Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

1 hour ago, Phenom said:

Lots of quality there and he’s adapting to the speed of of the PL. He’s got the potential to be a French international…let’s hope he reaches it.

im his biggest fan on here

Good player but will never play for France , he does not protect the ball very well 

Can’t comment too much on yesterdays performance as wasn’t there..

it was only last week though that he still had his old bad habits… taking too many touches in possession and failing to track runners..

has looked better than he was overall… but let’s be honest, he couldn’t get much worse..

• Haha 2

Another reason to demonstrate why young players should come to us if given the chance. The club and fans (mostly) have given him enormous support and patience as he's struggled to adapt. He would've stood no chance if he'd gone to somewhere like Arsenal or Liverpool (who were linked with him before us). 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Can’t comment too much on yesterdays performance as wasn’t there..

it was only last week though that he still had his old bad habits… taking too many touches in possession and failing to track runners..

has looked better than he was overall… but let’s be honest, he couldn’t get much worse..

Bit harsh. I agree he was unconvincing last season and no one would have lost sleep if he’d gone in the summer but has definitely improved and established himself as a good first team option.

• Like 1

Solid performance yesterday. He's a much more progressive player then Ndidi or Mendy. That of course comes with more risk but when it comes off he really pushes us forward. Hopefully can keep adapting to the Premier league pace and developing his game from there. Could become a really dependable player for us

7 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Good player but will never play for France , he does not protect the ball very well 

You never actually support our players do you...I haven't known you to be right on any Player..

That's encouragement for Soumare alone..innit :rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

hes not Kante or ndidi, completely different player. Think with all these games he’s having he’s not just improved but also we understand him more as a player, think he’d actually be more suited to other European leagues which is evident since his Lille days. Crucial player for us though at the moment with his calmness in possession. Also made some great attacking passes yesterday.

Soon he’s going to be absolutely pivotal to away games we play. Both his physicality and quick, accurate passing forward will make us absolutely lethal as seen yesterday. 

• Like 2

He's seriously improved recently. I think his ability on the ball has helped no end.

I still think he gets too comfortable though and needs to quicken his play. I worry that teams will target that and we'll see him dilly dallying in a game that'll cost us.

But right now you've got to say he's playing better than Wilf Ndidi and that's a big compliment.

• Like 2

I've never really been too critical of him, because I could see a very good player on the pitch, who looked a bit lost, he just needed time to adapt to the ping pong of the premier league.  He has a bit of a lazy look about him when he plays so that doesn't help him, as he sometimes looks like he's being half arsed, but then so does Ndidi and that hasn't done him any harm.  As long as he continues to progress, then he could become an important player for us......until Chelsea come knocking again.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I’ve been saying this all along. He’s good at breaking up play, holding the ball, being an outlet, and passing forward. He looks slow (and sometimes holds on to the ball too long) but he’s really effective. His style of play is more common in leagues and countries that value ball control and “calmness” – obviously not always the PL or England.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Phenom said:

I’ve been saying this all along. He’s good at breaking up play, holding the ball, being an outlet, and passing forward. He looks slow (and sometimes holds on to the ball too long) but he’s really effective. His style of play is more common in leagues and countries that value ball control and “calmness” – obviously not always the PL or England.

The stats don't show how aggressive/athletic his tackling is. Really enjoying watching him and Faes in the same team, especially when you consider how anodyne we've been in that department.

Yes, he's got the same 'you haven't got that long mate' issue that e.g. Iborra had (it's also something Youri has struggled with esp last season). And he might look slow, but he's definitely got a turn of speed, rationed or not.

• Like 1