Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Decent run down the right first half but much the same apart from that, still thinks he's got more time than he has on the ball.

Haven’t seen anything from him to suggest he should be a regular first teamer

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I think he still deserves a chance when it suits us. He could yet come good, plenty of players have taken a full season and more to come good, but I must admit I'm struggling.

At least today we saw some flashes of what we hoped he would be. It doesn't help that we have generally been poor either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Right now - he's not, but there is plenty of talent there and i thought he had a good first half in particular. It seems stupid to judge off one game when he's barely featured for ages. If he can get some regular minutes, i think he will come good.

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Did you see the game today?

Obviously. I recall one positive burst down the right - the best thing he’s done since Spartak away - but lots of scrappy, lazy play, in particular one incident when he was fully in control in the centre circle and got dispossessed because he was completely oblivious of all around him.

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

Obviously. I recall one positive burst down the right - the best thing he’s done since Spartak away - but lots of scrappy, lazy play, in particular one incident when he was fully in control in the centre circle and got dispossessed because he was completely oblivious of all around him.

Wasn’t obvious at all not if that was your take on his involvement in the game.

Much improved especially when you consider he must be well short of match fitness.

6 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Wasn’t obvious at all not if that was your take on his involvement in the game.

Much improved especially when you consider he must be well short of match fitness.

You are entitled to your opinion. But if you honestly believe, after all the evidence to the contrary over the course of the season, that Soumare is capable of adding something really positive to this team that is not there already, then I admire your powers of wishful thinking.

Just now, Hammo said:

You are entitled to your opinion. But if you honestly believe, after all the evidence to the contrary over the course of the season, that Soumare is capable of adding something really positive to this team that is not there already, then I admire your powers of wishful thinking.

Discussion on another thread about how Liverpool generally don’t play foreign players in their first season over here, Wenger used to do the same.

I have t been that impressed with Soumare or Daka but I’m hopeful they’ll look like different players next season.

I and most others saw an improvement in his game today and are happy to give him credit for it.

3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Discussion on another thread about how Liverpool generally don’t play foreign players in their first season over here, Wenger used to do the same.

I have t been that impressed with Soumare or Daka but I’m hopeful they’ll look like different players next season.

I and most others saw an improvement in his game today and are happy to give him credit for it.

‘I and most others’ is an unsubstantiated claim.

I just looked at the player ratings thread and he averaged 5.2. If that warrants the word ‘improvement’, then I guess that kind of validates my original point.

16 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Biggest issue though is if we don’t qualify for Europe when are we going to play Soumare and Daka to allow them to develop? Klopp and Wenger both always used Europe and European rotation to blood players into the team.

If we just go back to playing 1 game in the league a week, we’re really not going to see much game time for your 3rd choice striker or 4th choice centre mid like and the large amount of rotation and larger squad we’ve had the past 2 seasons this season just isn’t going to be used.

Seen that with Arsenal this season too. Outside your first 14 or 15 players you just don’t get to get much game time if you’re not in Europe.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Biggest issue though is if we don’t qualify for Europe when are we going to play Soumare and Daka to allow them to develop? Klopp and Wenger both always used Europe and European rotation to blood players into the team.

If we just go back to playing 1 game in the league a week, we’re really not going to see much game time for your 3rd choice striker or 4th choice centre mid like and the large amount of rotation and larger squad we’ve had the past 2 seasons this season just isn’t going to be used.

Seen that with Arsenal this season too. Outside your first 14 or 15 players you just don’t get to get much game time if you’re not in Europe.

This is the reality for me.

Throw in a languid central midfielder with little game time equals an expensive mistake.

Taking a small hit whilst he still has that Lille reputation and going back to the well seems the best bet.

The reality is that he‘ll never be a Premier League midfielder. He does some decent bits but he just isn’t up to scratch physically, always seems to need just a little bit longer on the ball than he actually has.

He would probably do alright in Spain, Italy or back to his comfort zone in France. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Dames said:

The reality is that he‘ll never be a Premier League midfielder. He does some decent bits but he just isn’t up to scratch physically, always seems to need just a little bit longer on the ball than he actually has.

He would probably do alright in Spain, Italy or back to his comfort zone in France. 

Agreed. He’s got “back in France within the next two years” written all over him. He’s Leicester City’s own Ndombele.