Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

8 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

Biggest issue is he can't sense danger defence wise and is reactive rather than proactive. Will never make a 4 and has the attributes to be a very effective 8 but that isn't always how we play so he sort of ends up between two stools. There is a player in there somewhere for sure but never a CDM for me

He is like the all-seeing-eye compared to Tielemans at the minute though. 

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I've been one of his biggest critics and couldn't see the point of signing him. However the last 3 games have been much improved and dare I say it, I love watching him. He's most definitely not the problem at the minute, it's others around him.

I'm reminded of how Rodgers talked about wanting a Ndidi-Youri hybrid when he signed Soumare which is wild given that's not what Bouba is, and like, if you want a specific type of midfielder, go out and buy that type, rather than an entirely different one to redevelop his game (like we're not going to replace Maddison by calling up Lee Cattermole and asking if he fancies another crack at the prem). Doesn't excuse the lack of effort but putting a round peg in a round hole shouldn't be this surprising (unless you're a £10m p/a elite coach :whistle:)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ramadaone said:

Biggest issue is he can't sense danger defence wise and is reactive rather than proactive. Will never make a 4 and has the attributes to be a very effective 8 but that isn't always how we play so he sort of ends up between two stools. There is a player in there somewhere for sure but never a CDM for me

Totally agree with you on this.  As soon as we went to 4231 yesterday, he seemed to disappear from the game entirely. 

He is definitely much more "box to box" but he will never be a CDM in the premier League.  

That being said, he could be the engine room when tielemans goes.  (I'm not suggesting he is tielemens class btw)

I was keen on seeing an improved Bouba staying in the starting line up but his lack of football brain means he can’t start another game for us.

He was simply taking people out all game due to his lack of intelligence on the pitch.

Such a shame as would have loved a retribution story but another one for the bin.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/05/2023 at 18:28, The Doctor said:

I'm reminded of how Rodgers talked about wanting a Ndidi-Youri hybrid when he signed Soumare which is wild given that's not what Bouba is, and like, if you want a specific type of midfielder, go out and buy that type, rather than an entirely different one to redevelop his game (like we're not going to replace Maddison by calling up Lee Cattermole and asking if he fancies another crack at the prem). Doesn't excuse the lack of effort but putting a round peg in a round hole shouldn't be this surprising (unless you're a £10m p/a elite coach :whistle:)

...the strange thing is that it has been said that Rodgers did not want him and he was brought in against Rodgers's wishes!!!

https://talksport.com/football/1428193/

Boubakary Soumare hails Dean Smith’s ‘galvanising’ impact and doesn’t accept Leicester are heading for relegation
EXCLUSIVE
Jake Lambourne
19th May 2023, 10:52 am Updated: 19th May 2023, 10:52 am
Leicester star Boubakary Soumare has praised manager Dean Smith for ‘galvanising’ the team as he stressed the players are confident they can still beat the drop.

The Foxes travel to Newcastle on Monday sitting in 19th spot knowing relegation from the Premier League could be on the cards.

Soumare has praised the impact Smith has had on the Leicester squad since his arrival

That would only happen if the East Midlands outfit fail to win at St James’ Park and 17th-placed Everton beat Wolves at Molineux on Saturday.

But despite fear amongst the Leicester fans, former Lille midfielder Soumare doesn’t accept the club are doomed to go down with two games left to play.

Soumare has been a key player for Leicester this season, featuring in 24 top-flight matches – five more than he managed last campaign.

And the 24-year-old, who has started the last five games under boss Smith, has praised the ex-Aston Villa manager for his impact on the squad.

Since Smith replaced Brendan Rodgers in the dugout on a deal until the end end of the season, they have won one out of six fixtures – drawing two and losing three.

Though two of their defeats were against Manchester City and Liverpool, while they were on the wrong end of an eight-goal thriller away at Fulham.

Speaking to talkSPORT.com about what their new manager has brought to the club, Soumare said: “Dean Smith has certainly helped with galvanising the team.

“He’s given us strength to continue and with more confidence – certainly with his preparation for matches.

“But also, let’s not forget we were all in a fairly tough situation when he arrived.

“So I would say having Dean Smith here has been definitely an opportunity for us.”

Soumare has admitted the campaign so far has been tough, but stressed that his teammates are refusing to give up hope of survival.

H”It’s been quite difficult and complicated in certain ways in terms of the results that we’ve obtained.

“There are some difficulties amongst what we have managed to achieve so far.

“However, there is still the possibility of achieving certain goals and one of those is certainly maintaining our place in the Premier League.”

Asked whether the players are still confident of staying up, Soumare stated: “Of course, it’s completely possible with two matches to go, this is football.

“Anything can happen, it’s still within our grasp, so of course there is that feeling amongst the players.”

And the former France youth international has vowed Leicester will show ‘no fear’ against high-flying Newcastle in what promises to be a hostile atmosphere.

He said: “Newcastle are certainly in a good phase, they’re on a good run of matches and they’ve got a good team.

“However, this is football, and as we know anything can happen in a game.

“It’s important for us to go there and show no fear and put in a good performance, so we’ll see what happens.”

Leicester’s last game of the season will come against West Ham at the King Power Stadium.

I thought he was in his own dream world on the pitch but it looks like he's there off the pitch as well.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Soumare is one of the first players I want to go. I can't believe we didn't sell him last summer when we had the chance. He's epitomizes everything wrong with us. bang average player, on big money, doesn't take any pride in the shirt

i wouldnt even say he's bang average. he's proper shit

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's a sad exposure of what our fans actually tolerate. Just lied to time and time again and we sit there clapping it on.

Dunno, during the Pool game Soumare let the ball run between his legs and some guy nearby shouted, ''he's  Shite, get  him off!'' and that was some of the more polite stuff being said.

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

https://talksport.com/football/1428193/

Boubakary Soumare hails Dean Smith’s ‘galvanising’ impact and doesn’t accept Leicester are heading for relegation

Leicester star Boubakary Soumare has praised manager Dean Smith for ‘galvanising’ the team as he stressed the players are confident they can still beat the drop.

The Foxes travel to Newcastle on Monday sitting in 19th spot knowing relegation from the Premier League could be on the cards.

That would only happen if the East Midlands outfit fail to win at St James’ Park and 17th-placed Everton beat Wolves at Molineux on Saturday.

But despite fear amongst the Leicester fans, former Lille midfielder Soumare doesn’t accept the club are doomed to go down with two games left to play.

Soumare has been a key player for Leicester this season, featuring in 24 top-flight matches – five more than he managed last campaign.

And the 24-year-old, who has started the last five games under boss Smith, has praised the ex-Aston Villa manager for his impact on the squad.

Since Smith replaced Brendan Rodgers in the dugout on a deal until the end end of the season, they have won one out of six fixtures – drawing two and losing three.

Though two of their defeats were against Manchester City and Liverpool, while they were on the wrong end of an eight-goal thriller away at Fulham.

Speaking to talkSPORT.com about what their new manager has brought to the club, Soumare said: “Dean Smith has certainly helped with galvanising the team.

“He’s given us strength to continue and with more confidence – certainly with his preparation for matches.

“But also, let’s not forget we were all in a fairly tough situation when he arrived.

“So I would say having Dean Smith here has been definitely an opportunity for us.”

Soumare has admitted the campaign so far has been tough, but stressed that his teammates are refusing to give up hope of survival.

“It’s been quite difficult and complicated in certain ways in terms of the results that we’ve obtained.

“There are some difficulties amongst what we have managed to achieve so far.

“However, there is still the possibility of achieving certain goals and one of those is certainly maintaining our place in the Premier League.”

Asked whether the players are still confident of staying up, Soumare stated: “Of course, it’s completely possible with two matches to go, this is football.

“Anything can happen, it’s still within our grasp, so of course there is that feeling amongst the players.”

And the former France youth international has vowed Leicester will show ‘no fear’ against high-flying Newcastle in what promises to be a hostile atmosphere.

He said: “Newcastle are certainly in a good phase, they’re on a good run of matches and they’ve got a good team.

“However, this is football, and as we know anything can happen in a game.

“It’s important for us to go there and show no fear and put in a good performance, so we’ll see what happens.”

Leicester’s last game of the season will come against West Ham at the King Power Stadium.

I stopped reading the article once I read Soumare has been a key player for Leicester, that was just too much for me 😂

• Haha 1

'No fear'?

That's certainly easier said than done as they looked absolutely terrified against Liverpool and Fulham and, definitely for moments against Everton and Leeds.

I've accepted we're going to be wide open and extremely fragile against Newcastle. Only a couple of superhuman performances by Iversen and the forwards taking almost all their chances and half-chances can save us, I think.

The crazy thing is, I still think we can do it.

As for Soumare, I think he's played his best football for us in the last few games and doesn't look anywhere near as lax as he did under Rodgers. But, he's still very far from being a 'good' PL midfielder. If we can get something for him in the summer, we could do with the cash to go towards the rebuild.

13 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

'No fear'?

That's certainly easier said than done as they looked absolutely terrified against Liverpool and Fulham and, definitely for moments against Everton and Leeds.

I've accepted we're going to be wide open and extremely fragile against Newcastle. Only a couple of superhuman performances by Iversen and the forwards taking almost all their chances and half-chances can save us, I think.

The crazy thing is, I still think we can do it.

As for Soumare, I think he's played his best football for us in the last few games and doesn't look anywhere near as lax as he did under Rodgers. But, he's still very far from being a 'good' PL midfielder. If we can get something for him in the summer, we could do with the cash to go towards the rebuild.

If he's played his best football in the last few games, that just shows how poor he really is. I genuinely don't think he would get into my Sunday league side. He looks lost most of the time. 

It's the lack of effort he shows, last week against Liverpool I didn't see him sprint, he Jogs and walks. I was saying to the chap next to me how slow and ponderous BS looked, just as the ball rolled past him and he started walking, the guy next to me just laughed as I lost my shit. 

It's the same old thing said time and again, once Newcastle do the obvious I wonder what the massaging will be, we worked hard but it wasn't meant to be.

There are so many frustrations, and decisions, that wont / shouldn't be difficult, for Top, to be made, to improve our situation and it has to start post Newcastle, and not stop till the start of the championship, we are a mess and by far the 2nd weakest, and least well run club in the Prem, we ultimately deserve what we get, let's hope they've learned from it, appoint some decent people who know what they're doing, and recruit players who want to be here, a sense of pride, fit and keen, who dont spend their free time working out how much more money they can earn from doing the minimum, and move on.