Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Everton (A) - Weds 20/04 (7:45pm KO) - Pre-match Thread

4 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Only arsed about this because it’s be wonderful for Everton to go down and I’ll be fuming if we help them out

Would play one of Evans and Fofana in this with Soyuncu and then the other on Saturday, at least then we can avoid the Amartey-Soyuncu clown show until Spurs away

Which one of Evans and Fofana do you want playing on short rest in the match that really matters?

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Which one of Evans and Fofana do you want playing on short rest in the match that really matters?

Saturday to Thursday isn’t really a short break. We do have a maximum of 11 games left this season, Fofana looks fit, he’s not coming back from a muscle injury and hasn’t had a big hard season, he’s been managed well with just a couple of games back in, a bit like preseason for him. I actually think he could play all remaining games this season. Evans maybe stick to just midweek.

I would like to treat this as a bit of a dress rehearsal for Roma and go pretty much full strength - maybe one of Tielemans or KDH could step aside for Mendy, but other than that, same team that played the second half in Eindhoven please.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Saturday to Thursday isn’t really a short break. We do have a maximum of 11 games left this season, Fofana looks fit, he’s not coming back from a muscle injury and hasn’t had a big hard season, he’s been managed well with just a couple of games back in, a bit like preseason for him. I actually think he could play all remaining games this season. Evans maybe stick to just midweek.

I would like to treat this as a bit of a dress rehearsal for Roma and go pretty much full strength - maybe one of Tielemans or KDH could step aside for Mendy, but other than that, same team that played the second half in Eindhoven please.

This late in the season, with all the miles on the tires, and for players still working their way back to fitness, four days is a short break.  If I had to start one of those guys it would be Wes, but why break them up when they’re in a good groove and synched with each other?  Just play them against Everton and then rest them.  And make sure KDH gets a break in one of the next two matches.

My wish list for tonight:

We have the majority Possession but in an area that can hurt Everton, not on our own final third why their defence has a cup of tea waiting for us to get there. 

Evans and Fofana to start.

Tielemans to be "rested."

Maddison to play Central. Newcastle couldn't believe their luck when we brought him on Sunday to influence and he touched the ball about twice.

Iheanacho and Daka to start. These are woeful at the back. Let's be bold and exploit it. 

Kasper

Ricardo  Fofana Evans  Castagne 

KDH   Mendy Hamza

Maddison

Iheanacho        Daka 

Edited by Gazza M
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

We have the majority Possession but in an area that can hurt Everton, not on our own final third why their defence has a cup of tea waiting for us to get there. 

Maddison to play Central. Newcastle couldn't believe their luck when we brought him on Sunday to influence and he touched the ball about twice.

Iheanacho and Daka to start. These are woeful at the back. Let's be bold and exploit it. 

Kasper

KDH   Mendy Hamza

Maddison

Iheanacho        Daka 

...we really need to give KDH a rest!!!

I don't fancy us getting much on Saturday so would really like a win here. I would drop Youri for this. He hasn't offered us anything offensively for some time and now he's actually starting to cost goals. Mendy and KDH partnership with Maddison in the #10 position ahead of them. 

18 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

If not tonight, on the weekend is OK.

...he looked out on his feet on Sunday!!!

When is one game too many, we need him out of the firing line. Fatigue leads to bad decisions, and that tends to lead to mistimed tackles and those 50/50 balls are no longer something you may come away with. 

2 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Kasper

KDH   Mendy Hamza

Maddison

Iheanacho        Daka 

I like the formation here, showing attacking intent.  We maybe don't need a first choice back 4, but no complaints.  My only concern is KDH, who surely needs resting at some point.  We are thin in that midfield area and the only option I can see for a genuine midfield replacement is Braybrooke, but that would be too risky for several reasons.

Gotta love a FT pre-match thread... All you need to post is that the team selection will be rubbish, the manager will be rubbish and the players will be rubbish without backing up any of your slander and then watch the rep points roll in from likeminded supporters of doom. lol

We were sloppy all game against Newcastle, When you play like that you get what you deserve. Having said that, they worked hard to keep us out, by dening space.

An oppoerunity missed, But we move on to Wednesday and I'd like to keep Everton in the mire.

They were going to do wonders last season and have struggled since. We can't have Gray coming back to beat us.

I'd really like to see them relegated this season.

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

I like the formation here, showing attacking intent.  We maybe don't need a first choice back 4, but no complaints.  My only concern is KDH, who surely needs resting at some point.  We are thin in that midfield area and the only option I can see for a genuine midfield replacement is Braybrooke, but that would be too risky for several reasons.

Your thought process and selection makes sense, maybe not to a coach on 10 mil a year though !

We still have 24 points to play for 

Brendan will not have chucked away the chance of European qualification via the league just yet 

I doubt he’ll be throwing in any kids to start just yet (and most played Monday night in any case) 

if we don’t win tonight then you could see that change on Saturday 

• Like 1