Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

5 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Always been lenient on Soumare because personally, I think it's hard to judge players in a new league, sometimes they need time to adjust, took Messi a good few months to start performing for PSG for example. Given there could have been a bedding in period, and the fact he played for a Brendan Rodgers Leicester team in massive decline, I felt like he needed to be given the benefit of the doubt, he's been awful for us overall with a few standout performances, but if we can get this version of Soumare for the rest of the season, we will have a fantastic chance of staying up. 
He was absolutely carrying the midfield today given how bad Tielemans was on multiple occasions, and once we brought a few players on to help him protect the midfield, it allowed Soumare to show us what he's made of, and by god it was a joy to watch. 
Absolutely class today, best player on the pitch with Soyuncu very close behind him. 
Masterclass. Keep the faith in this lad.

....noticeable that in the last winnable match game against Bournemouth, it was the two players that was deemed superferlous to the team, Tete and Soumare who seemed to really want it more!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

I’m not sure why, but I just don’t think I can be impressed by Bouba, thought he was great in the build up to the 2nd goal, but genuinely didn’t think he was particularly good today, which based on everyone else’s views seems crazy.

Maybe I’m being disproportionate with my frustration of that 20/25min spell Smith was talking about after their goal, where we just couldn’t handle their shape. Players getting in huge gaping holes in our midfield.

67506749-7EAC-416E-B21F-1D1858C6F92D.jpeg

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan

Hold my hands up.

Yesterday I thought he’d run out of gas second half and would have to be subbed.

He bloody didn’t and kept going to the end.

Best performance in a City shirt imo.

5 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Open your eyes mate

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Hold my hands up.

Yesterday I thought he’d run out of gas second half and would have to be subbed.

He bloody didn’t and kept going to the end.

Best performance in a City shirt imo.

But to be honest he did have a stinker of a first half. Plus even in the second half he did lose possession quite often but yes it was his best half of football he's had with us. There were moments where he was brilliant. Few and far between but he did have them moments. 

I think we've all just seen him be so so poor that even a glimmer of him proving he's a footballer and we will get all happy about it! 

• Sad 1

He made key contributions yesterday in a midfield that was getting over run in the first half. He was far better than Tielemans yesterday, and he had a role in creating two chances that I remember (one being the pass to Kristiansen that led to the goal). 

Well played and keep it up Bouba! I do think there’s a real player in there, and hopefully we’ll start to see it now.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

44 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Great strength and ball dribbling today especially in the second half. 

I'll take the performance with a pinch if salt though, first half he was quite poor in giving the ball away, poor first touch and positioning when wolves were pressing.

eh, he was basically a one man midfield with the way Tielemans was pressing forward, not gonna hugely criticise positioning when he's expected to cover 3 players on his own

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

eh, he was basically a one man midfield with the way Tielemans was pressing forward, not gonna hugely criticise positioning when he's expected to cover 3 players on his own

Agreed and Tielemans was imo our worst player by a country mile, a bloody liability in fact the way he kept giving the ball away and how slow in thought and movement was he! In his defence he's had a longish period out but nevertheless, he could easily lose us games. 

Amazing how in the second half, when Soumare was played more in the role he played in France, he started to shine. He's far more comfortable when not playing as a defensive midfielder and behind an attacking one.

• Thanks 1

I didn't think he was good enough or but yesterday he showed up.

I would love to see him do that more consistently, looked strong, broke up play, made some great runs and passed the ball with accuracy. 

If he can play with the same mentality and put the work in, he will actually become the player we thought we signed from Lille when he joined.

That ball carrying down the left during the second half was probably a glimpse of why he was signed. He used his physique to hold off a very determined defender and overall seemed to have more focus and determination. Keep it up Bouba, still time to win me over. 

10 hours ago, MalletFox said:

I’m not sure why, but I just don’t think I can be impressed by Bouba, thought he was great in the build up to the 2nd goal, but genuinely didn’t think he was particularly good today, which based on everyone else’s views seems crazy.

Maybe I’m being disproportionate with my frustration of that 20/25min spell Smith was talking about after their goal, where we just couldn’t handle their shape. Players getting in huge gaping holes in our midfield.

I see where you’re coming from, but I think it’s my underlying feeling that I don’t trust him based on previous performances.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brenfox said:

I agree. Apart from the last 15 minutes I thought he had another stinker. Him & Daka were terrible. Strange but so many people thought he was great.

He was a bit quiet in the 1st half, but not poor, and was one of our best players in the 2nd half.