Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Everton (A) - Weds 20/04 (7:45pm KO) - Pre-match Thread

34 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Be madness to keep playing KDH, in serious danger of over playing him as it is. His biggest facet is his work rate, the more we play him 3 times a week the less useful that's going to be when he's got no recovery time.

He certainly needs a rest and I think I'd opt to do that vs Villa rather than tonight. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

If Hamza doesn't start today then surely his Leicester career is done? The fact that he hasn't factored into any rotation so far as startling, especially when we have seen how much KDH and Youri is getting played.

Surely we can't play Hamza and Mendy together. We'd end up sitting way too deep and would struggle to pass through the lines effectively. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Surely we can't play Hamza and Mendy together. We'd end up sitting way too deep and would struggle to pass through the lines effectively. 

So, back to my original question. Who can you rotate with KHD and Tielemans? The initial complaint was overplaying Tielemans.

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He certainly needs a rest and I think I'd opt to do that vs Villa rather than tonight. 

I'd fancy a weaker midfield up against the absolute dross/wasters Everton will be lining up with tonight rather than the likes of McGinn. Imagine if Hamza could play football, we'd have a formidable middle two in him and KDH with the yards they could cover.

36 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

So, back to my original question. Who can you rotate with KHD and Tielemans? The initial complaint was overplaying Tielemans.

Perfect opportunity for a U23 or U18 prospect in for KHD or Tielemans, at least for half a game. Gives them a rest and gives someone a chance. You don't get many games like tonight's. Braybrook looking good at the moment @moore_94or @Ric Flairknow a lot more about who would be suitable.

7 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Perfect opportunity for a U23 or U18 prospect in for KHD or Tielemans, at least for half a game. Gives them a rest and gives someone a chance. You don't get many games like tonight's. Braybrook looking good at the moment @moore_94or @Ric Flairknow a lot more about who would be suitable.

Braybrooke in Tielemans is style of play, whether he's even remotely ready for 1st team football at this level remains to be seen. I'm less sure on him than some others as he is so slight in size and I've seen him crumble in games for the U18/U23's when completely swamped but that happens very very rarely bit is a danger at this level whilst he's not quite as robust as he's likely to be in another year or two.

Wanya Marca is ready but he's more an ACM/RW. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamesp26 said:

2 options:

Youri and KDH play for 45 mins each tonight; or

One of them plays for 60 mins and the other 30 tonight, with roles reversed v Villa. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Braybrooke in Tielemans is style of play, whether he's even remotely ready for 1st team football at this level remains to be seen. I'm less sure on him than some others as he is so slight in size and I've seen him crumble in games for the U18/U23's when completely swamped but that happens very very rarely bit is a danger at this level whilst he's not quite as robust as he's likely to be in another year or two.

Wanya Marca is ready but he's more an ACM/RW. 

the kids played on monday evening ..... no one will be involved unless they didnt feature v blackburn 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Hamza earlier has had a couple of decent games in a more forward role..

Edited by fuchsntf