Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

9 hours ago, Nick said:

He had personal issues at Christmas. I’m not sure what they were. I know since then he has had a period of illness but the main issue is his ability to adapt so far to the speed and physicality of the Premier League. He has the creativity and ball skills in spades but he sees himself as a deep lying playmaker (He has ability at 8 & 6) but his opportunities here have been more box to box which he’s not excelled at yet. I guess if he’s going to be an 8 for us in a two he’s got a hell of a lot of work to do. 

If his skills are as you describe then he sounds an ideal replacement for Tielemans, which is a good incentive for him to stick around and persist until he adapts and fits into the team ... as long as that doesn't take too long.

Someone suggested Rodgers was interested in bringing in players from the French league.  We're that the case then having a few more French speakers around might also make things easier for Soumare.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, deep blue said:

If his skills are as you describe then he sounds an ideal replacement for Tielemans, which is a good incentive for him to stick around and persist until he adapts and fits into the team ... as long as that doesn't take too long.

Someone suggested Rodgers was interested in bringing in players from the French league.  We're that the case then having a few more French speakers around might also make things easier for Soumare.

....I would say that the way he plays would be, if you imagine the diamond and KDH covering the left and Soumare covering the right!!!

If we are playing Ndidi then we play him instead of Tielemans, with the creativity coming from the #10 and the wings. Without Ndidi the double pivot would be KDH and Soumare.

We do not have to have people who speak the same language as an incoming player to put him at ease, if he is struggling to settle then you can understand to a degree, what ever he is experiencing in his life at the moment, I hope it can be resolved and the club is at the forefront of making it happen.

43 minutes ago, iancognito said:

There's no cryptic answer here or something between the lines, the team are training as a group and he has issues to work out and so is not with the team. My mates have got into Krystals, I am wearing trainers, so I am outside of Krystals. I'm not on drugs or falling out with my mates, I'm just outside.

I havn't lived in Leicester for a long time. Seriously, Krystals is still there and people still try to get in with trainers¿

I agree, bringing in French speakers just to put one player more at ease makes little sence, if indeed the original poster was suggesting that. Football  shouldn't need so much language skills anyway, it's all grunting, diagrams and Xg.

I ain´t been too impressed by Soumare so far but I was really shit at jobs in one place and good at the same job at other places. We´ll see.

Also the more observant amongst you may have noted that I found the apostrophe- only on the spanish keyboard though and that causes more problems than it´s worth. Can't find a right way up question mark for one

Edited by He aint bald
edited down cited post

20 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Praet and was looking like the best Belgian midfielder we'd signed that summer but that hamstring injury really screwed him over and he never got his place back. That's football.

He got that Hammy busting a gut chasing a bonus goal didnt he?

Ironic how playing like the new JV we all want, possibly stalled his career.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iancognito said:

Give it 18 months, he'll be player of the season for Montpellier or whoever.

...I  believe the concensus is that he cannot properly function in the Premier League and would suit a slower paced League!!!

Him pulling up trees on the Continent would only prove that the assessment is correct.

I still believe he is a terrific player and very much wanted him here.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, He aint bald said:

I havn't lived in Leicester for a long time. Seriously, Krystals is still there and people still try to get in with trainers¿

I agree, bringing in French speakers just to put one player more at ease makes little sence, if indeed the original poster was suggesting that. Football  shouldn't need so much language skills anyway, it's all grunting, diagrams and Xg.

I ain´t been too impressed by Soumare so far but I was really shit at jobs in one place and good at the same job at other places. We´ll see.

Also the more observant amongst you may have noted that I found the apostrophe- only on the spanish keyboard though and that causes more problems than it´s worth. Can't find a right way up question mark for one

Nah, it hasn't been krystals since the 90s but I haven't been out in Leicester since the 90s either so I'm not guessing what it's called this week

• Like 1

On 23/04/2022 at 02:08, iancognito said:

I don't know why 2+2 =5 here. The statement of outside the team is simply that. He is not with the team. There's no cryptic answer here or something between the lines, the team are training as a group and he has issues to work out and so is not with the team. My mates have got into Krystals, I am wearing trainers, so I am outside of Krystals. I'm not on drugs or falling out with my mates, I'm just outside.

Having another French speaker in the side doesn't help you settle in the group. Me and Piers Morgan both speak English, it doesn't mean I want to be in his company or spend time chatting to him.

I watch him play and I get flashbacks to Gokhan Inler. Just like Soumare was going to fill Tielemans/Ndidi's/Praet's shoes, Inler was supposed to be our diamond in the pack after we lost Cambiasso. The guy played half a dozen games got knocked off the ball, sprayed passes to no-one and looked half a yard slower than every other player. If he'd stayed, he might have suited the European games the following season but sometimes, just like Kramaric, Slimani, Silva, Musa, Ghezzal, Under and the rest like them you have to admit they're the wrong guy, wrong place, wrong time.

I happen to think he's been a bit harshly treated by the fans. We're a pretty unforgiving lot and have a need for a scapegoat. 2 bad passes and you're total shit, a great through ball for Vardeh and you're another feather in the cap for the scouting crew. You turn up in a new country, the game is different, you don't know anyone and as soon as you can't find a team-mate the crowd tell you you're tres merde. Mendy was the same in hs first season or two yet somehow now he's won a trophy with his country he's worthy of a place and even praise. Soumare was in & out, made a couple of errors and then seemingly dropped altogether. Rather than encourage him, Rodgers seems to have knocked his confidence further by playing almost anyone else instead of him. Give it 18 months, he'll be player of the season for Montpellier or whoever.

Your analogy that Soumare being declared outside of the team is the same as not being allowed in to a nightclub with trainers is way off. It’s a job not a night out. If you want to use the nightclub analogy then it would be more relevant to compare him to a member of bar staff who has been asked or has asked to stay away from Krystal’s for the time being, be it due to personal issues/illness or due to an issue at work. 
I agree with the Inler comparison, though I don’t think he’s had particularly harsh treatment when he’s played from the fans. A few groans when he’s lost the ball but only the same as everyone else. It’s not that Soumare has made ‘a couple of errors’ though it’s more that he simply hasn’t contributed when he’s played and looks way off the pace. We can only speculate as to why he’s currently totally out of the picture as the club and Rodger’s aren’t telling us but as it stands it definitely hasn’t been a good signing. He’s a young lad though and I hope he can turn it around. 

10 hours ago, iancognito said:

Nah, it hasn't been krystals since the 90s but I haven't been out in Leicester since the 90s either so I'm not guessing what it's called this week

If still got some 50p beer tokens somwhere. hmmm, warm watered down lager. Reckon a night out at Krystals would sort Soumare out!

Mean while the other players have to bust there arses covering a player getting a free ride , he chose his trade either get back to work or cut him lose , KDH is running himself into the ground , and if he pulls up lame what do we do then if the soak doesn’t want to play . I know people have problems but this has dragged on for a long time , time to fix it or cut him lose 

38 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Mean while the other players have to bust there arses covering a player getting a free ride , he chose his trade either get back to work or cut him lose , KDH is running himself into the ground , and if he pulls up lame what do we do then if the soak doesn’t want to play . I know people have problems but this has dragged on for a long time , time to fix it or cut him lose 

....I can agree to this to some extent, we do not know exactly what the problem is, and if is a mental problem then it takes precedent!!!

We may have finally come to grips with dealing with players with problems off the pitch and we seem to be learning from our previous failure. We do however need to get this matter sorted for both parties concerned and the sooner we make a decision either way the better.

• Like 2

shows the average age here re Krystals ,Since then its been a name I cannot recall then Creation.Liquid.Lava and whatever it is now Prism ?  My old firm did all the refit work for those brands and it was good work .Considering they are only open for  a few hours a week take a lot of money average spend of around £60 per person. 

Souma looks to have all the attributes just hope we get to see them