Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

On 18/03/2023 at 20:31, Mickyblueeyes said:

This guy is Lee Marshall levels shit. It’s just cause he isn’t named Lee Marshall that he doesn’t get beaten with the stick. He gave the ball away when his teammate was 5 yards in front of him STANDING IN FRONT OF THE GUY he ended up passing it to. 

Was Lee Marshall beaten with a stick?

I missed that club shop event. Was it Season Ticket Holders only?

28 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

If scouting departments read out forums we’d never sell anyone. We need to be more tactical with threads like ‘Hide Ward’ and ‘Hide Soumare’ 

We don't sell anyone which might mean scouts do read this forum. You may have noticed that everyone of our players has been dismissed as crap or past it on here in the last couple of years. Its all rubbish of course but some people must have a culprit for what is really collective failure.

Just now, lcfc67 said:

Unless Mendy was carrying an injury it is beyond belief how Rodgers could think that bringing on Soumare instead of Mendy was the right option. I mean BEYOND BELIEF !!

As someone suggested to me on the match thread at the time, height is the only possible reason this side of madness.  :dunno:

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

As someone suggested to me on the match thread at the time, height is the only possible reason this side of madness.  :dunno:

Yep, that's the reason and why Ndidi started ahead of Mendy in the first place. 

Sounds like Soumare played badly so we didn't gain anything from his physicality.

Been impressed with how Mendy helps us close out games. 

• Like 1

Soumare at least had a run of decent to good game ahead of the World Cup break, and he's shown glimpses of how good he can be in the matches vs Spartak Moscow and Liverpool last season. Junior Lewis didn't have the talent to begin with. 

With Soumare, I think it's a mentality issue with him more than anything. There was a big piece about him being an introvert and struggling to be away from his family last season, he doesn't seem to have the proactivity and drive to be a successful PR player. Gutted as I thought he'd turned things around with his pre World Cup form. 

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

It's such a lame policy. 

We've played essentially with no goalkeeper for 26 games, as the lad could kick a bit betterbthan a steady professional keeper.  Then satdi we opt for a tall, physical midfielder who contributed 3 fouls to put us in trouble, ahead if a lad who can play. Purely on height. 

Trying to think if a comparative. Maybe asking a 50 something well spoken male plane passenger to fly a plane ahead of a qualified female pilot, simply as the fella 'looks' like Sully from that Hudson crash and the woman looks like cabin crew 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It's such a lame policy. 

We've played essentially with no goalkeeper for 26 games, as the lad could kick a bit betterbthan a steady professional keeper.  Then satdi we opt for a tall, physical midfielder who contributed 3 fouls to put us in trouble, ahead if a lad who can play. Purely on height. 

Trying to think if a comparative. Maybe asking a 50 something well spoken male plane passenger to fly a plane ahead of a qualified female pilot, simply as the fella 'looks' like Sully from that Hudson crash and the woman looks like cabin crew 

It’s not a policy, it was theory, cannot think of any reason to play Bouba other than he is that tall and Papy is not. You comparison is weird, maybe if the man had a pilots uniform on and the more qualified lady did not?  :dunno:

I have never seen anything that tells me he is or will be a PL player. Odd cameo moment against lower league opposition beyond that nothing. The argument that he is bigger physically than Mendy is nonsense since he cannot use it. Someone needs to show me his qualities and as long as Rodgers keeps playing him it reduces my belief in Rodgers.

• Like 1

Even our twitter fans that were obsessed by him have mostly seen the light now. As the Euro expert said on the BSLB podcast, this lad was hiding behind over inflated stats and better players. 

Needs binning in the summer, even if its on a free. 

22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s not a policy, it was theory, cannot think of any reason to play Bouba other than he is that tall and Papy is not. You comparison is weird, maybe if the man had a pilots uniform on and the more qualified lady did not?  :dunno:

I was agreeing with you. I think that was indeed Rodgers'thought process..

I was just (trying) to say that thought process of Rodgers' was flawed. I trust talent and workrate over physicality all day long.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was about to post in the Tete thread to say that we should take stats in Ligue 1 with a pinch of salt after us signing Soumare fresh from the 2020/21 league champions, but looking back I realise his actual numbers were shit even in that team.

I'm not sure exactly what he did in that league winning Lille team. Claims he had favourable stats are a myth. He played 32 games for them in a 38 game season in the DM position. He doesn't even register in the top 50 of leaderboards for interceptions or tackles that season, which is his job, he did nothing in attack (one goal, three assists all season)... which leads me to believe he was a passenger for them who got away with it in a league with far less pressing. Yet he was apparently the answer to our shaky defensive midfield... because vibes I guess?

What on earth was Rodgers smoking bringing him in at any price, let alone for £20 million?! Behind Ryan Bennett, he's got to go down as the clearest example of how our now former manager's eye for a player was absolutely honking.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, OntarioFox said:

I was about to post in the Tete thread to say that we should take stats in Ligue 1 with a pinch of salt after us signing Soumare fresh from the 2020/21 league champions, but looking back I realise his actual numbers were shit even in that team.

I'm not sure exactly what he did in that league winning Lille team. He played 32 games for them in a 38 game season in the DM position. He doesn't even register in the top 50 of leaderboards for interceptions or tackles that season, did nothing in attack (one goal, three assists all season)... which leads me to believe he was a passenger for them who got away with it in a league with far less pressing. Yet he was apparently the answer to our shaky defensive midfield... because vibes I guess?

What on earth was Rodgers smoking bringing him in at any price, let alone for £20 million?! Behind Ryan Bennett, he's got to go down as the clearest example of how our now former manager's eye for a player was absolutely honking.

This is one of the only things I'll defend Rodgers in. He didn't want him.

I remember listening to a podcast with one of the itk journos (might have been Tanner but can't remember). And he said Rodgers never rated him and the club really had to convince him to agree to buy him. It's also why when he signed he didn't play much to begin with.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Guesty said:

This is one of the only things I'll defend Rodgers in. He didn't want him.

I remember listening to a podcast with one of the itk journos (might have been Tanner but can't remember). And he said Rodgers never rated him and the club really had to convince him to agree to buy him. It's also why when he signed he didn't play much to begin with.

If that's true, fair enough. But nobody was forcing Rodgers to play him this season - he's cost us every time he's played. If his continued involvement was some sort of twisted message from Rodgers to the board, then I think that proves the measure of the man. I'm glad we're free of him at last - now let's hopefully get rid of this waste of money in the summer too!

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Will be amazed if he ever plays for us again

I think this forum has tried to give him a fighting chance and to play on his strengths.

But to date, let’s have it right, he’s been a fookin appalling signing 

2 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

I'm not sure exactly what he did in that league winning Lille team. Claims he had favourable stats are a myth. He played 32 games for them in a 38 game season in the DM position. He doesn't even register in the top 50 of leaderboards for interceptions or tackles that season, which is his job, he did nothing in attack (one goal, three assists all season)... which leads me to believe he was a passenger for them who got away with it in a league with far less pressing. Yet he was apparently the answer to our shaky defensive midfield... because vibes I guess?

He was never signed as a DM and was absolutely not a DM for them either in the traditional sense. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

If that's true, fair enough. But nobody was forcing Rodgers to play him this season - he's cost us every time he's played. If his continued involvement was some sort of twisted message from Rodgers to the board, then I think that proves the measure of the man. I'm glad we're free of him at last - now let's hopefully get rid of this waste of money in the summer too!

This. We don't know exactly how much (or how little) influence BR had on transfer dealings. But choosing to play him so often has to be a black mark on his judgement.

1 minute ago, SkidsFox said:

This. We don't know exactly how much (or how little) influence BR had on transfer dealings. But choosing to play him so often has to be a black mark on his judgement.

We do know Rodgers had his mate Congleton was leading the signings tho - which is why I find this 'I didn't want him' story hard to believe 

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

We do know Rodgers had his mate Congleton was leading the signings tho - which is why I find this 'I didn't want him' story hard to believe 

The podcast was a while ago. But if you read the article from Percy today: he's one of the players he says Rodgers didn't want in the squad.

The way it was explained was: the club had been tracking Soumare for a few seasons. And Rodgers wasn't keen. But I think other targets fell through so he relented and agreed to buy him.

Whatever he was signed for is now history, he is simply nowhere near EPL or Championship level and l cannot believe that any manager would play him other than 🤡 (l refuse to name him again).

He must be sold or loaned out if no one will pay money for him.