Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Everton (A) - Weds 20/04 (7:45pm KO) - Pre-match Thread

Perhaps it's the self-entitlement of some of their supporters that makes me quite dislike Everton, but wouldn't mind a drab 1-0 win against them.

Shame that Burnley didn't manage to win their previous game.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nick said:

If we beat Everton tomorrow, I think they'll go down. Looking at Burnley's fixtures with their 'new manager' bounce (you know what I mean) and looking at Everton's fixtures once the games in hand are no more... It's a massive game for them tomorrow night.

Everton's best chance of 3 points for the remainder of the season.  Play another weakened side and poor performance and with Villa at home to follow could be meeting Roma on the back of 3 defeats. Not ideal preparation for our ' biggest game ' of the season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jv1 said:

sorry if iv missed it but is this on TV- I swear it was originally on sky as the original was but seems to have disappeared from the sky page for live games- weird

The original fixture was meant to be on Sky mate, but since the reschedule they’re showing Chelsea v Arsenal tomorrow instead. So our game isn’t on TV

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jerry said:

Everton's best chance of 3 points for the remainder of the season.  Play another weakened side and poor performance and with Villa at home to follow could be meeting Roma on the back of 3 defeats. Not ideal preparation for our ' biggest game ' of the season.

my guess would be we go full strength for this then rotate again for villa. brendan wants rested but not rusty players

• Like 1

Our players need better GAME MANAGEMENT! I get the whole part about resting key players etc. against Newcastle we could have won that game and should have drawn at the end. it’s not a lack of quality it’s the lack of focus and desire.

rogers and his coaching staff end up taking the heat for that loss. They have to drill into the players that go out there to do their jobs. These same players have experienced similar defeats too often this season and they are still not learning or are switching off crucially in extra time. They lose their heads. We should win this comfortably and take that confidence into the Roma game. Don’t need the mental  baggage of two poor defeats.

Its tough.

We owe it to ourselves to roll over and then just win the European Cup (well, its a European Cup).

We owe it to football, however, to relegate Everton.

Prediction - 2 nil Everton in both games; Gray helping himself to all 4 goals and doing some sort of 'unshackled' celebration before retreating back to glorious, grumpy, mediocrity for the rest of his career.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...they were all poor on the day!!!

Give Popov 10- 15 minutes and see how he goes. I think he will  be revelation, very  Cottee like.

If the midfield stop in midflow, and can’t keep pumping balls into Daka or Nacho created space or where they point

Then like our defenders they get caught in no man’s land.

We open up space quite beautifly then in most drives forward..stutter..

or get the pub table & chairs out.& drink a beer,before we go 10 meters further..What with questioning our defensive coaches, the front 6 tactics this last season..most games we create space then stop & turn..

Or the players seem to want  to stop & ask fans for directions…
Just when we are about to build the gallows, they string out 3 decent exciting

games together…and frustratingly return again with the grandads Oki-Koki..

• Like 2

Back to the UECL/ midweek template for this one I predict, but one of KDH/ Tielemans to be rested, and probably switched at 60 mins or so. 

Schmeichel 

Ricardo - Fofana - Evans - Castagne 

Mendy - KDH

Albrighton  -  Maddison  -  Barnes 

Iheanacho 

• Like 1

Brendan is right.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61152943

Don't know the figures, but am sure how much Everton have wasted on expensive players who have flopped over the past few seasons much be pretty scary to read..

Edit: Sorry, just read the article just, mentioning they've spend over £500 over the past few seasons..

Hard to defend their club ownership when chucking whatever it was without proper scouting and much better incoming transfer policies.

Edited by Wymsey

2 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Back to the UECL/ midweek template for this one I predict, but one of KDH/ Tielemans to be rested, and probably switched at 60 mins or so. 

Schmeichel 

Ricardo - Fofana - Evans - Castagne 

Mendy - KDH

Albrighton  -  Maddison  -  Barnes 

Iheanacho 

I like this but I wouldn’t mind lookman starting and barnes coming on. I could also see Brendan starting Daka and kel coming on later. 

Guest Kopfkino

Only arsed about this because it’s be wonderful for Everton to go down and I’ll be fuming if we help them out

Would play one of Evans and Fofana in this with Soyuncu and then the other on Saturday, at least then we can avoid the Amartey-Soyuncu clown show until Spurs away