Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

Guest Col city fan

Thought he did well again.

He lost the ball a couple of times, but made up for it by winning some key tackles and his work rate has increased by one million per cent under Smith.

Had another good game.

19 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I've slagged him off so much on here. Thought he was very very good tonight. Uses the ball well and put a real shift in. Where the ****s this Bouba been hiding?

He had shown glimpses in Europe and that West Ham game last season but he never showed it consistently. That said he never got a good run and his body language wasn’t great. That article has thrown a bit of light as to the reasons why. Let’s hope he continues to shine and gains more confidence that he can succeed in this team and league. Everyone wants to be successful and be the best they can be. 

• Like 2

Find it hard to explain how, but he just suits Smith’s current attitude of completely taking the handbrake off.

Perhaps his lethargy in the past was a result of the dull football Rodgers was having us play and Bouba just generally suits us when we’re giving it a right good go.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

he's a beast. where has this bouba been? like one corner second half, hammered clear and he is going like a freight train after it, pressing it on the half way line before anyone else has cleared the box, the bouba under Rodgers wouldn't have done that and would only just be reaching the half way line now 

Pretty sure that was Nacho

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

No, I think it was Nacho who headed the corner clear and Bouba was then hunting the Leeds player down in possession. Atleast that’s the occasion I’m picturing.

that's the one I mean yea, Soumare is definitely the one pursuing the clearance like a man possessed 

• Like 2

His mistakes today were actually due to being over eager. The one where he got caught under the ball for example, he was just desperate to get there first and start progressing us forward. I'm sure will disagree, but he's our best progressive passer of the ball. I get the impression that his 'A Game' is levels above the rest of our midfield. 

• Like 2

I’ve slated him this season because of what we have all seen.  

He has been playing really well in parts but it seems so easy for him to slip into being lazy and making stupid mistakes. 

The last two games he has been really good and attacking or completely incompetent, sometimes within the same passage of play. Hopefully he doesn’t make too many  mistakes so close to our goal and continues looking to drive forward.

We basically need a taller, stronger version of Mendy to go next to him in the summer. A holding midfielder who's decent in the tackle but can keep things ticking over in possession too, allowing Soumare to carry the ball and roam. We're a bit open playing him and Tielemans together, but I think it looks our best partnership currently. 

Edited by Pete52
  • Like 1