Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

Guest Chocolate Teapot

People still believe youri is on 30k a week when he was our record signing and moved from tax free monaco?

You'll believe anything.

8 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Our average salary is £3 million a year at least so some are earning more , he is one of them. Our major weapon to attract highly rated players is money and we have to pay the going rate or with us even better. So many on here refuse to accept that . This is the PL salaries are enormous. If we don't want to pay , we should get back in the Championship.

Surely the point of a scouting team is so you find rare hidden gems, looking in the French and German leagues for players, we are going to find there wages will be high as plenty of clubs know about those players. I'd like to see a few more signings here and there from the likes of Slavia Prague, Dynamo Zagreb, championship players, where any wage over probably 10k and 30k a week would be a wage increase.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 4

Guest Col city fan

If Soumare is earning anything like 90 k per week, he’s yet another player where the club have had their pants well and truly pulled down.

If we had any other manager, it’s my belief Soumare would have been sold already.

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If Soumare is earning anything like 90 k per week, he’s yet another player where the club have had their pants well and truly pulled down.

If we had any other manager, it’s my belief Soumare would have been sold already.

I don't think it was Rodgers who was setting his price last summer that meant Monaco were priced out of buying him

19 hours ago, Col city fan said:

any other manager probably wouldn't have been trying to play him like Wilf and realised he's more box to box

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

image.thumb.png.0e3a369261d160fd6f998b0697b5861c.png

That Leicester player in the top right next to Casemiro and Palhinha is Soumaré. He's clearly doing something right this season

Fair enough, and really it's no surprise that he can put his body about and win tackles/battles.

But the it appears to be the only thing he can do right so far. When on the ball, he's disappointing and laboured. And off the ball when teams are attacking, especially in/towards our box, he loses runners and/or doesn't track them. That's his downfall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Fair enough, and really it's no surprise that he can put his body about and win tackles/battles.

But the it appears to be the only thing he can do right so far. When on the ball, he's disappointing and laboured. And off the ball when teams are attacking, especially in/towards our box, he loses runners and/or doesn't track them. That's his downfall.

Tbf to him, we've also been fairly laboured in general. It'll be interesting to see him in a team with much more movement and pace in front of him. Having Tete, Maddison, Barnes and Nacho all moving around into channels for him may make it much easier. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Tbf to him, we've also been fairly laboured in general. It'll be interesting to see him in a team with much more movement and pace in front of him. Having Tete, Maddison, Barnes and Nacho all moving around into channels for him may make it much easier. 

I don’t know how more attacking players in front of him will help him be more switched on for runners and his lack of commitment to get back into position.

When I watched the Fulham v Chelsea game on Friday, the running by the Fulham players was great to see, they even picked up on commentary how well drilled and committed all the midfielders were.

Still don’t think the PL is the league for the lethargic Soumare.

Guest Col city fan
5 hours ago, LFox99 said:

back training already, think next week he'll be on the bench

I wouldn’t have him anywhere near the team that started yesterday. That was our best team by a mile, bar Ricardo