Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Class on grass said:

Soumare has been one of our best players this season had just 1 bad game and miles clear of ndidi lool crazy undertones going on

Just one bad game…

Note to self, spend less time on FT

50 minutes ago, Ledecestre said:

We've got a bad habit here of players in positions they aren't comfortable with or cut out for.

To be fair to him, I don’t think he played CDM at Lille, I presume he was signed as a more athletic ball carrying CM, whether he’s turned out that way is a different matter 😅

I think the problem with Soumaré isn't that he's bad. It's that we've gone from prime Maddison/Ndidi/Tielemans to him in the space of about a year. We had one of the best midfields in the league, and now we have a couple players who are varyingly poor to good but aren't the finished product and that is frustrating. I don't know if Soumaré will ever rise to the standard we want, but I think people would have been a lot more patient with him if he had joined before we signed Tielemans.

• Like 1

Too much of a luxury, Not good enough defensively to be a DM, not good in enough in possession to be a playmaker and not does he have the ability to be a true box-to-box player.

I’m fairness, we’ll need to see him under a new manager first to be totally sure it isn’t just Rodgers’ fault.

• Like 1

I think that potentially yesterday was his best performance for us. I know that’s hard to say in a loss but he stood out for me. 

Considering the strength of the liverpool press he was fantastic at knocking around the first touch passes. and he actually got stuck in which was nice to see. I think we’d all be signing his praises if faes hadnt scuppered our chance of points. 

When you consider the opposition, the way he played was fantastic and he was very hard done by to be on the losing side 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I think that potentially yesterday was his best performance for us. I know that’s hard to say in a loss but he stood out for me. 

Considering the strength of the liverpool press he was fantastic at knocking around the first touch passes. and he actually got stuck in which was nice to see. I think we’d all be signing his praises if faes hadnt scuppered our chance of points. 

When you consider the opposition, the way he played was fantastic and he was very hard done by to be on the losing side 

He has the quality to be a top player, It's just his languid style of play which is holding him back.

I've seen players like him before, It's only when the opposition kicks them that they burst into action and play their best.

19 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He is obviously instructed not to get too far forward. Kdh is the opposite.  He was effective in the first half tonight - agree that he has to make some vital contributions such as preventing  clear runs on our goal. He can’t just be tidy. 

...we are still hung up on the goal contributions, it is not what he does!!!

Being more aware, releasing the ball quicker and sensing danger are things to be concerned about, but him not assisting or scoring is not an issue. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/12/2022 at 19:30, sacreblueits442 said:

...we are still hung up on the goal contributions, it is not what he does!!!

Being more aware, releasing the ball quicker and sensing danger are things to be concerned about, but him not assisting or scoring is not an issue. 

If he had Mendy's attitude to go with his impressive physique he would be some player. How do we make the lad develop a nasty streak. Papy is probably his main confident , let's hope he can convince him to speed up his game.

• 4 weeks later...