Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I ****ing love this country at times I really do

Steve Bray is brilliant. You've got to admire the mans commitment to trolling. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Nice points in his speech. Can't deny the good things he's done even though many will try. Hope the next leader doesn't falter on the support to Ukraine. 

I'm not going to slate him without reason but I can't help but feel like a lot of the support for Ukraine was more to do with his obsession to be remembered as some sort of Churcill wartime style hero. Probably why he's banged on about it so much in his speech and yesterday.

• Like 1

Just now, Nalis said:

I'm not going to slate him without reason but I can't help but feel like a lot of the support for Ukraine was more to do with his obsession to be remembered as some sort of Churcill wartime style hero. Probably why he's banged on about it so much in his speech and yesterday.

Honestly if that's the motivation, so be it, as long as they get the support 

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Classic Tory war fetish. All like to pretend they fought or had something to do with it. 

7 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Nice points in his speech. Can't deny the good things he's done even though many will try. Hope the next leader doesn't falter on the support to Ukraine. 

The only reason, however indirectly noble it was, to back Ukraine so fully, was to get some kind of public support for himself and distract from his numerous constant f**kups. The fact that he's admitted yesterday to meeting an ex KGB agent without security detail probably sours your argument that he has noble principles. 

• Like 3

The key is he will be gone which is what most wanted. Thats happened so all you can focus on now is hopefully a decent replacement comes in and when the next general election happens you can make your voices heard at the ballot box.

Wish Trudeau would do the same over here!

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I ****ing love this country at times I really do

Is the Benny Hill tune:

1) For Him

2) For the current Conservative administration

3) The process of picking a new leader from the group just described by James O'Brien above

4) All of the Above

The Political Boys & Girls in Blue will & need to take a hell of a beating (and lets not mention Maggie Thatcher & Winston)

Superb.....

He’s not resigned. He’s announced his intention to resign - this is nothing less than one more power play to buy time while he works out another way around everything.

Tories have to support a VONC.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Sorry if I misunderstood, but that really happened live on TV, no editing required! 

Yep, Steve Bray is the anti-Tory, anti-Brexit activist who stands outside HoP every day with placards and a loudspeaker, always interrupting live news broadcasts on the green.  

I can guarantee that was him playing that music in the background. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Yep, Steve Bray is the anti-Tory, anti-Brexit activist who stands outside HoP every day with placards and a loudspeaker, always interrupting live news broadcasts on the green.  

I can guarantee that was him playing that music in the background. 

Ah got you!! It was quite a moment!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Diffco said:

The only reason, however indirectly noble it was, to back Ukraine so fully, was to get some kind of public support for himself and distract from his numerous constant f**kups. The fact that he's admitted yesterday to meeting an ex KGB agent without security detail probably sours your argument that he has noble principles. 

If the end result is supporting Ukraine which I am in favour of, I'm not really bothered if it was a way to get public support. 

Besides, he would clearly have supported Ukraine regardless (a common argument is he idealises Churchill after all), not to cover the over sensationalised "f""kups" all of which are tame in comparison to war. 

Just now, LCFCCHRIS said:

If the end result is supporting Ukraine which I am in favour of, I'm not really bothered if it was a way to get public support. 

Besides, he would clearly have supported Ukraine regardless (a common argument is he idealises Churchill after all), not to cover the over sensationalised "f""kups" all of which are tame in comparison to war. 

Any UK government would've supported Ukraine. Literally any. The fact he parroted it for months on end as a means of political leverage has clearly worked on yourself innit. Remember he's disingenuous as it is as he potentially allowed himself to be a national security threat, to Ukraine's aggressor, in 2018. Thems are the breaks 

6 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

You know what would make even war like that appear tame?

.... actually, he's been on the right side for that one too, surprisingly enough.

Still, worse things out there than war, let's not pretend it negates all other issues.