Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

I got slaughtered on here for saying that Praet is a better footballer than Soumaré. Does anyone still otherwise? Truly terrible. 

That's like saying a skoda car was better then a lada in the 80s.

Both are big average and add little to the team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I don't think either want to be here, move them both on in the summer

Not entirely true though is it. Praet came back willing to fight for his place and was really good pre-season and Brendan yet again refuses to play him..... he wants to be here but clearly has had enough now I should imagine.  We dont have a big enough squad for Brendan to alienate players!

Edited by Hales

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

That's like saying a skoda car was better then a lada in the 80s.

Both are big average and add little to the team.

Praet is average, Soumaré is dreadful. I would take average over dreadful any day of the week. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hales said:

Not entirely true though is it. Praet came back willing to fight for his place and was really good pre-season and Brendan yet again refuses to play him..... he wants to be here but blearly has had enough now I should imagine.  We dont have a big enough squad for Brendan to alienate players!

I agree

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Hales said:

Not entirely true though is it. Praet came back willing to fight for his place and was really good pre-season and Brendan yet again refuses to play him..... he wants to be here but blearly has had enough now I should imagine.  We dont have a big enough squad for Brendan to alienate players!

Does anyone know if Ndidi was injured yesterday cos I cannot for the life of me understand why Soumare would play in a DM role, in front of Wilf?

Ndidi has been nowhere near as good as he was, I think mainly down to his injuries and confidence, but at least he plays in a certain position. Why is Soumare starting in front of Ndidi against a side that trigger the press as soon as they can?

Another one I don’t get.

Soumare has to go. He is dreadful. In terms of his development, he’s shown a tad more application in games, however he is still defensively horrible, completely unambitious with his passing, doesn’t show anywhere near enough aggression and just doesn’t read the game well at all, as positionally he is dreadful. 

It’s clear he lacks confidence and has struggled to adapt, but we can’t carry him any longer, he is a liability and needs binning off. 

• Like 3

Just now, Devonfox1884 said:

He’s frustrating as he’s shown glimpses of having the ability to be a beast. But he follows up one good performance with two poor ones most of the time, and we can’t carry a player like that.

Exaxtly this, too inconsistant. We could say this about a few of our players though and that is the problem

The problem we’ve got is that Ndidi has started to decline drastically, it’s not a surprise, there’s been rumours for a while that he’s another Nigerian player who’s biological age is much older than previously published. No player aged 26 should fall off physically like he has.

It’s simple, Soumare isn’t a holding midfielder in a 4-3-3, he’s never been that, he’s best suited to playing in a 2 man pivot. I don’t understand why we haven’t tried Mendy and Soumare together with Maddison/Perez/Iheanacho in the 10 role behind either Vardy or Daka. Brendan knows best though hey. 

Guest Col city fan
12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Soumare has to go. He is dreadful. In terms of his development, he’s shown a tad more application in games, however he is still defensively horrible, completely unambitious with his passing, doesn’t show anywhere near enough aggression and just doesn’t read the game well at all, as positionally he is dreadful. 

It’s clear he lacks confidence and has struggled to adapt, but we can’t carry him any longer, he is a liability and needs binning off. 

I do agree with this. 
I know that we’ve come off the back of a good run of form recently where Soumare has looked ‘ok’. I don’t think he’s looked great, but hasn’t looked bad.

But that can’t end in a game like yesterday where he (and others) play SO badly that we get thrashed. And it WAS a thrashing. Newcastle stopped playing in the second half as they knew we’d not score. 
It’s this acceptance of the very average that so gets to me. Hand on heart, we all know that Soumare (and others) are just not very good at this level. We’ve seen them make so many errors and get over-run so many times. Yet as soon as they have a decent few games, we are all over them again, stating that they’ve ‘turned a corner’ and all that.

Soumare, Amartey, Perez, Thomas (IMO), Ward are just never going to take this club anywhere.

Even if Leicester do stay up, unless we’ve got a lot of money to do a big rebuild next season, we’ll see more of the same. And if we get relegated, it’ll have to be a near complete overhaul. 

Edited by Col city fan

He just doesn't understand that he doesn't have time when he's facing our goal. It has to be one or two touch football and he can't just turn out in possession whenever he fancies it without knowing where anyone else is.

If the penny finally drops then I think he'd be a good player but until then we must play Ndidi.

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'd rather just bin them both off.

Would rather develop Braybrooke.

Liverpool gave game time to 2 lads aged 18, or thereabouts, yesterday.  Rodgers keeps them waiting till they're more like 23.  I agree with your sentiment but I think it's unrealistic to see it happening under Rodgers.

18 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Does anyone know if Ndidi was injured yesterday cos I cannot for the life of me understand why Soumare would play in a DM role, in front of Wilf?

Ndidi has been nowhere near as good as he was, I think mainly down to his injuries and confidence, but at least he plays in a certain position. Why is Soumare starting in front of Ndidi against a side that trigger the press as soon as they can?

Another one I don’t get.

Well Ndidi came on for Soumare so can't have been injured.. 

And that’s it really..

he isnt good/dominant at any one thing..

he lacks awareness which is the most important thing for a DM

He doesn’t move the ball quick enough 

He doesnt use his size to out muscle players..

I hope we don’t see him again in a LCFC shirt tbh..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I do agree with this. 
I know that we’ve come off the back of a good run of form recently where Soumare has looked ‘ok’. I don’t think he’s looked great, but hasn’t looked bad.

But that can’t end in a game like yesterday where he (and others) play SO badly that we get thrashed. And it WAS a thrashing. Newcastle stopped playing in the second half as they knew we’d not score. 
It’s this acceptance of the very average that so gets to me. Hand on heart, we all know that Soumare (and others) are just not very good at this level. We’ve seen them make so many errors and get over-run so many times. Yet as soon as they have a decent few games, we are all over them again, stating that they’ve ‘turned a corner’ and all that.

Soumare, Amartey, Perez, Thomas (IMO), Ward are just never going to take this club anywhere.

Even if Leicester do stay up, unless we’ve got a lot of money to do a big rebuild next season, we’ll see more of the same. And if we get relegated, it’ll have to be a near complete overhaul. 

I agree, Col. I know it’s been mentioned about the clubs finances, but we’ve regressed horribly since the FA cup win, the football we’ve been subjected to has been on the whole, appalling. And the money we spent on the likes of Daka and Soumare has yet to really show its worth. And now we’re stuck with some absolutely bang average players, with a few quality ones.

The excuses need to stop, and now we have this new head of recruitment he and his staff need to get to work. There’s still a possibility this club could go down, and that would be in every way a disaster. 

Yesterday just proved that we’re desperate for an overhaul….

Edited by Pliskin

27 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

The problem we’ve got is that Ndidi has started to decline drastically, it’s not a surprise, there’s been rumours for a while that he’s another Nigerian player who’s biological age is much older than previously published. No player aged 26 should fall off physically like he has.

It’s simple, Soumare isn’t a holding midfielder in a 4-3-3, he’s never been that, he’s best suited to playing in a 2 man pivot. I don’t understand why we haven’t tried Mendy and Soumare together with Maddison/Perez/Iheanacho in the 10 role behind either Vardy or Daka. Brendan knows best though hey. 

1424.PNG.88a2b82439466949b09a36bcb1e54b9d.PNG

• Haha 1

He was utter shite yesterday - He doesn't seem to have any awareness around himself at all. He consistently makes poor choices with the ball - He also lacks aggression 

He also constantly passes back and sideways 

Only 24 / 25  years of age but feel as though we should look to move on now 

Also we desperately need to bring Wilf back for the Liverpool game 

He isn’t a defensive midfielder, never has been, never will be, Benjamin Andre was the defensive midfielder during Soumare’s time at Lille.

Soumare doesn’t post the tackling and interception numbers like Ndidi posts.

When we signed him I instantly questioned on where he would fit, you could possibly play him in a midfield three, but it would have to be Ndidi(DM) - Soumare(CM) - Tielemans(CM), and use Soumare as that ball carrying midfielder, which is his best trait.

What’s annoyed me more than anything though is his laziness, I can’t stand players who lack effort, and he’s unfortunately performed like that many times.

To potentially save his Leicester career, we need to play him in a role where he’s most comfortable, if it means dropping KDH then so be it, KDH has looked bang average for a while now. If that doesn’t end up working for Soumare, then we’ll have to bin him off in the summer.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

People come out with all sorts of nonsense on here. Just like you try to bully me into submission about Amartey being ‘good enough’. Which of course he isn’t and you don’t. 

You were praising him during that run, so he clearly is good enough else he'd never put in any kind of performance. You always push this weird narrative that anyone that sticks up for him thinks he's John Terry or something and then when he has a bad game start bleating on how you've always said he was crap, missing the point that most admit he isn't amazing but he's more than capable especially if actually being used in his role as a squad player.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

driving forward with the ball and hit his passes with pace when getting forward.

That is what I saw,  and see as his strengh. He likes to take the ball and make forward progress quickly; turn defence into attack. I thought I also saw him getting back and getting tackles in but began to question that because of what others were saying. I certainly didn't think he was as bad as some of the pictures painted.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Having watched the full game today after all the bad comments I expected a much worse performance from him. He was sloppy at the start of the game and crap for the corner but he was the only one I saw making tackles in midfield, driving forward with the ball and hit his passes with pace when getting forward. He’s the only guy I saw tackling Joelinton a few times also.

Because of the mistakes he made you have to say he has to do much better but there defo is a player in there, he is never the holding CM guy but him in a three with Wilf as DM and alongside KDH is what I wanna see.

Had a hand in all 3 goals conceded, gave the ball away in the build up to the pen, lets Almiron slip past him for the second and gets beat in the air for the corner.

But other then that he was good on the ball at time and won the odd tackle, not sure he does enough in game to just let those type of errors slide. 

• Like 1