Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

I get the impression he needs a lot of encouragement and coaching through games sometimes. You’d think the great second half performances against Wolves and Leeds were as a result of the coaching staff getting into him at half time. Still very raw but there’s 100% a brilliant player in there once he brings it all together.

Guest Col city fan
38 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

I get the impression he needs a lot of encouragement and coaching through games sometimes. You’d think the great second half performances against Wolves and Leeds were as a result of the coaching staff getting into him at half time. Still very raw but there’s 100% a brilliant player in there once he brings it all together.

It looks like you’re spot on here.

Some players have the confidence to not really need much coaching (being natural leaders etc). 
Soumare definitely looks like he needs an arm around the shoulder and a friendly conversation to get the best out of him.

Such is management. Tailoring approaches to different people and situations.

7 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

I actually thinks he just needed to feel "trusted" to play his natural game. 

Rodgers has such a rigid, technical, system, that means players didn't break the lines, certainly not in the middle of the park. 

I think we are now seeing Soumare's natural game and he isn't second guessing whether he should be carrying the ball, or looking for a pass, or being in a certain space. 

He plays on instinct. 

Noticed this a lot with Faes now as well

Both against Wolves and last night he has started going on really strong forward runs

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Noticed this a lot with Faes now as well

Both against Wolves and last night he has started going on really strong forward runs

one of which was terrifying when he lost the ball near the end of the game! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pete52 said:

We basically need a taller, stronger version of Mendy to go next to him in the summer. A holding midfielder who's decent in the tackle but can keep things ticking over in possession too, allowing Soumare to carry the ball and roam. We're a bit open playing him and Tielemans together, but I think it looks our best partnership currently. 

Skhiri on a free 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Another fairly decent game again, seeing so much more of his bursting runs and strength.

It felt at times he was our only midfielder on  the pitch.

I jinked him saying how comfortable he now looks and he gave the ball away with led to a dangerous attack deep in the second half.

One mess up is still miles better than what he was before. He’s looking decent.

• Like 3

Happy with his game again today, putting himself about a bit more. 

But that moment when he just watched the ball in the air and their player just came along to head it or control it lol lol

Classic Bouba. 

• Like 1

I thought he done quite well again. It just seems at the moment though that our midfield are all playing as individuals rather than as a team. There are times when they are all over the place, and it makes us so easy to play through. They look so disorganised.

51 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I thought he done quite well again. It just seems at the moment though that our midfield are all playing as individuals rather than as a team. There are times when they are all over the place, and it makes us so easy to play through. They look so disorganised.

I thought he did well too. He still managed to be strong and influential despite picking up an early yellow. Second time he has done that in recent games. We looked overrun in midfield. Playing madders in midfield alongside a misfiring Wilf, blowing Tielemans and quiet barnes leaves us a bit short of steel in there. KDH or Mendy may feature but we may need to rethink shape to achieve this. Kel being unavailable doesn’t help. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

It felt at times he was our only midfielder on  the pitch.

I jinked him saying how comfortable he now looks and he gave the ball away with led to a dangerous attack deep in the second half.

One mess up is still miles better than what he was before. He’s looking decent.

If he had help rather than chubby chops Tielemans whose main job I think was to stand around pointing, he may do even better?

• Like 1

I've been one of his biggest critics and couldn't see the point of signing him. However the last 3 games have been much improved and dare I say it, I love watching him. He's most definitely not the problem at the minute, it's others around him.

• Like 3

Much improved other than spell in second half when made a few mistakes straight after each other. But we don't have a system or players around him to make use of his strengths. Quick passing and touches are generally ok, drives forward but sometimes takes too long. Offers no defensive protection though. 

I've never been impressed with him. Mainly because of the fact he never looked arsed and seemed to jog about the pitch. The last couple of games he's been the complete opposite.

Clearly something has changed. It's been great watching him actually moving and wanting the ball, especially when at times the rest of the midfield is so static. There's a good player in there and we are maybe seeing glimpses of it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

I've never been impressed with him. Mainly because of the fact he never looked arsed and seemed to jog about the pitch. The last couple of games he's been the complete opposite.

Clearly something has changed. It's been great watching him actually moving and wanting the ball, especially when at times the rest of the midfield is so static. There's a good player in there and we are maybe seeing glimpses of it.

I reckon Rodgers threw the cloak of   „cautious“ around the midfield…who have been totally confused not what left or right is,but frontfoot backfoot.

Then told the word press,was something journo‘s worked for..

• Like 1

Biggest issue is he can't sense danger defence wise and is reactive rather than proactive. Will never make a 4 and has the attributes to be a very effective 8 but that isn't always how we play so he sort of ends up between two stools. There is a player in there somewhere for sure but never a CDM for me

• Like 2