Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Everton (A) - Weds 20/04 (7:45pm KO) - Pre-match Thread

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

So do we think this chap is right? Clearly we do rely on Vards a lot, but to say we're 'literally a relegation side' is a bit far fetched in my opinion. 

IMG_20220420_114823.thumb.jpg.483ebdf09f7282352301f6833e835e42.jpg

Saw that a minute ago, bloke needs to check out our recent results

Edited by Simmo86
  • Like 1

Just now, hejammy said:

So do we think this chap is right? Clearly we do rely on Vards a lot, but to say we're 'literally a relegation side' is a bit far fetched in my opinion. 

Makes no mention of the three games in hand 

Makes no mention of the upturn in form of ourselves, Newcastle and Brentford 

Makes no mention of the results in Europe and the prioritisation 

We will drop off without Vardy as seen this year but the context of the season, that post by Everton fan is nonsense 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Deluded c***

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hejammy said:

No he is totally clueless… we just made 8 changes for the Newcastle game after beating PSV away, without Vardy too. Into a semi final, and not once have we been near the relegation soon, with or without Vardy… 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

He’s partially right. Replacing Vardy’s quality in our squad isn’t possible. It’s more likely that a new team will evolve that isn’t reliant on Vardy’s strengths and, to be fair, that’s already happening to a large extent.

Where he’s wrong is aligning our problems this season with Vardy’s absence. There is hardly a player who hasn’t been affected by a significant injury absence in our squad this season. This hasn’t helped, but neither has our poor defending particularly at set pieces. Not conceding some of the needless goals we have this season could easily have added 10 points to our total - and that’s hardly a Vardy issue.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, hejammy said:

He probably has a point. Our record in the league in the games Vardy hasn't featured reads,

3 wins

3 draws

6 defeats

So just 12 points from 12 games.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He probably has a point. Our record in the league in the games Vardy hasn't featured reads,

3 wins

3 draws

6 defeats

So just 12 points from 12 games.

Is that also due to not have fofana and evans all season? not having a settled back four? Everton are rotten to the core, and spent millions to only move backwards. Comparing us to them is a joke when we are in a semi-final ffs lol 

Vardy's injuries this season have no doubt compounded our issues, but his lengthy spells of absence are far from the primary cause of our underwhelming season. For that you need to look at the extreme concentration of our injuries in key defensive and defensive midfield positions. 

3 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Vardy's injuries this season have no doubt compounded our issues, but his lengthy spells of absence are far from the primary cause of our underwhelming season. For that you need to look at the extreme concentration of our injuries in key defensive and defensive midfield positions. 

Lost all our key defenders and our main striker, and we are still mid-table… Everton don’t come close 

20 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Deluded c***

It is very sad actually. Just shows how supporting Everton over a period of time can damage a persons brain.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he looked out on his feet on Sunday!!!

When is one game too many, we need him out of the firing line. Fatigue leads to bad decisions, and that tends to lead to mistimed tackles and those 50/50 balls are no longer something you may come away with. 

The problem is you're not going to rest him for both matches, and I'd rather he face Roma with a week off than 4 days off.

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

The problem is you're not going to rest him for both matches, and I'd rather he face Roma with a week off than 4 days off.

...I  would drop him for both!!!

Bring Soumare in for consecutive games, he has got to learn how to get up to speed, how does that happen unless you play.

You cannot replicate game day with what you do in training. 

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  would drop him for both!!!

Bring Soumare in for consecutive games, he has got to learn how to get up to speed, how does that happen unless you play.

You cannot replicate game day with what you do in training. 

I’d forgotten about him.

I had to check his Wikipedia page to make sure he was still alive 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

We still have 24 points to play for 

Brendan will not have chucked away the chance of European qualification via the league just yet 

I doubt he’ll be throwing in any kids to start just yet (and most played Monday night in any case) 

if we don’t win tonight then you could see that change on Saturday 

I was hoping this was the case till I saw us on Sunday. The lack of ambition to win that game was way more disappointing than the last minute goal

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would need to be a diamond then

Based on our wide options I'd say that's not a problem. Unfortunately our full backs seem to get a nose bleed if they cross the half way line these days, so it'd be a very easy to shut us out and then hit us on the counter.

3 hours ago, deep blue said:

I like the formation here, showing attacking intent.  We maybe don't need a first choice back 4, but no complaints.  My only concern is KDH, who surely needs resting at some point.  We are thin in that midfield area and the only option I can see for a genuine midfield replacement is Braybrooke, but that would be too risky for several reasons.

KDH 60 mins max and sub v Villa I was thinking. 

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Based on our wide options I'd say that's not a problem. Unfortunately our full backs seem to get a nose bleed if they cross the half way line these days, so it'd be a very easy to shut us out and then hit us on the counter.

Yes, bit harsh on the in form Lookman, but if our focus is in the ECL (Surely it must be now?) then this may be a decent chance to try the diamond

I think we'll lose tonight, and i don't mean that in a negative 'hate' way.

Everton have looked hopeless this season -  team of good players, but not a good team. 

Up until their last match, they have been staring relegation in the face, and still are, however their last match will have done them the world of good in terms of confidence and belief and i feel that they will come in to this match, , which they will see as very winnable, with all guns blazing.

Okay, they beat a poor Manchester United team, but it's still a win against Manchester United.

Whilst i don't doubt we are the better team overall, i just feel that Everton will have more desire, they will be more committed to 50/50's and i think they will get the better of us. I expect the likes of Richarlison & Anthony Gordon to cause us some real problems if they play.

I would also be interested to see if Gray starts. He's not been first choice this season however playing a former club can sometimes bring out that bit extra from a player, especially some one with the arrogance of Gray who will do his utmost to dry and make out we have missed out on the future Pele.

I'd love to see us win tonight, and we are more than capable of it, i just don't think we'll have the guts to win enough of the 50/50's.

• Like 1