Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Everton (A) - Weds 20/04 (7:45pm KO) - Pre-match Thread

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, bit harsh on the in form Lookman, but if our focus is in the ECL (Surely it must be now?) then this may be a decent chance to try the diamond

I don't like the idea of us sacking off a quarter of the season and realistic shot at 8th for the sake of 2 games. There's enough quality in this squad and some very winnable games - it won't sit well with me if the europa conference is used as an excuse for not finishing top 8 considering the position we find ourselves in right now. 6 of our last 8 are very winnable and we have few injuries right now. We should be looking to finish on a minimum of 56 points in my opinion, assuming we don't lose 5/6 players to injury over the coming week or two.

How he does it, I don't particularly care. We're playing some poor teams though and we have to have something to show for it. If other teams end up picking up more points and we can't catch them, then so be it. We need to be targetting 56+ points and a good showing in the semis from this point though.

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 2

I think we will win tonight I don’t see us wanting to be losing to many in a row before Roma so can see us playing a strong team tonight. Let’s smash these tonight and a draw at the weekend wouldn’t be to bad 

27 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I think we'll lose tonight, and i don't mean that in a negative 'hate' way.

Everton have looked hopeless this season -  team of good players, but not a good team. 

Up until their last match, they have been staring relegation in the face, and still are, however their last match will have done them the world of good in terms of confidence and belief and i feel that they will come in to this match, , which they will see as very winnable, with all guns blazing.

Okay, they beat a poor Manchester United team, but it's still a win against Manchester United.

Whilst i don't doubt we are the better team overall, i just feel that Everton will have more desire, they will be more committed to 50/50's and i think they will get the better of us. I expect the likes of Richarlison & Anthony Gordon to cause us some real problems if they play.

I would also be interested to see if Gray starts. He's not been first choice this season however playing a former club can sometimes bring out that bit extra from a player, especially some one with the arrogance of Gray who will do his utmost to dry and make out we have missed out on the future Pele.

I'd love to see us win tonight, and we are more than capable of it, i just don't think we'll have the guts to win enough of the 50/50's.

I mean I'm not a huge fan of the guy but what is this accusation based on? Although I do agree that potentially it could make an ex player try that little more against an old club, I'm not sure about calling him out to be arrogant?

6 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

This late in the season, with all the miles on the tires, and for players still working their way back to fitness, four days is a short break.  If I had to start one of those guys it would be Wes, but why break them up when they’re in a good groove and synched with each other?  Just play them against Everton and then rest them.  And make sure KDH gets a break in one of the next two matches.

I agree with you but think the more important aspect of your disagreement is familiarity, and that we should have a midweek team and a weekend team, certainly for the defence while we can, probably more difficult for midfield certainly. 

That way fofana and Evans are playing once a week and always together and as it is/used to be normal to play once a week there should he no excuses for rustiness and as much rest as we can afford to give them.

I obviously want to win every game (and we should have at Newcastle, even with a completely different back 4, and minus the brain farts we still should have) but Roma is most important.

As for resting kdh and tielemans, I'd do both tonight but if worried about not being good enough, kdh is priority and if tielemans got injured, I don't think I'd worry too much, with how poor he has been.

6 hours ago, Gazza M said:

My wish list for tonight:

We have the majority Possession but in an area that can hurt Everton, not on our own final third why their defence has a cup of tea waiting for us to get there. 

Evans and Fofana to start.

Tielemans to be "rested."

Maddison to play Central. Newcastle couldn't believe their luck when we brought him on Sunday to influence and he touched the ball about twice.

Iheanacho and Daka to start. These are woeful at the back. Let's be bold and exploit it. 

Kasper

Ricardo  Fofana Evans  Castagne 

KDH   Mendy Hamza

Maddison

Iheanacho        Daka 

This is pretty much my permanent team choice with tielemans for hamza and Vardy in leaving the other 2 to rotate/play based on form.

Plenty of chance to use the wingers to change a game up for fresh legs or cos it's not working.

Edited by gw_leics772

Curious as to why everyone thinks we're destined to lose this after one flat performance vs Newcastle that most were very confident we'd win. We'll have a stronger team out tonight as well I'd have thought at the back and Maddison will surely start.

Wr have to improve our away form, I hope Sundays defeat will spur on a desire to do so in the league before the end of the season.

• Like 3

Another pre conference friendly?

Maybe they should cancel and charge a fiver to watch the players running and doing keepy uppys around Bradgate Park.

Keeps the players sharp and is a cheaper, more entertaining day out for the fans.

That said........ win that nice shiny cup and all will be forgiven. 

5 minutes ago, jerry said:

Would take the opportunity to play two up front and include Daka.

So would I but it's highly unlikely to happen, if so bring Hamza in to play with KDH with Mendy as DCM and Maddison as ACM and Daka and Iheanacho up top.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

So would I but it's highly unlikely to happen, if so bring Hamza in to play with KDH with Mendy as DCM and Maddison as ACM and Daka and Iheanacho up top.

Be madness to keep playing KDH, in serious danger of over playing him as it is. His biggest facet is his work rate, the more we play him 3 times a week the less useful that's going to be when he's got no recovery time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Curious as to why everyone thinks we're destined to lose this after one flat performance vs Newcastle that most were very confident we'd win. We'll have a stronger team out tonight as well I'd have thought at the back and Maddison will surely start.

Wr have to improve our away form, I hope Sundays defeat will spur on a desire to do so in the league before the end of the season.

Personally not sure about destined to lose and I fully understand the need to manage lots of games.

Just a shame for those travelling fans wanting  to see ambitous football and and getting the pragmatism of the Arsenal, Man U and Newcastle games.

However, it is still better than most of what I had to suffer in my travelling days..........

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If Hamza doesn't start today then surely his Leicester career is done? The fact that he hasn't factored into any rotation so far as startling, especially when we have seen how much KDH and Youri is getting played.

6 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Just have this gut feeling that this will be another nailed on defeat…..

If it’s “just a gut feeling” it’s not really “nailed on” is it?

4 minutes ago, KingsX said:

If it’s “just a gut feeling” it’s not really “nailed on” is it?

To be fair, a gut feeling can be associated to a pre destined outcome.

I would trust a considered study suggesting a probable outcome more though

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

I think we'll lose tonight, and i don't mean that in a negative 'hate' way.

Everton have looked hopeless this season -  team of good players, but not a good team. 

Up until their last match, they have been staring relegation in the face, and still are, however their last match will have done them the world of good in terms of confidence and belief and i feel that they will come in to this match, , which they will see as very winnable, with all guns blazing.

Okay, they beat a poor Manchester United team, but it's still a win against Manchester United.

Whilst i don't doubt we are the better team overall, i just feel that Everton will have more desire, they will be more committed to 50/50's and i think they will get the better of us. I expect the likes of Richarlison & Anthony Gordon to cause us some real problems if they play.

I would also be interested to see if Gray starts. He's not been first choice this season however playing a former club can sometimes bring out that bit extra from a player, especially some one with the arrogance of Gray who will do his utmost to dry and make out we have missed out on the future Pele.

I'd love to see us win tonight, and we are more than capable of it, i just don't think we'll have the guts to win enough of the 50/50's.

Nah. 0-4 Albrighton hat trick.

• Haha 1