Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

Really hoping there is concrete interest in him and we are close to agreeing a deal to move him on. There may well be a beast of a player in there but sadly for whatever reason I don’t think we will see that in a Leicester shirt, I don’t think he has the work rate to suit the demands of English football, if there is a chance to shift him I hope it can be done this week and provide necessary funds and squad space for us to bring in player(s) who can prosper in this style. 

Soumare has ALL the attributes to be good but for whatever reason based on two seasons of football, his negatives far outweigh his positives (Wolves last season).

Similarly to someone like Gray, I just feel that you’ll often be a lot more frustrated than pleased with him so for all parties it’s best to move him on.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

If I'm honest, I'm not sure what he is, but he does look best with the ball at his feet. I'm sure he'll be another our of the door pretty soon, but if he isn't then I'm still blindly optimistic that he'd fit well into this attack formation of 3241, I just worry where he'd fit into the defense formation of 4231

...in a 4-2-3-1 he would play with a stay at home DM!!!

5 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Can’t pass , his positioning is awful, he gets over run too easily, questionable stamina

Yes he was poorly managed … by signing him 

and

yes he is used wrongly … he shouldn’t ever leave the bench again 

he is Awful 

This is bang on unfortunately.

The Championship obviously lacks in quality, but teams will be well organised and energetic.

He will be just as terrible one level down, I’m sure of it. His worst game last year was probably Blackburn at home - They ran all over him that night. Says it all really.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Soumare has ALL the attributes to be good but for whatever reason based on two seasons of football, his negatives far outweigh his positives (Wolves last season).

Similarly to someone like Gray, I just feel that you’ll often be a lot more frustrated than pleased with him so for all parties it’s best to move him on.

Every single one. Other than legs, desire and ability to track his man/sense danger.

46 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Every single one. Other than legs, desire and ability to track his man/sense danger.

The legs one is harsh - no player looked conditioned like a PL player last season under Rodgers and co.

Smith implied how unfit the squad was when he came in.

Perhaps, I should rephrase my post as meant physically he has the attributes to be a decent CM but has too many flaws mentally as you stated, hence why I said it’s best to cut our losses.

There's always players in every team that just don't fit in. They can be world beaters elsewhere but in a certain club at a certain time it just doesn't work out. We've got it with Soumare and (probably) Daka. I'm sure Daka will move on and get a hatful in Turkey or Germany or wherever he goes, Soumare will turn into prime Iniesta as soon as he heads back to France. There's not a single City fan who thinks they'll be useful here.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rigga said:

Fans still clinging in to the fact he may be decent for us..

we’ve had 2 years of dross from him.

a player that shows absolute no willing from within.. you can not teach or  coach that. He’s a liability

I don’t particularly have an opinion either way on him but it’s not unreasonable that people are willing to give him another chance if he stays around. He’s another that we have not seen play other than a time under Rodgers with the squad in terminal decline. There’s clearly attributes there, he was great in France. Definitely not a ‘pub league player’. Perhaps not suited to the English game would be fair. 

I don’t you’ll find many if any who are gutted to see him go. But there are many who can see the bigger picture and like I say, would not boo him into the pitch if he stays and see whether what we were seeing under Rodgers is the real Soumare or not!

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Would absolutely love him to come good and silence some of the needless abuse to be honest. The glimpses he's shown would be absolutely fantastic doing the role Ndidi was given against Northampton. A confident Soumaré carrying the ball forward in those channels mirroring KDH is pretty much how he helped Lille to the title. 

I absolutely cannot deny he's been inconsistent-to-poor and his well documented home sickness isn't exactly a help. I imagine he'll go but it is a shame, think he'd fit in with Enzo's vision pretty well whilst I just think he was very poorly suited to Rodgers. 

No He is poor and will be regardless of the manager.Although Rogers brought out the worst in him. Better suited to slow pace football,France or portugese. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

No He is poor and will be regardless of the manager.Although Rogers brought out the worst in him. Better suited to slow pace football,France or portugese. 

I mean he's not poor though, you can argue whether he doesn't fit into this team/this countries leagues but that's very different to saying he's poor. 

• Like 3

Never looked properly PL fit to me,  like quite a few in the last two years, after BR had lost interest. Guess Enzo will soon suss out who is unfit and/or just not good enough. Think a fully fit Soumare may just not have the football wits to be good enough for the battle ahead.

28 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Sorry hes poor, for a signing for the Premier league or the championship for that matter he is poor.

Thanks Brendon!

Would probably be OK in Scotland or Sunday League Division 1

I reckon he’d probably be the best player in Sunday league division 1, just a hunch. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Would absolutely love him to come good and silence some of the needless abuse to be honest. The glimpses he's shown would be absolutely fantastic doing the role Ndidi was given against Northampton. A confident Soumaré carrying the ball forward in those channels mirroring KDH is pretty much how he helped Lille to the title. 

I absolutely cannot deny he's been inconsistent-to-poor and his well documented home sickness isn't exactly a help. I imagine he'll go but it is a shame, think he'd fit in with Enzo's vision pretty well whilst I just think he was very poorly suited to Rodgers. 

He couldn’t do the basics properly so the system excuse doesn’t really hold up. 

If our forwards would often run all the way back to help defend yet he would still jog around and watch players pass by without an attempt to close down shows he is lazy or has zero awareness. 

He made a few tackles and a few runs which came to nothing in games where it was so dire a slide tackle was the most exciting thing to happen. 

The basic minimum I expect from a midfield player earning tens of thousands a week is to bust a gut to track back when the opposition are threatening our goal. For the super talented players an exception can be made due to what they bring offensively but those players are few and far between. No doubt Soumare has some ability but he has rarely got out of second gear during his time with us. 

• 3 weeks later...