Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

15 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Never seen this bloke hold a conversation with anyone and now he’s popped up on talksport giving a full interview 

just unbelievable stuff 

Right? I’ve never even seen him communicate on the pitch lol 

17 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

I struggle to understand how a relatively new signing, who has rarely featured and not had a proper run of regular games, is suddenly the scapegoat.

The likes of Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy, Faes, Castagne etc have all been regular starters, the supposed experience of our team, the ones who should be the 'Leaders' and the spine of our side. Why do they constantly avoid blame?

Soumare joins Thomas, KDH, Daka and Iheanacho as players who are given stick, despite not being part of the regulars who are underperforming the most. Rodgers really has done a good job at directing the blame at others, and that includes away from his 'favourites'.

Soumare has been our best midfielder under Smith, it's no surprise to see his comments above as it's clear to all of us that we've seen spells in games where we're improved, but that was always going to be the case given how unfit we're and that can't be changed in a few weeks.

He has featured more than enough to show us how bad a signing he was. He doesn’t get any credit with me for being very slightly better than the shocking Ndidi and Tielemans recently. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

So what are we thinking then? Loan back to France with us paying a % of his wages?

Neither he nor Barnes was on the bench either...

Thomas also away, but we know he was given extra time off after international duty.

It was a surprise not to see him as he was used in the first game. So yes, I think you might well be right.

27 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Can't tell you how much it pisses me off that players like Soumare will have been sending their agents straight into Rudkin's office to say they aren't playing in the Championship. Not that i want to keep him.

But the way professional footballers wash their hands with clubs because of their failures is unbelievable. No professional pride whatsoever clearly. I absolute detest most this squad. Never felt like this about any Leicester team, ever. 

Hang on, have I missed something?

• Like 1

It’s a shame really as he’s shown there’s a bit of a monster player in there and he was classy in Ligue 1. 

If Enzo can get the best out of him it’s worth keeping him especially with how much we have already shelled out on him, we will lose a fortune on him now. 

Can see him going elsewhere abroad and finding his form again. It has Kramaric written all over it. Although Kramaric was never as bad as the lows Soumare reached.

Edited by cityfanlee23

I don't know why but I'm still clinging to the fact that I think Soumare could be a very good player for us. 

It's clear to everyone that he certainly didn't live up to hype but since he's arrived there have been flashes of what he can do, although they have been very few and far between. But, having said that, I think he's another victim of Rodgers rigid arrogance. He definitely is not the players Rodgers thought and/or wanted him to be. He's not a "pivot" nor is her a defensive midfielders, to use my extensive knowledge of Football manager he's not a deep lying playmaker.

If I'm honest, I'm not sure what he is, but he does look best with the ball at his feet. I'm sure he'll be another our of the door pretty soon, but if he isn't then I'm still blindly optimistic that he'd fit well into this attack formation of 3241, I just worry where he'd fit into the defense formation of 4231

8 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

It’s a shame really as he’s shown there’s a bit of a monster player in there and he was classy in Ligue 1. 

If Enzo can get the best out of him it’s worth keeping him especially with how much we have already shelled out on him, we will lose a fortune on him now. 

Can see him going elsewhere abroad and finding his form again. It has Kramaric written all over it. Although Kramaric was never as bad as the lows Soumare reached.

When has he shown that ? He can’t pass a ball FFS 

28 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

When has he shown that ? He can’t pass a ball FFS 

Football is all about opinions and in my opinion Rodgers tried to make him into the type of player he isn't. He's not a pivot type player and Rodgers tried to play him as that and give him more defensive duties. 

He has shown flashes of what he can do when driving forward. I'm not saying he's a great player, none of us have seen that often enough, some never at all, but I am saying he's not as bad as some make out, he was just poorly managed and used completely wrong.

I'm certain he'll be gone somewhere, but if he isn't a new manager and s fresh start might see us talking more positively about him 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'll be annoyed if we had the chance to sell him for £15m + add ons last summer and we faffed about and then rejected it and Monaco moved on, to then only loaning him out this summer.

DO I NOT LIKE THAT!

Story of last summer for a number of player.

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Football is all about opinions and in my opinion Rodgers tried to make him into the type of player he isn't. He's not a pivot type player and Rodgers tried to play him as that and give him more defensive duties. 

He has shown flashes of what he can do when driving forward. I'm not saying he's a great player, none of us have seen that often enough, some never at all, but I am saying he's not as bad as some make out, he was just poorly managed and used completely wrong.

I'm certain he'll be gone somewhere, but if he isn't a new manager and s fresh start might see us talking more positively about him 

Can’t pass , his positioning is awful, he gets over run too easily, questionable stamina

Yes he was poorly managed … by signing him 

and

yes he is used wrongly … he shouldn’t ever leave the bench again 

he is Awful