Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

7 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I don't disagree with any of that mate, I'm just saying the basic principles of morality and integrity have been long gone since Johnson stepped into office, he's just a good snapshot of it 

For sure, the issues didn't start with him or with Brexit or whatever

8 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

The rich get richer while we all get poorer every month. Everyone slaving away 40 hours a week or more just to make these cvnts even more money. Everything going up in price because heaven forbid these companies & the rich don't make their impossible, perpetual profit.

Capitalism is just not working.

The problem is in the west, on the whole, people are too comfortable to really change the status quo. You’ve got people in relatively comfortable positions who think yeah potentially things could get better but they could also get a lot worse. 

When you take a step back and look at it, for example, is there much difference between Amazon warehouse workers pissing into bottles so they can meet packing targets on “Prime Day” for near minimum wage much different than people, hundreds of years ago farming land they didn’t own and paying tax to the nearest Earl or Lord for the pleasure of doing so?

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Thanks 1

A graph for the 'politicians are all the same' / 'capitalism isn't working' people.

Sure there are multiple factors outside our control involved, but the idea that it doesn't matter who's in charge is clearly untrue and I don't know why it's still so widespread after the last decade.

FB_IMG_1657191195153.jpg.9ff7b91a29e21315f52b528f1de40b91.jpg

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

I feel sorry for people who genuinely think this.

This is the legacy of Johnson and his regime. They have single handedly debased both politics and trust in politics. Anything that makes people dismiss politicians as "they're all the same" is hugely damaging to democracy. 

I suggest before you start feeling sorry for me, you look a lot further back over the years and see what promises were made and how many were successfully made…. 

It’s a vicious circle that starts with them promising all and sundry to get votes and the promises never materialising. Most of the time for their own personal gain. 

2 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Got Brexit done - no he hasn't, you mean the one where they contemplating breaking international law, and the thing people thought they wanted now now reality has hit they don't.

Yes, I don't get this either. If it is done why are they choosing to rip up parts of it?

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Yes, I don't get this either. If it is done why are they choosing to rip up parts of it?

As per a lot of ills in the country (politically and socially), people don't give a fcuk. If it doesn't change or bother me, why care? 

I saw a clip of some people in Salisbury yesterday on 10pm BBC News and the delusion included a mid 30 yr old who said Brexit was achieved. 

8 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

MP's still coming out backing Boris and unbelievably listing his 'achievement's.:D  These people must be so deluded and obviously can't comprehend the chaos they help create, backing his serial philanderer, this serial liar.

They always list the same thing.

Got Brexit done - no he hasn't, you mean the one where they contemplating breaking international law, and the thing people thought they wanted now now reality has hit they don't.

vaccine rollout - nothing stopped us going alone in the rollout even if we were in the EU, the rollout that the rest of Europe caught very quickly and in some cases surpassed us.  Given the disaster of his handling of Covid I'm amazed they want to bring up Covid at all.

Ukraine - possibly the most insidious of all, first of all Poland did more they anyone, we make the refugee application so complicated and lengthy we took tiny amounts compared to others.  And there are Ukrainians are facing homelessness over here now, its a disgrace.

These are his achievements.

Bloody hell.

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

And that's always the focus 'get Brexit done'. If it's done, the focus should shift elsewhere? 

He's not got Brexit done at all and that's a gigantic failing on his part. 

• Like 1

I’ll also say the media in some self congratulatory mood today. They’ve known the stories regards Boris for months before they finally broke them. Everyone knew Pincher was a wrong un but it took years to put it in print. The whole landscape is a cesspit 

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

As per a lot of ills in the country (politically and socially), people don't give a fcuk. If it doesn't change or bother me, why care? 

I saw a clip of some people in Salisbury yesterday on 10pm BBC News and the delusion included a mid 30 yr old who said Brexit was achieved. 

I hate those news clips.

Constantly last night interviewing members of the 'public'

"I don't think anybody could have done any better than Boris, I think he's done a good job"

Rinse, Repeat.

Waht planet have these people been living on for 2 years?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’ll also say the media in some self congratulatory mood today. They’ve known the stories regards Boris for months before they finally broke them. Everyone knew Pincher was a wrong un but it took years to put it in print. The whole landscape is a cesspit 

You can't just print/report something because you know it's true.

It's what you can prove.

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I hate those news clips.

Constantly last night interviewing members of the 'public'

"I don't think anybody could have done any better than Boris, I think he's done a good job"

Rinse, Repeat.

Waht planet have these people been living on for 2 years?

Sadly these are the kind of people who form their political opinions based on what they see on the front page of a red-top.

Totally apathetic towards politics... And given the shit we've had to put up with for the last few years, I can empathise with them. 

• Like 1