Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

On 12/03/2023 at 17:34, funkyrobot said:

If you watched the warm up before the game, Soumare was wrapped up with a full snood/scarf covering his face, a massive hat, and gloves. Not at all dressed as if he was a professional sportsman planning to play football. He then trotted around the pitch doing the bear minimum. Imagine what a manager like Sean Dyche would’ve thought of it. 

I think it's symptomatic of our general approach to games. I remember watching the warm up of teams like Forest and Newcastle who had coaches seemingly barking at players, putting them through drills and generally getting them in the right frame of mind. 

In comparison, our lot, particularly when Kolo was there, seemed to be having a laugh and a joke with Toure even having a game of 'let's see who can get the ball to stop nearest the sideline'! It was like a gentle game of boule in a pub garden on a lazy sunny Sunday afternoon! No intensity there and none at the start of the game. That's down to the approach of management and coaching staff. Have a look at the next home game.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if you went on stats, therefore you would be getting a player with impressive numbers!!!

If it was based on what you saw then you would be saying he is a must buy, but he may look good but the end product is never there.

I watched his YouTube videos and Soumare looked very impressive. His mentality  is the problem,  he does not attempt to impose himself on the game. He can take the ball in tight situations and drive forward, I  am not looking for assists or goals from him, just the ability to progress the ball by himself to the edge of the opponents box is all that we need from him.

The you tube highlights are notoriously unreliable eh? Basically Euro Expert who watched most of Lille’s games said Soumare looked raw and pretty average. So I’m saying Leicester must’ve looked more at his progression stats and Lille’s stats rather than watched him much -  as from the eyes of a regular watcher in Euro Expert he looked average and he was surprised that Leicester were in for him. 

On 14/03/2023 at 21:49, volpeazzurro said:

Have a read of this and see what you think? He's not a defensive midfielder or a goalscoring one, however, if employed in front of someone like Ndidi similar to his last club, we might see something different from him. Then think what Rodgers has been asking of him:

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/player-analysis-boubakary-soumare/

His heat map says it all, he basically operated in an area the size of the centre circle either side of the half way line on the left of midfield. Laziest midfielder I've ever seen.

Stands and admires his pass when we're in possession, he's still standing and admiring his pass when we've lost possession and done in transition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trooky said:

His heat map says it all, he basically operated in an area the size of the centre circle either side of the half way line on the left of midfield. Laziest midfielder I've ever seen.

Stands and admires his pass when we're in possession, he's still standing and admiring his pass when we've lost possession and done in transition.

Not comparing him as such but, if you studied Busquets heat map, you'd find that he too rarely leaves the centre circle. He excells at his job but was a very important cog in a much bigger well briefed unified wheel. He too could look lazy if deployed wrongly, with the wrong brief in the wrong team.

If and when Soumare leaves, I think we'll see him blossom in the right team. Like a number of our players under Rodgers stewardship, right player, wrong manager, wrongly deployed. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trooky said:

It was actually the the size of the hole in a polo mint 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Not comparing him as such but, if you studied Busquets heat map, you'd find that he too rarely leaves the centre circle. He excells at his job but was a very important cog in a much bigger well briefed unified wheel. He too could look lazy if deployed wrongly, with the wrong brief in the wrong team.

If and when Soumare leaves, I think we'll see him blossom in the right team. Like a number of our players under Rodgers stewardship, right player, wrong manager, wrongly deployed. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose. 

I don’t get this line of thought to Soumare’s play unless he’s also been told not to bother tracking back 

• Like 3