Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Agreed and Tielemans was imo our worst player by a country mile, a bloody liability in fact the way he kept giving the ball away and how slow in thought and movement was he! In his defence he's had a longish period out but nevertheless, he could easily lose us games. 

Amazing how in the second half, when Soumare was played more in the role he played in France, he started to shine. He's far more comfortable when not playing as a defensive midfielder and behind an attacking one.

Agree. But I think that Youri probably wasnt fit enough for the game, and hence played poorly. If Madders was not I’ll, I think that Youri may not have started.

• Like 1

Just now, Big Dave said:

Agree. But I think that Youri probably wasnt fit enough for the game, and hence played poorly. If Madders was not I’ll, I think that Youri may not have started.

Yes I think you're absolutely right and if Madders is fit for the next game, should replace him. Even though there are question marks over Maddison's fitness perhaps, the position he plays in is also far less likely to cause us problems than the one an unfit Tielemans occupies. 

His best game in a Leicester shirt by a mile, his powerful dribble and pass to Nacho was reminiscent of his days at Lille.

Never seen him play with this much energy under Rodgers when he looked paralyzed with fear.

Maybe it was the responsibility of not having Maddison in the team and gave him the freedom and confidence to play and not just lay off 5 yard passes.  Hopefully he can keep it going to the end of the season with Maddison back in the team.

Edited by trooky

10 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

given how not a winger Daka is, I'm pretty sure that Madders was supposed to be starting over him

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

given how not a winger Daka is, I'm pretty sure that Madders was supposed to be starting over him

Yeah 100%. Madders would have been in the team over Daka, not in place of Youri.

30 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

eh, he was basically a one man midfield with the way Tielemans was pressing forward, not gonna hugely criticise positioning when he's expected to cover 3 players on his own

Yes Youri was poor too but I think it was more down to the starting line being unbalanced by Smith. There's lots of space in the middle of the park until KDH came on for the second half. 

Credit where it due he did some great things yesterday but I wouldnt still trust him in a 2 man midfield in a relegation battle imo just yet 

Needs to put the 2nd half performances in week after week before we build that statue.

Soumare by the way.....

That's the players some, including myself, have said is in him. Rodgers admitted on more than one occasion, that he was trying to mould him into a different type of midfielder. He was allowed to play his own yesterday. A couple of wayward passes and moments of lackluster effort aside (and even at that I think I'm being harsh because the more I think about it I can only note one occasion in the 2nd half) he was outstanding, especially when you consider 90% of his performances for us so far. 

18 minutes ago, trooky said:

His best game in a Leicester shirt by a mile, his powerful dribble and pass to Nacho was reminiscent of his days at Lille.

Never seen him play with this much energy under Rodgers when he looked paralyzed with fear.

Maybe it was the responsibility of not having Maddison in the team and gave him the freedom and confidence to play and not just lay off 5 yard passes.  Hopefully he can keep it going to the end of the season with Maddison back in the team.

This is bang on. Maddison as much as he is class, he is not a leader, the pointing and complaining when a pass doesn't come directly to him must be crippling to the confidence of our more fragile/sensitive players.

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Soumare by the way.....

That's the players some, including myself, have said is in him. Rodgers admitted on more than one occasion, that he was trying to mould him into a different type of midfielder. He was allowed to play his own yesterday. A couple of wayward passes and moments of lackluster effort aside (and even at that I think I'm being harsh because the more I think about it I can only note one occasion in the 2nd half) he was outstanding, especially when you consider 90% of his performances for us so far. 

More genius from Rodgers and the recruitment team, let's spend 20m on a midfielder and try to turn him into a different type of midfielder. Why not buy the type of midfielder that you want for 20m.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Seriously, who was that guy in 42 yesterday?? It can't be the Soumare, that we have seen over the last 2 seasons surely. He actually won balls by running, he played passes only Maddison and Tielemans usually are capable of and had running with the ball moments not seen since prime Yaya Toure. Dafuc??

I have always been a bit annoyed, when all fingers pointed at our S'hampton two when explaining our transfer failings, when this guy was signed for more and is rumoured to be among the highest eaners at the club. He has been stunningly woeful so far in his Leicester career.

If he really had it in him all the time, the fingers must yet again point towards Rodgers for not getting anywhere near the best out of his players.

I still need to see Sourmare perform like this consistenly, but this performance was extremely promising.

I’ve given him enough grief so it’s only fair to give him praise, great game yesterday but let’s hope it’s not a flash in the pan.

That pass in the move for the goal was incredible considering he was off balance.

Imagine you've built a career on a certain style or "way of working", then you change jobs (move clubs) and get asked to not do the things that made you successful.   

Suddenly, you are having to consciously decide how to operate, you are no longer doing it on instinct.  

This is essentially what Rogers was asking. Not to make those runs, probably not to get in advanced positions etc. 

If this is soumare, now being given the licence to operate in a way that is natural to his game, then we "may" see more of this in the future. 

Hopefully so! 

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Countless times I've had a go at him for being so lazy at any part of the game, but that's one thing I cannot accuse him of yesterday.

He was tracking back, putting tackles in, much more physical in trying to win the ball and definitely not shirking his responsibility. He seemed to have license to drive forward a bit more, both on and off the ball. 2-3 runs forward helped take pressure off our defence but also start attacks - the through balls to Iheanacho for his chance and Kristiansen for the goal were good bits of play.

You could tell he just felt more comfortable in his game. Maybe Smith was clearer with instructions and gave Soumare more clarity on his role, not to be too restricted by playing too defensively but be the link for defence and attack. 

Sounds like he’s much more suited to playing higher up the pitch. 
Not exactly a free role, but seems he’s better without the defensive responsibility. 
His a massive unit, something we’ve been crying out for, for years. 
Hopefully he now starts to have a bigger impact on games. 

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

He’s an exciting prospect, just needs consistency and a new DM next to him and we’ll suddenly control games 

He could be the creative player to replace Youri.

With Ndiddi of old alongside him in the defensive role.

That would give us Height Pace and Strength in midfield, Something we haven't had for a while.

After almost two years of doing his best to impersonate Junior Lewis yesterday's performance was prime Yaya Toure. An absolute beast in the centre of the park, players bouncing off him, driving runs with the ball, and some sensational passing at times. Where has this Soumare been hiding. I'm hesitant to say this what with it being only one game, but if this is the Dean Smith effect and he can consistently give us even 60% of what we saw yesterday then he may well have a good future ahead of him at the club. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Soumare by the way.....

Just bizarre that old manager, if you want a different type of midfielder buy one I'm the first place.

25 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

After almost two years of doing his best to impersonate Junior Lewis yesterday's performance was prime Yaya Toure. An absolute beast in the centre of the park, players bouncing off him, driving runs with the ball, and some sensational passing at times. Where has this Soumare been hiding. I'm hesitant to say this what with it being only one game, but if this is the Dean Smith effect and he can consistently give us even 60% of what we saw yesterday then he may well have a good future ahead of him at the club. 

Heh, I was just about to say, he's gone overnight from being Junior Lewis to Zinedine Zidane!!!

• Haha 1