Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

1 hour ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

I thought our average weekly wage was around 90k according to the financial expert? According to that it’s 52k which is more believable.

That was last years accounts and included deferred/shifted wage payments owing to covid disruption.

• Thanks 1

Kieran Maguire said our average wage was over £90k a week so this is of no surprise, if anything those wages listed seem off if the average reported from our last published accounts is accurate.

Soumare is likely on a bit more than he might ordinarily because his contract at Lille only had a year to run and we got him probably £5m + cheaper than we perhaps would have, so we probably gave it to him instead.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Kieran Maguire said our average wage was over £90k a week so this is of no surprise, if anything those wages listed seem off if the average reported from our last published accounts is accurate.

Soumare is likely on a bit more than he might ordinarily because his contract at Lille only had a year to run and we got him probably £5m + cheaper than we perhaps would have, so we probably gave it to him instead.

yes - we have no idea how ‘s/o fees’ are structured. They can be spread over the whole contract or paid up front. 

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

People forget he came to us as one of the top performing midfielders in Ligue1. He wont have been cheap.

This. Soumare has definitely been a let down given his hype, but his signing was considered quite the coup. I have told this story before, but a friend of mine helped build the analytics platform that Arsenal used and he said that Soumare was one of the top performing players they were looking at, but we had already won the race.

Unfortunately for a club like us, when a signing doesn't come off it really hurts us hard. But the previous summer we had bagged Fofana and he was an incredible signing. I can see why we were so confident on Bouba.

If you are Man U / Chelsea / Liverpool / Arsenal / Man City / Spurs, you can have plenty of duds. If you are Leicester / Everton / Southampton / etc those sort of signings when they go wrong can kll you.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m looking forward to Bouba coming back - he has plenty of developing still to so in the PL but he has all the tools - if handled correctly and coached well. He will be a big asset for us 

Yeah I am. I have been critical of him but I thought he'd shown some real signs of improvement and was helping the team look much more dynamic as well as resilient in the run of games before the World Cup.

Hopefully he can come back in and prosper again.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m looking forward to Bouba coming back - he has plenty of developing still to so in the PL but he has all the tools - if handled correctly and coached well. He will be a big asset for us 

Might aswell forget about that then…

• Haha 2

Whether we buy those figures or not, they'll be there or there abouts. When we signed Soumare, who was upset? Who was buzzing? I reckon the majority were well chuffed. He seemed a great signing. Might come good (I find it hard to believe), probably won't. One of those who just hasn't adapted. 

10 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

How the **** are people buying these numbers?

Our average salary is £3 million a year at least so some are earning more , he is one of them. Our major weapon to attract highly rated players is money and we have to pay the going rate or with us even better. So many on here refuse to accept that . This is the PL salaries are enormous. If we don't want to pay , we should get back in the Championship.