Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Everton (A) - Weds 20/04 (7:45pm KO) - Pre-match Thread

10 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Surely he’ll take KDH and Tielemans out for this one

kasper Ricardo Fofana Evans Castagne Mendy Choudhury Maddison lookman Albrighton Iheanacho

can't see him resting both KDH and Youri in the same match but could rest one midweek and the other next weekend. 

4 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Hope we'll finally see some more of our first XI in a league game. Really sick of watching our reserves week in week out in the PL.

Why? We're midtable with bigger fish to fry this season.

Was more sick watching us play the first 11 twice a week and picking up an injury every game. 

• Like 1

Who knows…. I get why Brendan doesn’t want to go full strength in the league and focus on the ECL, but we need to ensure we keep momentum going. Lose this one as well and it might allow some of that uncertainty creep back into our play. I’d like us to go full strength and win the game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Can’t keep playing Tielemans and KDH into  the ground. We know what will happen.

We're really short in midfield, but better the rest them for a game or two, than lose them for numerous games going forward. Hamza starting one game is better than a knackered KDH starting and then getting injured and Hamza having to start every game until the end of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Can’t keep playing Tielemans and KDH into  the ground. We know what will happen.

Yeah pretty obvious yesterday. Understand his dilemma but they need resting. Choudhury has to play and there’s no harm now giving one of the accomplished like Braybrooke a game now. We did it with Tavares last season. 

for the integrity of the league we would be better having Everton and villa the other way around 

for those of us finding the idea that Everton could go down - hilarious !

also not overly keen on playing the first team players against a side fighting for their lives but as you saw for Westwood yesterday, the most innocuous challenges can lead to horrendous consequences……

22 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

we should Concentrate in put own goals

I had a go at re-arranging this into an intelligible sentence

Concentrate ... we should put own goals in.

probably not what you meant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

I had a go at re-arranging this into an intelligible sentence

Concentrate ... we should put own goals in.

probably not what you meant.

Total balls up even with check... If should have read...

"We should  First concentrate  on Scoring ourselves" .... 

I just Repeated the same sentence and again...   "put own goal"  Popped up

I do Swap between German & English " Qwerty & Qwertz, Keyboards and often too lazy to change when Blogging across different Countries sites...

So if I Dont check the check, or even when corrected, when I send it , it occasionally still reverts to wrong suggestion...

I have Now IPAD, so I Hope such errors wont appear..

..Though the way I Play with English, wont change..

This was sent on my old android tablet..

.Now I am off to actually take some tablets ...

:frantics:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Still can't believe there's fans wanting us to lose every week just as long we beat Roma. This mentality will get you nowhere. Imagine Liverpool sacrificing 2 or 3 cups just to try for the league. Try and win every game. These are pants let's go for their necks 

24 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

To rest some midfield I'd go 352 for this. So sue me.

Schmeichel

Fofan Evans Soyuncu

Ricardo Mendy Maddison Castagne

Perez Iheanacho Lookman

Mendy and Maddison a midfield 2?? Wow that's a no no. Especially as Allan or Delph and whichever donkey thy have in midfield will try and kick us off the park.

On 17/04/2022 at 18:16, Shane said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Fofana

Evans

Castagne

Braybrooke

Mendy

KDH

Maddison

Iheanacho

Lookman

...KDH looked out on his feet on Sunday!!!

We need to take him out the team, it is short term thinking to continue to drive  him this way. Braybrooke just not quick or strong enough at the moment to handle this level of football. We could bring in Thanawat to work in the midfield three, the physicality and workrate should not be a problem. 

This will be similar to the game at Goodison just before Athletico Madrid in 2017.

Unpopular as it will be If the need arises for Roma perhaps Vestergaard could be called upon.

Tielemans needs to be dropped/rested for this one. I love what he has done for us and can live with the prospect him moving on but patience is wearing a bit thin at present.

KDH needs a rest too.

I'd start Perez and Nachoman. Nachomans hold up play could be invaluable in this one.

Go for the win by all means but we need to be right for Europe. We've been burned too often since Covid struck so we need to be wary.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 1

Schmeichel

Fofana            Evans

Ricardo                                                 Castagne

Hamza              Mendy
                               Maddison
Perez                 Nacho               Lookman

Give the defence, Maddison & Nacho a run out pre-Roma, then go with most of the team from Newcastle vs Villa. It's the only way to keep that balance between freshness & match sharpness.

• Like 1

Won't happen but wouldn't mind seeing a diamond with Maddison just behind Nacho and Daka. At this point in the season I think it's worth trying new things and I'd like to see that front two develop a partnership. As I say, it won't happen though!

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FosseSpark said:

To rest some midfield I'd go 352 for this. So sue me.

Schmeichel

Fofan Evans Soyuncu

Ricardo Mendy Maddison Castagne

Perez Iheanacho Lookman

Papers on the way..expected court appearance end of May..

Bring papers for house,boat ,car,and don’t forget your holiday home & next seasons season-ticket..

I will leave you,your  dog,wife,kids,cat and Goldfish…And to be Kind your secret-escape in London..:whistle:

• Haha 3