Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

54 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

You were praising him during that run, so he clearly is good enough else he'd never put in any kind of performance. You always push this weird narrative that anyone that sticks up for him thinks he's John Terry or something and then when he has a bad game start bleating on how you've always said he was crap, missing the point that most admit he isn't amazing but he's more than capable especially if actually being used in his role as a squad player.

Exactly I don’t understand how this is so ****ing hard to understand! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Had a hand in all 3 goals conceded, gave the ball away in the build up to the pen, lets Almiron slip past him for the second and gets beat in the air for the corner.

But other then that he was good on the ball at time and won the odd tackle, not sure he does enough in game to just let those type of errors slide. 

The second goal you can see he doesn’t want to risk giving away a pen, but he would never just let him go past him like that.

You’re right he can’t get away with these mistakes and hopefully it’s just rustiness from the break because he is by far our most athletic guy and he does have a fair bit of technical quality too. Just needs to switch on for the whole game!

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

All the ‘lazy’ stuff feels a bit Ron Atkinson

He’s just not that good currently…. I hope he gets better 

I don’t see Soumare as ‘lazy’, it’s just how he plays. He can get away with it in slower games, where he’ll look ok.

But pitch him against a full-on, high pressing side like Newcastle and he’ll get found out.

But I’ve said the same thing about Tielemans for years tbf. When given time to control a midfield, he’ll do so. But you put him under pressure and you see half the player he can be.

I think ‘the top sides’ know this which is why they are sitting on the fence in terms of getting him.
The way to play both Soumare and Youri out of a game is to press them, to give them no time, and they fold. This is true of most players, of course, but especially true of these two. 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I don’t see Soumare as ‘lazy’, it’s just how he plays. He can get away with it in slower games, where he’ll look ok.

But pitch him against a full-on, high pressing side like Newcastle and he’ll get found out.

But I’ve said the same thing about Tielemans for years tbf. When given time to control a midfield, he’ll do so. But you put him under pressure and you see half the player he can be.

I think ‘the top sides’ know this which is why they are sitting on the fence in terms of getting him.
The way to play both Soumare and Youri out of a game is to press them, to give them no time, and they fold. This is true of most players, of course, but especially true of these two. 

The thing is, even poor teams can press. If that’s all it takes for us to buckle, we’re in some serious trouble. 

I've been quick to jump on anyone saying he's not good enough or can't compete at this level but his latest performance has left me struggling defend him. He's not a defensive midfielder at this level. Doesn't track runners and barely gets a foot in. He barely has a forward pass in him either so I don't see what his role is with us. Right now, if you're going to play someone in that DCM slot, it's either Mendy or Ndidi. Mendy, whatever his faults, never wastes a pass and can retrieve the ball too. If it's not Ndidi it's got to be Mendy. I don't know whether we're trying to put him in the shop window but that display won't have done him or us any favours.

• Like 3

Guest Kopfkino

Think I’m always going to be a bigger fan than most people. But people can’t say there isn’t a player in there, albeit I admit I’m not sure it will ever actually completely come out.

He can and will always take the ball in tight spaces and normally does well. The problem is that he’s not progressive enough. We’ve seen hints that he has a Yaya-type run in him but it doesn’t come often enough and same with his passing. 

Contrary to belief on here today, I don’t think playing alongside Ndidi is the solution and would show against lesser sides.

26 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Think I’m always going to be a bigger fan than most people. But people can’t say there isn’t a player in there, albeit I admit I’m not sure it will ever actually completely come out.

He can and will always take the ball in tight spaces and normally does well. The problem is that he’s not progressive enough. We’ve seen hints that he has a Yaya-type run in him but it doesn’t come often enough and same with his passing. 

Contrary to belief on here today, I don’t think playing alongside Ndidi is the solution and would show against lesser sides.

I like Soumare as well, he has very good potential. Confidence is huge with him, think he’ll get better and better for us with more games. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

Guest Chocolate Teapot
26 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I love that he wants the ball the whole time and in tight spaces too. We played through the press well tonight and against Newcastle after the first 20 and he's a big part of that. Loads of interceptions and tackles too.