Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

Some of the comments here are OTT. People have short memories, he was really looking the part in the run-up to the WC. Just look at the comments about him after the West Ham game. 

He has the physical attributes and the skills to be a top player, but the problem too often has been his attitude, game intelligence and determination.

He was going in the right direction but today was a big step back. Maybe it was complacency, a lot of our players just lacked intensity. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Some of the comments here are OTT. People have short memories, he was really looking the part in the run-up to the WC. Just look at the comments about him after the West Ham game. 

He has the physical attributes and the skills to be a top player, but the problem too often has been his attitude, game intelligence and determination.

He was going in the right direction but today was a big step back. Maybe it was complacency, a lot of our players just lacked intensity. 

This post reads like the longer you went on the more you agreed with the people you were saying had short memories.

• Like 1

Maybe just me but I do think he contributes. Nobody's finest game today, so I'm not going to be too harsh. He's not a DM, not at his best playing that deep, so comparisons to Ndidi aren't really on. A step back today for sure but he's been coming on of late and I've seen his confidence grow. 

That said, if Wilf is fit and firing I''d pick him ahead of Bouba against Liverpool.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

This post reads like the longer you went on the more you agreed with the people you were saying had short memories.

Not quite - some of the posts here say things like he’s hopeless when he’s actually played well for us recently. Today he was poor as was pretty much all the team but to  say he’s garbage/rubbish etc is OTT. 

Guest Col city fan

Said having watched him a few times, I can’t see all the fuss about him.

Today he looked a million miles off being a Premiership standard box to box midfielder.

I was looking at the team today with our kid who was round to watch the game and we both wondered if Rodgers is actually punching ABOVE his weight with this group. They really aren’t very good in quite a few positions.

Ward.. needs replacing 

Thomas… not good enough yet

Amartey.. just don’t…

Faes.. jury’s out imo. Has looked great at times and absolutely fookin dreadful at others

Castagne.. bang average really 

Soumare.. miles off

Tielemans.. needs to move

Barnes..blows massively hot and cold

Perez… bang average

Daka… I think he’s a good striker but playing as a lone striker isn’t his game 

KDH.. just ok to be honest 

It’s not a very good side to be honest, or at least, it’s a very very average one at this level.

Which is what I said in the summer.

Our inability to recruit better will hit hard as the season goes on I think 

29 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Not quite - some of the posts here say things like he’s hopeless when he’s actually played well for us recently. Today he was poor as was pretty much all the team but to  say he’s garbage/rubbish etc is OTT. 

I don’t think he is anywhere near good enough but the fact KDH’s name rarely gets mentioned in the same conversations shows the biase youth team graduates get.

58 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

He wasnt solely to fault, but Soumare is symbolic of a wider issue; our recruitment has largely been absolutely tosh the last few years. We can't afford to be laggards in this regard, and Soumare, this stolid, lazy, clueless player isnt good enough to move us forward. At his best, he is adequate. At worst, he is a slow, bumbling, liability.

Edited by Tanya
  • Like 1

Just now, Tanya said:

What is he? Not be sassy; genuine question. A box to box midfielder who doesnt tackle and doesnt score?

He should be the type of CM that can take the ball and advance it 30-40 yards but he does not use a single physical advantage he has and just looks so sloppy. 

Its like Junior Lewis brain was transplanted into Yaya Toures body. 

While it is understandable that many on here are desperate for him to succeed, the inescapable fact is that Soumare adds nothing to the team. And never will.

There is not one thing that he does better than anyone else in the squad. Nothing.

Let’s face it. He has been a terrible buy.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Going to have I told you so moment here. His game IQ is so low, he works on pure instinct rather than actual skill. 

It reminds me of the academy kid who was bigger and stronger than everyone else and that’s what impresses rather than his actual ability. 

Exactly how I feel.

For someone to say that comments about him NOT being good enough for the PL are OTT are “head in the sand”.

He played better in the run upto the WC but not sure he was that integral in those results and has had a lot more shocking performances than good ones.

• Like 1

He can be good, he can be awful, today he was bloody atrocious and like much of the team was a yard off the pace! I genuinely wonder what the hell we’ve done over the last month with the World Cup break! Newcastle looked 2 yards quicker on the ball, off the ball, hungrier to win it back, pressed etc. we swanned around and scuffed passes left, right n centre, it was an embarrassing performance which questioned our sharpness, fitness, desire, tactics and much more. Worse start possible tbh! 

This was Bouba at his “typical” worse, a million touches before he moves the ball and a yard off the play as didn’t look upto the speed of the game for me. Worrying considering he’s had a month of self development etc.

59 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Just watched the goal again on MOTD.

Soumare literally dipped down to let Joelinton head it in!

Fookin amazing 

Just came here to say the same. Total lack of desire to compete for that cross sums him up. Should be dropped for that alone. Problem is there is a lack of competition in this squad as Rodgers just bombs players out on a whim so nobody is under pressure to perform