Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

I love that he wants the ball the whole time and in tight spaces too. We played through the press well tonight and against Newcastle after the first 20 and he's a big part of that. Loads of interceptions and tackles too.

I'm just not sure you can have him and Youri in the same midfield.

Looks better with Wilf and KDH providing the legs.

• Like 3

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

He was pretty good tonight, look asured on the ball and got out of presses quite easily. I think he needs to do more with it going forwards, but tonight wasnt the sort of game for him to do that in.

Agree - along with his general awareness, that's the other area he needs to work on. But there's certainly a good player there. 

Thought he did well tonight. He’s a real rollercoaster ride, I had given up with him after Newcastle, then he’s done a pretty decent job today for me and showed glimpses of being able to move the ball quickly and some nice little give and go’s to get past the press.

Needs to maintain a level of consistency, more so I can make a judgement on whether he’s worth keeping or getting rid of in the summer 🤣

I still think he is hopeless. He is involved for about 5 minutes a match, which as a centre midfielder is not acceptable.

He got into the game around 65-75 minute mark and did some nice stuff, but was anonymous outside of that. 

He doesn’t really offer any defence at the back, and little going forward, but he does do the odd decent pass.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Thought he did well tonight. He’s a real rollercoaster ride, I had given up with him after Newcastle, then he’s done a pretty decent job today for me and showed glimpses of being able to move the ball quickly and some nice little give and go’s to get past the press.

Needs to maintain a level of consistency, more so I can make a judgement on whether he’s worth keeping or getting rid of in the summer 🤣

Glimpses should not be acceptable for a premier league CM. He was bought as a starter and he drifts and jogs about through 90% of matches. I can’t think of a single outstanding attacking or defensive contribution that he’s made since joining.

If you compare his contribution to KDH, who is limited but appears all of the pitch continually getting involved, Soumare is adding very little to the team.

Just now, jim5000 said:

Glimpses should not be acceptable for a premier league CM. He was bought as a starter and he drifts and jogs about through 90% of matches. I can’t think of a single outstanding attacking or defensive contribution that he’s made since joining.

If you compare his contribution to KDH, who is limited but appears all of the pitch continually getting involved, Soumare is adding very little to the team.

He is obviously instructed not to get too far forward. Kdh is the opposite.  He was effective in the first half tonight - agree that he has to make some vital contributions such as preventing  clear runs on our goal. He can’t just be tidy. 

He did ok but with the upcoming games being extremely crucial, I don’t have faith in his lethargic and quite frankly ineffective style of football.

What tonight proved to me is that KDH should drop deeper and provide a better engine in our very one paced middle of the park.

Soumare and Tielemans shouldn’t play together again if can be helped.

Guest Kopfkino
54 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm just not sure you can have him and Youri in the same midfield.

Looks better with Wilf and KDH providing the legs.

But he also probably can’t play with Wilf because you’re going to recreate the Wilf-Mende partnership in a way. He played well enough with Tielemans in the run of games before the World Cup. 

We ‘just’ need a more athletic Tielemans. Sangare would have been nice but I’m sure that ship has sailed.

Guest Col city fan

Looks better alongside Ndidi but I guess he’s bound to. Tielemans really needs to be played in a more offensive role. He don’t have the legs to play as a DM.

Needs a good performance against Fulham as do the team per se 

5 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Surely you can remember some? Come on Jim!

Moscow away where he went prime Yaya and lowered through a couple of players for the ball to progress on to one of Daka’s goals? Who did he smash the bar against from distance? Think it was another Europa League game.

Not sure what defensive specifics you would be looking for? For example, an easy comparison would be Wilf, I can’t remember too many amazing individual defensive contributions as it’s primarily toeing the ball of an opponent, hardly “sexy” defending scenarios that live in the memory.

I see element of promise in his game, he has a long way to go, but I can see some potential (which I didn’t see last season).

3 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Surely you can remember some? Come on Jim!

Moscow away where he went prime Yaya and lowered through a couple of players for the ball to progress on to one of Daka’s goals? Who did he smash the bar against from distance? Think it was another Europa League game.

Not sure what defensive specifics you would be looking for? For example, an easy comparison would be Wilf, I can’t remember too many amazing individual defensive contributions as it’s primarily toeing the ball of an opponent, hardly “sexy” defending scenarios that live in the memory.

I see element of promise in his game, he has a long way to go, but I can see some potential (which I didn’t see last season).

Yeah, but at the same time we have most of foxestalk saying we are not up to it and shouldn’t accept mediocrity, the. We have people saying there’s glimpses in Soumare and he has a long way to go and some potential. Can we afford to have ‘a long way to go and some potential’ if we want to achieve anything in the premier league in the next couple of seasons?

It’s a rhetorical question anyway as we’re stuck with him, no one would buy him! Just another flop to add to the pile with Vestergaard, Bertrand, and Perez.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

Yeah, but at the same time we have most of foxestalk saying we are not up to it and shouldn’t accept mediocrity, the. We have people saying there’s glimpses in Soumare and he has a long way to go and some potential. Can we afford to have ‘a long way to go and some potential’ if we want to achieve anything in the premier league in the next couple of seasons?

It’s a rhetorical question anyway as we’re stuck with him, no one would buy him! Just another flop to add to the pile with Vestergaard, Bertrand, and Perez.

He’s a lot younger than the others you’ve mentioned there.

I’m all for us signing a swashbuckling CM with Bouba dropping to the bench. Be interesting to see what positions we do target over the next few weeks! 👀 

12 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Soumare has been one of our best players this season had just 1 bad game and miles clear of ndidi lool crazy undertones going on

Was very good tonight…

out of interest I spent a good majority of the game just watching him, particularly after we went two down as the disappointment of what was a very decent showing took over…

he received the ball very well, and transitioned it into attack on a number of occasions. He also broke up play regularly when admittedly I assumed it was Wilf. Never looked as if his head dropped and he continued to offer to receive the ball (in tight areas) and beat the Liverpool press more regularly than not. 

It’s very clear to me that there is most definitely a player there in Bouba, yes we need to see it more often, but our setup and our instructions need to embrace his qualities. 

Keep the faith with him 

• Like 3