Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

5 hours ago, taupe said:

Maybe just me but I do think he contributes. Nobody's finest game today, so I'm not going to be too harsh. He's not a DM, not at his best playing that deep, so comparisons to Ndidi aren't really on. A step back today for sure but he's been coming on of late and I've seen his confidence grow. 

That said, if Wilf is fit and firing I''d pick him ahead of Bouba against Liverpool.

Totally agree. Play any player in a position/role they're not suited to and don't be surprised when it doesn't work out. That's been done to several players over the last couple of years, Soumare and Daka were two of the obvious one's today. 

• Like 1

Get this guy out of our club…

to turn blind on the edge of our own box… beggars belief…

said it 18  months ago.. does not spot danger at all.. plays at his own pace..

Like  Daka, he is only picked because he is one of ‘Rodgers signIngs’ 

5 hours ago, taupe said:

Maybe just me but I do think he contributes. Nobody's finest game today, so I'm not going to be too harsh. He's not a DM, not at his best playing that deep, so comparisons to Ndidi aren't really on. A step back today for sure but he's been coming on of late and I've seen his confidence grow. 

That said, if Wilf is fit and firing I''d pick him ahead of Bouba against Liverpool.

But he’s playing DM and let’s be obvious he doesn’t spot any danger at all..

how any fan can say after 18mnths that he offers something…… 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, eblair said:

Not as bad as youri today (aside from goals that were his fault)

there’s a player inside there once his brain clicks into gear

cannot play as single holding mid, looks very exposed against good oppo but don’t think that was his fault more than Brendan’s 

You should read your own comments…😂😂

he is and always has been a car crash for us..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Totally agree. Play any player in a position/role they're not suited to and don't be surprised when it doesn't work out. That's been done to several players over the last couple of years, Soumare and Daka were two of the obvious one's today. 

Where else would you play Daka other than ST where he always plays ? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Liability and central to the first and second goal. 

He also just gives Joelinton a leg up for his header.

Shocking stuff, even the smallest guy on the pitch (which is def not Soumare) should be leaning into the attacking player to make their header harder etc.

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Who the hell disagreed with that? Surely that’s common knowledge.

People come out with all sorts of nonsense on here. Just like you try to bully me into submission about Amartey being ‘good enough’. Which of course he isn’t and you don’t. 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

People come out with all sorts of nonsense on here. Just like you try to bully me into submission about Amartey being ‘good enough’. Which of course he isn’t and you don’t. 

Sorry what? What do you mean bully you into submission? I just say he is good enough for a squad player. You then pipe up at every single opportunity to single him out and give it the big I told you so regardless if others have been more at fault.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
Just now, CyprusFox said:

Based on that, he hasn't got much chance of working anywhere😄

He’d work fine in France because a. The play isn’t as quick and b. Most of the teams are nowhere near as good as the teams in the Premiership.

The pace of the Prem is too quick for a lumbering Soumare. He needs a slower pace to be able to bully other midfielders and to look good.

Rodgers really has made a number of astoundingly bad transfers for this football club. 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He’d work fine in France because a. The play isn’t as quick and b. Most of the teams are nowhere near as good as the teams in the Premiership.

The pace of the Prem is too quick for a lumbering Soumare. He needs a slower pace to be able to bully other midfielders and to look good.

Rodgers really has made a number of astoundingly bad transfers for this football club. 

It’s why he looked good in Europe last season.