Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Everton (A) - Weds 20/04 (7:45pm KO) - Pre-match Thread

I’d use Evans and Fofana here and go back to the B-pair on the weekend.  Better to keep those two synched playing together and they should be fine with a week before Roma.

Midfield is tougher.  I suppose you can rest KDH in one match and Tielemans in the other - though the way Tielemans is playing at the moment I’m not sure it matters.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Total balls up even with check... If should have read...

"We should  First concentrate  on Scoring ourselves" .... 

I just Repeated the same sentence and again...   "put own goal"  Popped up

I do Swap between German & English " Qwerty & Qwertz, Keyboards and often too lazy to change when Blogging across different Countries sites...

So if I Dont check the check, or even when corrected, when I send it , it occasionally still reverts to wrong suggestion...

I have Now IPAD, so I Hope such errors wont appear..

..Though the way I Play with English, wont change..

This was sent on my old android tablet..

.Now I am off to actually take some tablets ...

:frantics:

Don't worry! None of us can make head-nor-tail of your posts anyway!!

(and long may they continue...)

• Haha 1

Since the beginning of the Football League our record against Everton is worse than against any other side - I even remember a 7-1 defeat at their place. Also they have a lot to play for (we don't) and they will want to restore a bit of pride, too. We seem to have reverted to being crap at corners (please Kasper - leave your line when its an easy catch in the 6 yard box) so I can only see a heavy defeat from this one. Sorry. I hope I'm wrong.

11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Total balls up even with check... If should have read...

"We should  First concentrate  on Scoring ourselves" .... 

I just Repeated the same sentence and again...   "put own goal"  Popped up

I do Swap between German & English " Qwerty & Qwertz, Keyboards and often too lazy to change when Blogging across different Countries sites...

So if I Dont check the check, or even when corrected, when I send it , it occasionally still reverts to wrong suggestion...

I have Now IPAD, so I Hope such errors wont appear..

..Though the way I Play with English, wont change..

This was sent on my old android tablet..

.Now I am off to actually take some tablets ...

:frantics:

I had not realised you were posting in a second language!   It will make me read your posts in a different way.

39 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Since the beginning of the Football League our record against Everton is worse than against any other side - I even remember a 7-1 defeat at their place. Also they have a lot to play for (we don't) and they will want to restore a bit of pride, too. We seem to have reverted to being crap at corners (please Kasper - leave your line when its an easy catch in the 6 yard box) so I can only see a heavy defeat from this one. Sorry. I hope I'm wrong.

I remember that 7-1 was after Matt Gilles left. Horrible. 

• Like 2

We have been better recently until we did enough individual errors to balls up at Newcastle (do their fans really have to watch that boring gumption every week while saying how things are much more exciting under Eddie Howe Can I Make Us More Boring?).

But we have not had a proper controlled performance for ages.   I want to see us concentrate and cut out the individual errors.  If we do, we win by two clear goals.   If we don't,  who knows?

Pretty fatigued with this league campaign tbh. Constant stop start form and bottling leads combined with the injury list and how much better the Conference League games have been are making it very difficult to get excited about the prospect of losing 0-2 to a dreadful Everton side.

11 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Have we? I suppose Newcastle's first goal sort of counts from a set piece but it was a bizarre individual error rather than evidence the team have become rubbish at them again.  I was at Brentford and Palace and we were much improved. PSV we seemed ok, and apart from Kaspers mistake we seemed ok against Newcastle as well.

Teams will still score at corners. Being better doesn't mean it will never happen again. 

• Like 1

Amartey has looked poor to me in recent weeks, I wonder if him being rotated has actually stunted his form but either way he's looked the worst CB of the 4 we've been playing. Soyuncu has still looked pretty good and he's still the best defender we have at launching fast attacks with his long range passing, it's not something we HAVE to have in the team bit it does provide a great option and I noticed vs Palace that combine that with a strong front 3 pressing and it's very difficult for the opposition to play their game they want to play.

At least one of Fofana or Evans and/or Soyuncu please. 

• Like 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Amartey has looked poor to me in recent weeks, I wonder if him being rotated has actually stunted his form but either way he's looked the worst CB of the 4 we've been playing. Soyuncu has still looked pretty good and he's still the best defender we have at launching fast attacks with his long range passing, it's not something we HAVE to have in the team bit it does provide a great option and I noticed vs Palace that combine that with a strong front 3 pressing and it's very difficult for the opposition to play their game they want to play.

At least one of Fofana or Evans and/or Soyuncu please. 

Mix and match for the next two I reckon.

It's time to start bringing a few of the academy prospects onto the bench, look at the boost it gave Alves playing in that cup match. A few more and it will really help them kick on next season I feel. We can name 9 subs so there's no excuse really.

7 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I’d use Evans and Fofana here and go back to the B-pair on the weekend.  Better to keep those two synched playing together and they should be fine with a week before Roma.

Midfield is tougher.  I suppose you can rest KDH in one match and Tielemans in the other - though the way Tielemans is playing at the moment I’m not sure it matters.

I think this is a the way to go. We are weighing up the probability of getting injured through overplaying with the probability of loss of form/partnerships through not playing. This is then weighed up with the effect this has on results. It’s a tough choice and one that you will be damned if you do damned if you don’t. I’d play the best team until it really is obvious that they are over tired or show likelihood of injury or making an existing problem worse. Take them off when they are tiring and bring on subs. Of course you have to take into account the ability of the opponent and the importance of the game and those following.  
Tielemans is in poor form and seems not to be giving everything. I’m not sure this is true as he seems to be one of those players who needs lots of games to show his best. Nobody knows better than the club who see and monitor them everyday. I’m also on board with those who say if a player doesn’t want to play for the club then sod them and play somebody who does. 

Our away form is my only concern at the minute, we've proven even when rotating that at home we can put in some high energy, dominant performances and our results at home have been excellent. Away is still somewhat poor without our strongest team out which maybe fair enough but all season its been borderline relegation form which is not acceptable.

• Like 3

If we beat Everton tomorrow, I think they'll go down. Looking at Burnley's fixtures with their 'new manager' bounce (you know what I mean) and looking at Everton's fixtures once the games in hand are no more... It's a massive game for them tomorrow night.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

It's time to start bringing a few of the academy prospects onto the bench, look at the boost it gave Alves playing in that cup match. A few more and it will really help them kick on next season I feel. We can name 9 subs so there's no excuse really.

You missed the reaction to Thomas having a dodgy game? No chance.