Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

13 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

Have it on very good authority (Chief scout for another Prem League team) Soumare will be one of the first out in the transfer market and has been offered around already which is why the conversation arose.

Has fallen foul of Brendan due to his attitude, obstinate behaviour, laziness and unwillingness to do as he is asked during training.

Brendan has very much lost his patience with him. (Understatement) apparently.

If true, I'm  guessing Southampton.

5 hours ago, Supergray22 said:

I think you are right. I thought he showed a lot of promise early on. But if those rumours above are true he will be moved on as we know how stubborn Brendan can be and bouba possibly wants away as well. If he does put him in the shop window for a few of the remaining EPL matches I hope he does well and changes a few opinions. 

I don’t know how stubborn Brendan is…

but I bloody hope he is…

17 hours ago, bmt said:

Not criticising your information but if I was trying to flog a player to other clubs I wouldn't let on he has an "attitude, obstinate behaviour, laziness and unwillingness to do as he is asked during training", I'd probably just say we didn't expect KDH to step up so much. Seems weird another team's scout, who we presumably have offered him to, would know that 

I’m sure Tielemans was hammered by the Monaco coach for being lazy, didn’t stop us from signing him.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, KFS said:

That’s why Pearson would scout the player and his mentality. What a **** up 

Whether we are BR out or in, buying a player in the modern era is a sophisticated business so verifying their mentality 100% would have been on their radar among a huge range of other aspects.

Either it was misjudged or they knew what his mentality was like and took him on a known risk anyway.

• Like 1

A friends lad got into wasps academy.  I asked if they had talked to the lad.  He said no they just watched him play. 

This is madness... how do they know the lad has an.open mindset or is trainable v arrogant.

I used to hire a lot of people... besides job skills  I started to evaluate conscientiousness, acumen, resilience and grit.  Why wouldnt you?

Similarly  I cant believe we are buying players with a bad attitude... how can that ever work?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

A friends lad got into wasps academy.  I asked if they had talked to the lad.  He said no they just watched him play. 

This is madness... how do they know the lad has an.open mindset or is trainable v arrogant.

I used to hire a lot of people... besides job skills  I started to evaluate conscientiousness, acumen, resilience and grit.  Why wouldnt you?

Similarly  I cant believe we are buying players with a bad attitude... how can that ever work?

Did you have a 100% success rate though? In our business we have interview stages where one would determine attitude, fit etc. This did us quite well until the pandemic and these had to be done remotely. We subsequently had 2 candidates who seemed to have good attitudes but subsequently didn't work out for us. At the time we interviewed one of these guys in particular, we knew that they were leaving their previous business for various reasons but we were happy with his reasoning. Ultimately, he just had a poor attitude and we learned the hard way.

I don't know much about football recruitment, but i don't see how our usual workplace processes really fit. Ultimately, many of the best players have what we would consider shitty and disruptive attitudes. Also, football needs to cater for cultural scenarios that don't often happen in our work places. A club will take on players who could be moving from the other side of the world and have no interest in learning english etc, players having entourage, agents etc . I imagine the biggest factor is ability and they would hope that the rest could be dealt with.

There maybe no smoke without fire here, but it's just a forum post so i'm not going to read too much into it. Football is a very fickle business. If he's fit, there is a chance Soumare will be playing on Sunday. If by some chance he has an amazing game, then Brendan will probably have him in the starting 11 for the rest of the season!

Edited by jamesp26

Remember the first time I watched him at Burton in pre-season. Thought to myself then that he was a touch clumsy and didn’t work particularly hard… and that has continued to be the case most times he has played. It’s a shame because on the face of it he was an exciting signing.

3 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

They've got a good set up at Wasps.

Hopefully he'll make it into the starting line up for minutes, as I'm not sure they've got a bee team.

Edited by Weller Wing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, jamesp26 said:

Did you have a 100% success rate though? In our business we have interview stages where one would determine attitude, fit etc. This did us quite well until the pandemic and these had to be done remotely. We subsequently had 2 candidates who seemed to have good attitudes but subsequently didn't work out for us. At the time we interviewed one of these guys in particular, we knew that they were leaving their previous business for various reasons but we were happy with his reasoning. Ultimately, he just had a poor attitude and we learned the hard way.

I don't know much about football recruitment, but i don't see how our usual workplace processes really fit. Ultimately, many of the best players have what we would consider shitty and disruptive attitudes. Also, football needs to cater for cultural scenarios that don't often happen in our work places. A club will take on players who could be moving from the other side of the world and have no interest in learning english etc, players having entourage, agents etc . I imagine the biggest factor is ability and they would hope that the rest could be dealt with.

There maybe no smoke without fire here, but it's just a forum post so i'm not going to read too much into it. Football is a very fickle business. If he's fit, there is a chance Soumare will be playing on Sunday. If by some chance he has an amazing game, then Brendan will probably have him in the starting 11 for the rest of the season!

We were growing very quickly and started to make hiring mistakes... we eliminated these mistakes.   I would do it again. 

As far as footballers are concerned then if you are buying a player for development then I would certainly look at attitude, grit and mindset

Edited by foxinsocks

It seems the human way to f**k up an effective system - it's usually down to ego. I've encountered so many situations where a fresh manager (not just football) has come in with the intention of creating a workplace that reflects his (or her) ambitions and personality.

These people don't have the customer (we fans) or the company (our club) as their priority. It's self-promotion. Back in the 60s - 80s, Liverpool had a system where the managerial successor had spent a long development within the club (the Boot-Room system). It ensured continuity and a strong awareness of the club ethos and it was incredibly successful.

With Vichai and Top we have continuity and a social ethos. We have a development scheme in place which has produced Premier level players. Unless Barnes, Choudhury and KDH are just a coincidence, City has a process in place to circumvent paying huge sums for 'punts' and, by god, haven't we paid for some painfully inappropriate recruits. We could all list them - the result of less-than-thorough scouting. 

What we need is continuity and an attempt to create a permanent 'Leicester Way'.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KFS said:

A player’s views that he kept under cover until a playoff game and giving a shit in training are very different things 

The post I replied to was stupid and just useless slander on both Rodgers and Soumare. 

Bizarre to even bring Pearson into this debate. 

Is it even true that Soumare ‘doesn’t give a shit’? Whole thing is ridiculous 

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Christ, just check and he's not been in the squad at all for so long. Something is definitely up for such a promising young player to not even make the bench for over a month

Was on the bench vs Roma

43 minutes ago, gerblod said:

It seems the human way to f**k up an effective system - it's usually down to ego. I've encountered so many situations where a fresh manager (not just football) has come in with the intention of creating a workplace that reflects his (or her) ambitions and personality.

These people don't have the customer (we fans) or the company (our club) as their priority. It's self-promotion. Back in the 60s - 80s, Liverpool had a system where the managerial successor had spent a long development within the club (the Boot-Room system). It ensured continuity and a strong awareness of the club ethos and it was incredibly successful.

With Vichai and Top we have continuity and a social ethos. We have a development scheme in place which has produced Premier level players. Unless Barnes, Choudhury and KDH are just a coincidence, City has a process in place to circumvent paying huge sums for 'punts' and, by god, haven't we paid for some painfully inappropriate recruits. We could all list them - the result of less-than-thorough scouting. 

What we need is continuity and an attempt to create a permanent 'Leicester Way'.

The boot room worked, until it didn't. The modern game needed a different approach. Whilst we all agree that nurturing young talent is a big priority, we will still need to buy developmental players to bolster the squad. Doing so comes with risks though. No club has anything like a 100% recruitment success.  At our level, we are going to have to admit that some will work and some won't. It will be interesting to see what happens with Soumare, and don't always believe a forum rumour. Remember a couple of months back, it was a shoe in that Brendan was getting the sack.

27 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

The post I replied to was stupid and just useless slander on both Rodgers and Soumare. 

Bizarre to even bring Pearson into this debate. 

Is it even true that Soumare ‘doesn’t give a shit’? Whole thing is ridiculous 

Well this is heavily projecting.

1. I didn’t slander Rodgers or Soumare. Just making the point that it’s a **** up of a signing if something as basic as ‘he doesn’t train well or listen’ is the feedback from THE MANAGER.

2. Why bring Pearson into it? (I won’t use debate as no one is debating anything). Simple logic really, we never heard stories about bad trainers under the infrastructure he had in place. 

3. It may or may not be true but clearly dropping him for so long and the classic ‘personal issues’ line make it much more believable than not.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KFS said:

Well this is heavily projecting.

1. I didn’t slander Rodgers or Soumare. Just making the point that it’s a **** up of a signing if something as basic as ‘he doesn’t train well or listen’ is the feedback from THE MANAGER.

2. Why bring Pearson into it? (I won’t use debate as no one is debating anything). Simple logic really, we never heard stories about bad trainers under the infrastructure he had in place. 

3. It may or may not be true but clearly dropping him for so long and the classic ‘personal issues’ line make it much more believable than not.

Do you realise how many different factors there are when signing a player? It’s a bloody long and arduous process, you’re not going to get all of them right. Not saying Rodgers recruitment has been fantastic but believe me there are a LOT of steps involved that would include character checks. If there were any red flags about laziness or lack of engagement in France it would’ve been discussed. Or, perhaps he’s just behaving like that here because he’s unhappy, unsettled, homesick or whatever. 

In response to Pearson, that was a different time where not every single thing at our club got over-analysed like it does in the prem. plus, NP VERY private compared to BR. 

If you seriously believed we had a squad of 25 under Pearson that were all completely perfect, well behaved and model professionals then I assume you haven’t been involved in football too long. 

Just seems like as per usual individuals, you in this instance, are using it as an excuse to slate BR. Boringgggg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I don’t know why people get so irate and emotional about transfers not working out. We never have and never will have a perfect record with signing players, no club in the world will 

Manager bashing tactic I assume. :dunno:

49 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Do you realise how many different factors there are when signing a player? It’s a bloody long and arduous process, you’re not going to get all of them right. Not saying Rodgers recruitment has been fantastic but believe me there are a LOT of steps involved that would include character checks. If there were any red flags about laziness or lack of engagement in France it would’ve been discussed. Or, perhaps he’s just behaving like that here because he’s unhappy, unsettled, homesick or whatever. 

In response to Pearson, that was a different time where not every single thing at our club got over-analysed like it does in the prem. plus, NP VERY private compared to BR. 

If you seriously believed we had a squad of 25 under Pearson that were all completely perfect, well behaved and model professionals then I assume you haven’t been involved in football too long. 

Just seems like as per usual individuals, you in this instance, are using it as an excuse to slate BR. Boringgggg

All of this is complete shit, sorry.

The original post said that Brendan came to this assessment of Soumare, who he thinks is lazy. No one had said the signing is Brendan’s fault, rather the infrastructure that we had under Pearson was different and looked for different things. That could be Congerton for all you or I know.

Bizarre thing to get irate over really.

25 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I don’t know why people get so irate and emotional about transfers not working out. We never have and never will have a perfect record with signing players, no club in the world will 

.....once a player signs for your club, you do become invested into them emotionally and otherwise!!!

You set out to back that player, believing that he is going to give 100% every time he represents us.

Every signing has the chance not to work out, but we all hope it does.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

I don't know about 'emotional' (and leaving aside Soumare for the moment) but  our transfer dealings are critical to a club like ours, we have built  our success on making profits in the transfer market and investing it wisely (for the most part) in new talent.  That's how we managed to challenge the top four. however, we can't afford to sign a dud and just write it off like Man Utd could so if a signing fails it's a big deal.  I guess we're only ever one or two bad windows away from relegation.

Personally I can't understand people that shrug when we waste our budget or say "well it's not my money".

• Like 4