Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

Mendy was throwing himself about, even challenging weghorst for headers, although he's a foot shorter. Soumare has the opposite attitude, plodding about looking for places to hide. He may have 1 good game out of 10, but as a DM he's behind Mendy and Ndidi. As a CM he's behind Youri and KDH. If we can get anywhere near what we paid, we should sell. There's just see no point in him being here.

• Like 2

On 21/02/2023 at 20:57, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think he's like Daka, we want him to do well here but he's just not that good. 

Daka at least gets into great positions, times his runs well and is demonstrably trying. He is in terrible form but he knows how to play as a striker.

I don't think Soumare knows his role here and doesnt seem prepared to put the work in to learn

• Like 1

He's so far off a premier league footballer.

He's not suited to this league at all. Ambles about half the time and will only do something if the ball is within a 2 metre radius.

Lack of pressing, lack of running and all around lack of ability. Not sure why we keep persisting with him as we look considerably weaker when he's on the pitch.

• Like 1

Can't make up my mind on him. One moment he's brilliant next moment completely ineffective. Think he's clearly very talented technically. Maybe when Tielemans goes he'll be able to step up, don't think he suits playing with him as neither are very mobile in terms of pace. I'm not sure Soumare is lazy, I just think he's languid in his style of play. 

£20m and I'd probably sell, but happy to keep him, too. Not done enough to be the Tielemans replacement, so we'll have to buy a CM in the summer, regardless.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

The idea of Soumare is always better than Soumare in practice

Yeah, I’m slowly coming to this conclusion. He has everything in theory, when he is on it he looks like a Rolls Royce of a player, but it’s only in flashes. Something isn’t there, be it mentally, or something else. 

52 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

of all our senior CM's he is literally the last I'd pick, that includes Choudhury (who would be 2nd last !)

Agree with this, I would not have him anywhere near our squad. Laziest player I have probably ever seen in a City shirt. I think GTF would give him a run for his money on a "how many steps have you taken on the field today challenge"

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

He's so far off a premier league footballer.

He's not suited to this league at all. Ambles about half the time and will only do something if the ball is within a 2 metre radius.

Lack of pressing, lack of running and all around lack of ability. Not sure why we keep persisting with him as we look considerably weaker when he's on the pitch.

...you have to play to players strengths, and although his it seems is somewhat obscure, pitting him alongside Youri, only seemed to emphasise his weakness more!!!

13 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I can only believe the reason the club are persisting with him is to keep his value up in an attempt to recoup some of the transfer fee. 

Fingers crossed he can hoodwink a potential buyer like he has done half of our Twitter fanbase.

Sometimes he’s got to hold the ball and sometimes give but he’s got to do it at the right time.. he can do it slowly or quickly but he’s got to get to the line. They’ll always hit him and hurt him but he’s got to defend AND attack, so the only way he’s going to beat them is by getting round the back. He can be the dangerman and so could be the master plan…

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, MPH said:

Sometimes he’s got to hold the ball and sometimes give but he’s got to do it at the right time.. he can do it slowly or quickly but he’s got to get to the line. They’ll always hit him and hurt him but he’s got to defend AND attack, so the only way he’s going to beat them is by getting round the back. He can be the dangerman and so could be the master plan…

World in Motion?

• Haha 1

Once went to a Q&A with Rob Kelly and he was asked about Gareth Williams. He said he’d scouted him previously (for Blackburn I think it was) and concluded he was a decorator as opposed to dominator of games. Think he’d have reached the same conclusion on Soumare.

12 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Fingers crossed he can hoodwink a potential buyer like he has done half of our Twitter fanbase.

They seem to think he's some sort of Yaya Toure regen. They've all gone down the rabbit hole and refuse to back out.

Soumare is honking.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dames said:

They seem to think he's some sort of Yaya Toure regen. They've all gone down the rabbit hole and refuse to back out.

Soumare is honking.

Somebody in this thread nailed it when they said the idea of him is what people love rather than the reality.