Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

Guest Col city fan
On 23/02/2023 at 09:11, Ric Flair said:

I'm still none the wiser on whether he's Amy good or not. His performance away at West Ham before the World Cup was unbelievable. He broke up play, was completely immune to being pressed, passed the ball with such variety and precision and progressed the ball up pitch from deep.

There was also very little space he'd allowed the opposition to go past him, one of his biggest weaknesses.

There were a few other performances in that good spell of games that he was doing well in.

It's a conundrum, he's better on the ball than Ndidi but if Ndidi does ever get a run of games again and show some confidence then nobody gets near him for protecting the back 4 and freeing up the rest of the midfield to go forward when in transition. Could be waiting a long time for that to ever happen again though.

He was great that day.

But it’s not enough.

Generally he’s not a Prem league standard player. He’s too inconsistent 

The obvious issue with Soumare, is his mentality.. He’s another player who doesn’t really want to be here and won’t give his all.

Unfortunate, because I was hopeful he would come good if Brendan played him in a similar position to his one at Lille. But he’s just another wrongun. Sad.

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

He's so fcuking slow lol

He's the worst type of player to watch when you're team are chasing a game or in a relegation scrap. 

So agree.

I’d go one step further and say a horrible footballer to watch full stop.

Really hope that we cut our losses on him in the summer as whether Rodgers is here or not, he’s not the answer to success in the PL.

The groan around the ground when he came on was frightening. Literally flattened an already flat atmosphere. I’ve wanted this to work, but really wish we had got rid. 

Who was he cuddling at the end. Behaving like the game didn’t matter one bit. 

Guest Col city fan
On 26/02/2023 at 15:46, Trav Le Bleu said:

Please

Never

Play 

For 

Us

Again

There are genuinely very few players who I’ve taken a dislike to in so much as I really want them out the club.

I know I bang on about Amartey but I actually quite like Dan, the man. He’s just not particularly good. 
But I really have not taken to Soumare. He appears lazy, moody and just doesn’t seem bothered. Unlike Amartey, who looks heartbroken every time a goal goes in, Soumare looks just to shrug it off and accept it. I could be wrong. He might be very bothered, he just doesn’t seem it.

I think he’s stealing a living at Leicester quite frankly. He either needs to radically get better, or leave soon.

On 26/02/2023 at 12:25, filbertway said:

Right, I saw this guy do at least 2 long sprints yesterday and he looked dead fast. Why the hell does he spend 99% of the time ambling around like he's sh*t himself when he's got good pace?

I'm sure the main issue is attitude/mentality with Bouba.

This! 

He's certainly got all the ability to be a top player in the Premier league but his attitude appears poor. 

2 hours ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

Can't stand Soumare, walked out the room when he came on in anger, was livid, can't be arsed to comment on his abilities, we all know what he is.

Bloody hell Viktor that opinion is a bit revealing, you’ve only just joined from Copenhagen and you’re posting stuff like that on a forum.

• Haha 1

It’s interesting how impressive his tackling stats are, he’s comfortably our best tackling midfielder this season. It’s a shame he switches off and doesn’t track runners as otherwise i think he could be okay for us. I’d deffo get rid in the summer tho.