Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

The timing of this doesn’t really fit perfectly for Labour….

if he goes now, that will give someone enough time to sweep in with a  Wave of optimism and yet claim they haven’t had time to change things enough by the general election….  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPH said:

if he goes now, that will give someone enough time to sweep in with a  Wave of optimism and yet claim they haven’t had time to change things enough by the general election….  

Yeah but the list of likely candidates is absolutely harrowing reading to be honest and they won't have the good will that Boris does from the large chunk of the electorate that don't actually read the news, they just still vote Boris regardless because he's that funny floppy haired shagger what done Brexit. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Still too many dopey twerps out there will still vote for this shower

Yep. My local paper had interviews with Barry and Vera from Tory Vasey who believe Boris is doing a great job and this is a media and Remoaner plot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

It might not be feasible for someone to take over this government and wouldn’t be surprised if there was a general election by December. (Assuming Bojo goes quietly. 

That said, I think we’re just going to see a lot of Tory seats swung by Lib Dems rather than labour. I won’t be voting Tory this time round but certainly won’t be voting labour either. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

heseltine lives in a parallel universe - he thinks once johnson is gone that brexit will be reversed !

i guarantee that the next tory administration will have a few current serving ministers in it.

They deserve to be in opposition for at least a decade

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

They can definitely put pressure on for a GE though. Especially as it's the 3rd time in 6 years they've forced their own PM out and every time we had a GE a few months later. They can almost certainly call for a VONC in the commons. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

They can definitely put pressure on for a GE though. Especially as it's the 3rd time in 6 years they've forced their own PM out and every time we had a GE a few months later. They can almost certainly call for a VONC in the commons. 

Great shot by Starmer at the cabinet lackeys. Only in office as they are the only ones prepared to debase themselves.  He called them the Lightweight Brigade

2 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Great shot by Starmer at the cabinet lackeys. Only in office as they are the only ones prepared to debase themselves.  He called them the Lightweight Brigade

That's just it, from now on he can call them complicit in Johnson's farce.

• Like 1

Government cabinet blast from the past Sir Malcolm Rifkind said of Johnson; he's a great campaigner but bloody awful prime minister. That, he argued, is why the Tories had such a massive majority but why things have been, ahem, less good since.

If he's correct, I hope the Tories will now lose the ability to pull copious amounts of wool over the electorates eyes.

• Like 2