Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Right.

That might also have been exacerbated by the voices in government (and in the wider world) that thought lockdown wasn't necessary at all and that Darwin's rules should apply. Which of course is an outstanding sentiment if you overlook the corpses.

But I thought no one, absolutely no one has the right to decide what a person does with their body. No science on how a lockdown can save lives matters, that’s a distraction. To legally prevent people from choosing what to do with their bodies is reprehensible, isn’t it? 

11 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Cummings is an absolute melt, but there’s part of me won’t believe Johnson’s gone until he has. He’s a few more weeks to come up with more plans. 

Our very own Donald!!

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Strokes said:

He's not wrong, as I said earlier. This is a resignation without resigning to tread water in the hope that something crops up or can be engineered.

It's Trumpian.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

He's not wrong, as I said earlier. This is a resignation without resigning to tread water in the hope that something crops up or can be engineered.

It's Trumpian.

Exactly. So many people don't realise the sort of character we're dealing with here. He doesn't have a conscience, any sort of humility and definitely no shame. He'll cling onto power in the most pathetic ****ing way imaginable. Absolute weasel.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Daggers said:

It's  Trumpian.

Boris Johnson. I have to tell you this evening that you must leave your home

• Haha 2

Cummings is maybe a driven, volatile and vindictive bloke (or melt if you prefer) but he's no idiot. He's a strategist, a manipulator, a plotter - he'll have a pretty good handle on Boris. He might well be overstating the fears but I'd not dismiss them. 

I'd prefer Boris to be out now.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Daggers said:

It's Trumpian.

Very scary!

30 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

There is a reason that good people fall for confidence tricksters...

Farage is the one I can never get my head round. Everything about him screams dodgy financial adviser, but loads of people hang on his every word (although not as many now, like)

• Like 2