Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

Just now, lee7 said:

The thing that baffles me the most is his lack of effort. You can forgive poor technique, a lack of quality or making mistakes but the minimal requirement is 100% effort and to be switched on at all times. That's something i tell my son every week before he plays. 

A premier league player should not need to hear that same advice.

That is what makes me so angry. We all know Ward isnt good enough but I do think he is trying. And he isn't good enough, and that is okay, because most footballers on the planet arent good enough for prem football (it is really the club and the manager's fault Ward is in this position). But Soumare? There is talent but he acts disinterested on the field. He is lazy. He switches off.

That is Sunday league stuff. Unforgiveable in a pro footballer.

Before he got injured he was starting to show some form and potential to be the player we hoped for. He didnt have a great game today though. He looked unfit and a bit on the tubby side. It’s normal to take a few games to get up to speed but he needs to show more desire and effort that’s for sure. 

6 hours ago, adam said:

Disgusting that this bloke gets game time. Losing 2 nil and this clogger comes on and all the energy is taken out of the side. Get rid please.

...but you knew that was going to be the case!!!

Why would you bring on two players who struggle to get around the pitch over Mendy and KDH. At the time I could not fathom why he would take away the workrate in the engine room, it made no sense, but the explanation was that he needed players who could transition the ball...

Starting to get annoyed with him now. Tried to back him, give him the first season to settle in, free hit, but just doesn't look arsed in season 2. Goes missing every transfer window, apparently big wages.

C'mon UberEATS Ligue Un, come and pick your huge talent up(with a crane or offerings of a big meal).

13 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Before he got injured he was starting to show some form and potential to be the player we hoped for. He didnt have a great game today though. He looked unfit and a bit on the tubby side. It’s normal to take a few games to get up to speed but he needs to show more desire and effort that’s for sure. 

He has always had that lazy attitude.

has no awareness whatsoever.

I said after half a dozen games he was shit.

after a year I said he was still shit.

and, he’s still shit now..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rigga said:

He has always had that lazy attitude.

has no awareness whatsoever.

I said after half a dozen games he was shit.

after a year I said he was still shit.

and, he’s still shit now..

I laughed but it’s true.

He doesn’t score, assist, make many crucial tackles/interceptions and lazily jogs around the pitch.

Cut our losses this summer. 

• Thanks 1

I can usually let performances (by team or individuals) go after about a day.

But I just cannot let go of how lazy and languid he is. It's like he genuinely isn't bothered, and is just happy to amble about in the middle of the pitch, making next to no impact defensively or in attacking positions.

It's just so frustrating when players don't put in 100% effort. Win, lose or draw, you want your players to put in maximum effort for the entirety of the game or the time they're on the pitch. You just do not get that from Soumare. And if he's not putting 100% effort in, it's a detriment to the rest of the team. You become a passenger, and a liability. And if that 100% effort isn't there, or not willing to put it in there, you shouldn't be in the squad.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

But I just cannot let go of how lazy and languid he is. It's like he genuinely isn't bothered, and is just happy to amble about in the middle of the pitch, making next to no impact defensively or in attacking positions.

It's just so frustrating when players don't put in 100% effort. Win, lose or draw, you want your players to put in maximum effort for the entirety of the game or the time they're on the pitch. You just do not get that from Soumare. And if he's not putting 100% effort in, it's a detriment to the rest of the team. You become a passenger, and a liability. And if that 100% effort isn't there, or not willing to put it in there, you shouldn't be in the squad.

I just can’t articulate one CM worthy attribute that Soumare offers.

I don’t even feel comfort knowing he’ll be a menace/great defender on set pieces considering his size is his most obvious attribute over someone like Mendy.

He was a signed as a ball carrier through the midfield. 

How he was being linked to Real Madrid as a successor to Casemiro prior to joining us is beyond me. He must have been watched by a scout that was blind. He’s got the tactical sense of a lemming near a cliff and spots danger less than a child playing next to a road. At times, he looks worse than the bloke that has won a completion to play. 

Guest Col city fan
14 hours ago, StanSP said:

To be fair Stan, you’re usually Mr Neutral. The proverbial ‘fence sitter’. But you’ve made your feelings known about Soumare good and proper. 
👍

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

To be fair Stan, you’re usually Mr Neutral. The proverbial ‘fence sitter’. But you’ve made your feelings known about Soumare good and proper. 
👍

Thanks. 

I personally wouldn't say fence-sitter on neutral. 

I prefer 'rational' :D :P

with Soumare you could understand if the bloke is rusty as hell because he's not had a decent run of games etc, but as others say its like the guys isn't trying - that's what's so unforgivable.

even when players like KDH or Mendy have a shocker you can see they are trying

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think he's like Daka, we want him to do well here but he's just not that good. 

Daka at least tries and has on occasion shown he has some finishing ability.

Soumare has done nothing and put next to no effort in during his time here. People who rate him are living off one good run he made against Spurs. 

• Like 2

The main problem is that when we bought Soumare he wasn't actually a Defensive Midfielder... and neither is Tielemans btw!

Yet that's the only position I actually see them both playing...

:brendan_still:

That being said they both looked as stiff as brick walls when they came on. 

Soumare is only 23 years old though and hasn't had many run of games, so at least we will get a return on him if it doesn't work out. 

11 minutes ago, gd4foxes said:

Soumare is only 23 years old though and hasn't had many run of games, so at least we will get a return on him if it doesn't work out. 

Probably one of those where we'll actually have to cut our losses. 

This run of games thing is questionable, too. 

Had a run of games from Sept to Jan, so either side of the World Cup before he picked up an injury. 

I genuinely cannot remember him doing anything of note. I might be wrong, but he doesn't stand out as much as several other players. 

Played a hell of a lot in the first half of last season too. 

Yeah a run of games where he comes on and is playing as the only holding defensive midfielder?

Literally not what he is, but I suppose injuries and Ndidi & Mendy being off it has forced him to be played as DM.

In fact I can't really remember seeing him further up the pitch and not in our own half. Only times I have he has looked good on the turn (bit stiff but solid and sometimes quick feet) and driving in attack.

His debut he came on for Tielemans in community shield vs Many City and looked fairly solid with Ndidi behind him.

Much different from being so deep on his own and constantly having to make a last ditch tackle.

• Like 1

His biggest problem is his awareness and/or lack of football intelligence off the ball. So slow to react. Not sure its work rate because we have seen times when he has tried to put himself about and tackle. 

He is not a defensive or attacking midfielder. I guess he could be in the Tielemans mould but nowhere near good enough to be that.