Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

By stressing the mandate he has from the people, he does seem to be manoeuvring himself into a position where he will try and justify calling a snap GE which will scare the hell out of his MP’s 

he can’t get away with that - surely 

The line they're trotting out is because another Tory leader would be able to command the majority in the commons than the queen would likely reject it 

Just now, Górnik Leicester said:

I don't know, to be honest. You seem to be assuming that because I'm against this Tory government, then I must be a Labour supporter or member. 

lol not at all, I was just looking at whether the situations were quite similar cause I can't remember the Corbyn thing as much, I'm pretty sure it went to the unions or something 

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The line they're trotting out is because another Tory leader would be able to command the majority in the commons than the queen would likely reject it 

that would be unprecedented in modern times to bring buck house into politics ……

tbh, it’s a hill to die on  - he claims that the people voted him in and it’s only the people who should be allowed to vote him out 

Could Tory mp’s respond by putting forward a motion to bring a straight referendum to decide on his leadership!  

Just now, st albans fox said:

that would be unprecedented in modern times to bring buck house into politics ……

tbh, it’s a hill to die on  - he claims that the people voted him in and it’s only the people who should be allowed to vote him out 

Could Tory mp’s respond by putting forward a motion to bring a straight referendum to decide on his leadership!  

Oh yeah I think thats another trump card the Tories have up their sleeves if Boris presses the nuke button 

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

By stressing the mandate he has from the people, he does seem to be manoeuvring himself into a position where he will try and justify calling a snap GE which will scare the hell out of his MP’s 

he can’t get away with that - surely 

God I hope he can get away with that, do away with the whole rotten lot of them

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Shock of shocks. 

He's obviously not going til he's physically dragged out. 

Trumpian denial. 

Glorious to see because he doesn’t have an army of duffers in stupid hats to attack Parliament. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Brandon Lewis has apparently resigned. Good, it had got boring there for about half an hour.

Especially for those of us having a shot for every resignation. 

• Like 1