Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

15 hours ago, Will1981 said:

completely useless has to go down as one of our worst ever signings, one of the laziest players I have ever seen, playing as a defensive midfielder but when we lose possession for the 3rd goal he makes zero effort to even try and get back and is still near the halfway line when the ball hits the net.

do one with Rodgers please.

...if you still believe he is a defensive midfielder that is on you!!!

If we had him and Wilf as the two in the middle it would be interesting. Wilf can stay at home, read the game and put out the fires. Soumare needs a foil, someone to do the leg work and cover attacks. If he (Soumare) is happy with what he brings then it will have to be a pretty niche appointment for him to succeed. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

If we had him and Wilf as the two in the middle it would be interesting. Wilf can stay at home, read the game and put out the fires. Soumare needs a foil, someone to do the leg work and cover attacks. If he (Soumare) is happy with what he brings then it will have to be a pretty niche appointment for him to succeed. 

It would be a disaster, Soumare is a million miles away from being good enough and Wilf seems shot it although he may discover his form. Soumare swans about with his idiotic foot rolls and is easily the laziest player in the prem.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
31 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Rejecting millions for this bloke in the summer will go down as another fantastic bit of transfer business from this football club lol

This football club has really become a joke.

We’ve gone from being a paragon of virtue to Sunderland (potentially) in a relatively short space of time.

We had success, money, a good squad, a strong team ethic, media popularity etc to a club that has done the following:

- sold our best players

- lost our best keeper by a country mile and replaced him with Ward

- made some crazy crazy signings. Bertrand surely has to go down as one of the most bizarre bits of business ever done by this club. Vestergaard, Soumare, Faes

- we’ve turned one of the hottest young strikers in Europe into a player who looks a shadow of his former self (Daka)

- we’ve made Amartey into a trembling wreck and Faes into coco the clown

- we’ve just published a shocking spreadsheet of finances for the year

- we are in a relegation dog fight

- we’ve had consistent long term injuries to players

- we’ve never replaced Evans with anyone anywhere near his standard, despite him being just about finished now.

The list of errors is longer than this, these are the main ones that came to mind. And the Board meanwhile don’t answer emails, reply to telephone calls on concern and publically don’t look like they are bothered.

It’s a bizarre turn around of events at LCFC.

If you watched the warm up before the game, Soumare was wrapped up with a full snood/scarf covering his face, a massive hat, and gloves. Not at all dressed as if he was a professional sportsman planning to play football. He then trotted around the pitch doing the bear minimum. Imagine what a manager like Sean Dyche would’ve thought of it. 

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

If you watched the warm up before the game, Soumare was wrapped up with a full snood/scarf covering his face, a massive hat, and gloves. Not at all dressed as if he was a professional sportsman planning to play football. He then trotted around the pitch doing the bear minimum. Imagine what a manager like Sean Dyche would’ve thought of it. 

Oh I'd say Dyche is thrilled with something like that. 

As he guides his new club closer to safety.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Oh I'd say Dyche is thrilled with something like that. 

As he guides his new club closer to safety.

Yeh I obvs meant if Dyche was managing Soumare in his team. He wouldn’t allow the extreme winter gear that Soumare wore during the warm up yesterday. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Just get the lazy, half hearted guy out of my club.

I can’t actually think of a player with less application playing for us.

That is worse than players who are just gash IMO.

Genuine question, for his stock is it better to keep allowing his limp performances or just keep him out of the squad? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by SafewayFox

27 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Just get the lazy, half hearted guy out of my club.

I can’t actually think of a player with less application playing for us.

That is worse than players who are just gash IMO.

Genuine question, for his stock is it better to keep allowing his limp performances or just keep him out of the squad? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have said this for months! He is the LAZIEST footballer I have ever seen, He makes Matt Le Tissier look like a bloody hard worker. Just awful - he needs to just get out of our club - imagine the rest of players motivation when he comes on - Mendy - who is a work horse and gets about - get's subbed and they see Soumare! They must be thinking "oh ffs now we have to work twice as hard" BR should be sacked just on this 1 thing alone! countless times he has started or brought on Soumare. 

3 players I just want to leave our club - Thomas (because he isn't good enough) - Amartey (just because BR loves him and I have no idea why he keeps playing him) and Soumare for the reasons stated above. 

• Like 1

Interesting how on BSLB the Euro Expert was saying how he wasn't particularly great for Lille either, largely carried by others. Doesn't shock me - tallies up with the stats I read.

Completely shit player. Turning that money down in the summer sums us up.

• Like 1

On 12/03/2023 at 18:12, funkyrobot said:

Yeh I obvs meant if Dyche was managing Soumare in his team. He wouldn’t allow the extreme winter gear that Soumare wore during the warm up yesterday. 

I would have thought being warm, keeping muscles away from the cold might be important prior to sitting on a bench for an hour….

On 12/03/2023 at 08:33, sacreblueits442 said:

Precisely. If people did a bit of research they'd perhaps find out what Soumare's best position and purpose was. They'd then also see that Rodgers has never played him there or given him that task! Like others before him, his best position has been sacrificed to fit in with Rodgers stubborn philosophy/tactics. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Precisely. If people did a bit of research they'd perhaps find out what Soumare's best position and purpose was. They'd then also see that Rodgers has never played him there or given him that task! Like others before him, his best position has been sacrificed to fit in with Rodgers stubborn philosophy/tactics. 

You fail to acknowledge Brendan's genius in recognising Bouba's latent potential in becoming a trequartista. With a few quick handclaps Brendan will transform him into a goalscoring assist machine!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Interesting how on BSLB the Euro Expert was saying how he wasn't particularly great for Lille either, largely carried by others. Doesn't shock me - tallies up with the stats I read.

Completely shit player. Turning that money down in the summer sums us up.

Yeh Euro Expert was good. It’s pretty clear that those of us waiting for Soumare to hit his mystical Lille form (that we heard about but obvs never saw) are going to have a long wait as it never really existed. One key thing we learnt from him from the BSLB podcast yesterday was a player should be judged 60% on what you see with your eyes and only 40% based on stats. Soumare was probably bought 100% from stats. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

It doesn’t matter where he is on the pitch, he is still lazy and brain dead. What would you say is his best position then? 

34 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Yeh Euro Expert was good. It’s pretty clear that those of us waiting for Soumare to hit his mystical Lille form (that we heard about but obvs never saw) are going to have a long wait as it never really existed. One key thing we learnt from him from the BSLB podcast yesterday was a player should be judged 60% on what you see with your eyes and only 40% based on stats. Soumare was probably bought 100% from stats. 

...if you went on stats, therefore you would be getting a player with impressive numbers!!!

If it was based on what you saw then you would be saying he is a must buy, but he may look good but the end product is never there.

I watched his YouTube videos and Soumare looked very impressive. His mentality  is the problem,  he does not attempt to impose himself on the game. He can take the ball in tight situations and drive forward, I  am not looking for assists or goals from him, just the ability to progress the ball by himself to the edge of the opponents box is all that we need from him.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

It doesn’t matter where he is on the pitch, he is still lazy and brain dead. What would you say is his best position then? 

Have a read of this and see what you think? He's not a defensive midfielder or a goalscoring one, however, if employed in front of someone like Ndidi similar to his last club, we might see something different from him. Then think what Rodgers has been asking of him:

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/player-analysis-boubakary-soumare/

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Have a read of this and see what you think? He's not a defensive midfielder or a goalscoring one, however, if employed in front of someone like Ndidi similar to his last club, we might see something different from him. Then think what Rodgers has been asking of him:

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/player-analysis-boubakary-soumare/

TLDR, I don’t need to read a nerd document from 2 years ago to know that he is dog shit, rolled in cat shit, sprinkled with bird shit. 

So his only strength is ball progression up the pitch. A long kick from the goal keeper or half decent pass from a centre back that comes forward quickly would cover the same distance. No player is excused from not even attempting to tackle a player and just watching them ghost by you. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

TLDR, I don’t need to read a nerd document from 2 years ago to know that he is dog shit, rolled in cat shit, sprinkled with bird shit. 

So his only strength is ball progression up the pitch. A long kick from the goal keeper or half decent pass from a centre back that comes forward quickly would cover the same distance. No player is excused from not even attempting to tackle a player and just watching them ghost by you. 

Strange that, some of the most successful clubs in Europe employ 'nerds' to study such statistics on players performances to do a particular job before buying them? I think we used to do it ourselves, Kante?

Of course, if you scrutinise the strengths of a particular player and then employ him in a different role, don't be surprised if you don't get the type of performance you want and he puts in a 'dogshit' performance. At the top level of football right player right hole is vital. 

So if Soumare's only asset is ball progression, and many successful teams have used such a non-flamboyant type of player, as he's French, think Deschamps, wouldn't it be a good idea to at least give him a bash at it? Particularly in the sort of system Rodgers thinks he's trying to employ?

On the other hand, I do agree with you about the long pass or getting the ball forward quickly instead of this incessant tippy tappy side to side and backwards nonsense. Ideally, you mix it up and do a bit of both. We found the former quite a useful tool in 2016 with Vardy on the end of it whereas by the time he gets the ball now, he's invariably surrounded by defenders and spaces to run into have gone it's so slow. You also get the feeling that Daka too may benefit from a similar approach. 

• Like 4