Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not sure its work rate because we have seen times when he has tried to put himself about and tackle. 

I'd say it is work rate. Slow to respond mentally, and slow to get up to the speed of play, even when starting. 

His physical presence is what allows him to put himself about if he's not caught behind the play or out of position. 

We signed him as a Central midfielder who likes to drive with the ball high up the pitch.

Yet both him and Tielemans are being played together as defensive midfielder duo.

Neither of them know when to go forward and when to hold back. 

The fact he came on to replace Tielemans on his debut but now seems to replace Mendy or Ndidi as a holding midfielder. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, gd4foxes said:

We signed him as a Central midfielder who likes to drive with the ball high up the pitch.

Yet both him and Tielemans are being played together as defensive midfielder duo.

The fact he came on to replace Tielemans on his debut but now seems to replace Mendy or Ndidi as a holding midfielder. 

And he's done that once, maybe twice since he's signed. He's had chances and not taken them.

He's not good enough for this league, its really that simple. 

• Like 2

It seems to me that he would be better suited to a predominantly counter-attacking team, where there is space for him to make progressive runs and open channels into which he can make progressive passes. Brendan, in the main, likes to 'control' the game and dominate possession, and that space just isn't there for him.  Just a bad transfer all-round, with not very joined-up thinking between the recruitment team and Brendan.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Anyone seen the video taken from the stands of Sancho and Wan Bissaka passing the ball around Soumare? Genuinely embarrassing lack of effort.

Hahah it's seared into my memory. Absolutely mental that it happened in a professional football match haha

Should have snapped Monaco's hands off in the summer, we were desperate for cash at the time and chose to keep him, inexplicably.

KDH is looking like our only long term midfield option which is a huge recruitment and squad building failure.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I thought we accepted and it was him that didn't want leave. 

I don't recall that being the case (not disagreeing necessarily), he must prefer Beaumont Leys to the French Riviera and being 1st choice 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

There’s a strange infatuation with him on twitter, but I think it’s just fans trying to be contrarian.

He was a strange signing at the time and an absolutely bizarre one now.

All I can remember him doing is a nice turn at Chelsea and a funny dance at Everton.

It's to signal how knowledgeable they are by overrating esoteric bits of football

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

Should have snapped Monaco's hands off in the summer, we were desperate for cash at the time and chose to keep him, inexplicably.

KDH is looking like our only long term midfield option which is a huge recruitment and squad building failure.

Yep, it seemed like he was on his way to Monaco at one point. Hard to fathom the sudden change?

21 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Anyone seen the video taken from the stands of Sancho and Wan Bissaka passing the ball around Soumare? Genuinely embarrassing lack of effort.

Link ?? I'd love to see this 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dames said:

And he's done that once, maybe twice since he's signed. He's had chances and not taken them.

He's not good enough for this league, its really that simple. 

I think this is it for me. He’s not good enough or at least just not a good fit. I don’t think he ever will be. 

I don’t necessarily buy into the ‘he’s not trying’ calls that many on here make. He just has a languid style and it’s just that his make up is that if someone suited to a slower tempo game.

I think the scouting on this signing was way off the mark. The problem is, he’s not talentless, so our fans and maybe management will always have the feeling we can tap into something… but the reality is he probably will never suit our style. 

28 minutes ago, Koke said:

Link ?? I'd love to see this 

I don't know how I'd be able to find it again. It was a video taken by a Man United fan from behind the goal they were attacking in the 2nd half showing Sancho and Wan Bisakka passing the ball to one another. Must have made 10/12 passes back to back and he's strolling about, putting in **** all effort having only just been subbed on.

I saw it on twitter. I'll have a search later on and see if I can find it.

I seem to recall Rodgers saying Soumare was brought in to act as a hybrid between Youri and Wilf. I've always thought he's had the right attributes but unfortunately, we've generally not seen the same player as the one at Lille. There's a tendency of playing the safe pass and not breaking lines with the ball which I don't think was the case at Lille, or at least not to the same extent. It clearly comes down to confidence amongst other things, as there have been glimpses of the player Soumare can be but sadly not on a consistent basis.

4 hours ago, gd4foxes said:

Yes good points…He is an attacking midfielder, and has a lot of constraints when asked to play holding or more defensive. He more than any is being asked to play

an unnatural game for him.After I have seen his videos.

And he seems to get caught between the 2.so called boundaries.

He could play the early ( good days). Kingy roll. Not the back foot kingy.

I can forgive struggling for form, confidence and failing to settle in a different country and style of play. I have really wanted him to succeed but Sunday was nothing short of disgraceful, no work rate and no desire to affect the game. To witness a professional footballer put in such a lack of effort, have an unwillingness/awareness to track players was an insult to the club, fans and players like Wilf who were left to rot on the bench. 

That performance is the straw that broke the camels back, for a 30 minute cameos I would expect to see contributon that at least brings energy and intensity to our play, laughable we lost energy and intensity by him coming on. Complete passenger. We must look to move him on and bring in the right profile of player to complement our midfield and how we want to play. 

22 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I can forgive struggling for form, confidence and failing to settle in a different country and style of play. I have really wanted him to succeed but Sunday was nothing short of disgraceful, no work rate and no desire to affect the game. To witness a professional footballer put in such a lack of effort, have an unwillingness/awareness to track players was an insult to the club, fans and players like Wilf who were left to rot on the bench. 

That performance is the straw that broke the camels back, for a 30 minute cameos I would expect to see contributon that at least brings energy and intensity to our play, laughable we lost energy and intensity by him coming on. Complete passenger. We must look to move him on and bring in the right profile of player to complement our midfield and how we want to play. 

...I am not sure what else you would have expected bringing him on!!!

I was utterly amazed at the substitution for the two in the middle, he was just doing what he normally does, with Youri beside him we gave up our engine room.  There was nothing else those two were going to bring to the team than what we saw, it was crazy to expect any different. 

So long as there is someone doing the leg work for Soumare, he does not look so bad, but taking off KDH was a ridiculous decision.