Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

9 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Outstanding pass for the first goal and bossed the midfield today.

Quilty performance 👏

Thought that he had a magnificent opening 20 mins but faded when West Ham upped the tempo. Decent performance over all. He's starting to win me over. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Thought that he had a magnificent opening 20 mins but faded when West Ham upped the tempo. Decent performance over all. He's starting to win me over. 

He definitely faded. But his effort before he was taken off was terrific and he provided an incisive pass for the first goal. THAT is what we should be seeing from him, every week. Play hard and it's fine if he needs to be replaced at the 55 minute mark while he adjusts to the pace of the league - we have five subs now. 

I actually really like Bouba and I'm surprised by some of the consensus on here - I feel like he brings a real balance to our midfield and has a bit of everything, while not being the best at any one thing he's pretty well rounded. Thought he was good again today, and would just love him to get the confidence to let the shackles off occasionally, when moving he's such a strong carrier of the ball and I hope he develops that further with time

Edited by JR99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JR99 said:

I actually really like Bouba and I'm surprised by some of the consensus on here - I feel like he brings a real balance to our midfield and has a bit of everything, while not being the best at any one thing he's pretty well rounded. Thought he was good again today, and would just love him to get the confidence to let the shackles off occasionally, when moving he's such a strong carrier of the ball and I hope he develops that further with time

...he carried the ball well for Lille, and looked like some player doing so!!!

He perhaps is trying to adjust to get the positioning right before he would be comfortable bringing the ball forward on too many occasions. Positioning and his inability to sense danger is his drawback, let him master that for the time being.

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Kuredufox said:

Does the manager get any credit??

Yes, I've posted on another thread, we've seen Rodgers masterclasses again recently

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Growing in confidence along with the whole team

God knows what's changed.. it can't all be down to Faes!

seems to like a back 4. With that he can sit in the middle of the park a bit more. Doesn’t seem to like being pulled around as much..

Ahh it's frustrating. Got so much potential but still takes half a second longer on the ball than he has time for, which at this level feels like about 5 seconds. Would love to see more of what we saw when he first came onto the scene.

Still, really pleased that he's doing pretty well in games generally and definitely getting better.

• Like 1

Glad he's getting some appreciation after experiencing the groans he used to get when coming on from the bench towards the end of last season. Young and it was the first year in a new country, new division; you have to give them that first season to settle in.

Still isn't perfect. Knuckled down and now can prove his talent. Wanted to see him get a rhythm with Fofana to be honest.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JR99 said:

He’s slowly stamping his mark into the side, and in a sort of new position.

Ndidi  and Mendy will have to do some hard knocking ( good for squad motivation) but we can see good subs/ replacements ( like International Rugby),and one has a job to do from the bench.

Faes has given Amartey & midfield a new confidence. and both have formed a good axis in defence interfacing with midfield..

This new found phase of winning,has given us a new man and type in Soumare,

and rekindled Amarteys career path. Started also Faes PL career.Plus shown fans

how wrong they could be with Ward…and some snot-noses that with Thomas still can’t pick a player..