly afford the spread of talentbut having these 3 and

Praet means across the engine room we have strong choices.

Ndidi is a special player,Mendy brings a stealth of stability, Soumare has other skill sets,that we need also to develope.and see how many positions he can cover & play at an high level...

This constant micro-judging every move & moments is becoming silly.

Showing some can only find fault instead of encouraging and giving

off- form periods and building to return

to or create top form time & patience...

Often needing to lap over 1-2 seasons..

We aren't one of the financially gifted clubs...So players like Ward,Amartey,Mendy,Soumare,Mendy,

Ndidi ,Albrighton plus others are Gold and this OTT harsh to and fro of criticism is senseless..

• Like 1